Docking at Nynashamn, Stockholm

I will be on board the Regal Princess, docking at Nynashamn, Stockholm on the 15/8.

I was looking at doing Stockholm on my own by catching the HOHO bus.

The Strommas site does say that they send HOHO buses out to Nynashamn to pick up passengers but would like to know if anyone has done this recently and if it worked for them.

Really just want to confirm that they do go out to Nynashamn.

I have emailed Strommas but they have not replied. Thanks

Hi - I also emailed Stromma and they took about a week to reply so you may get one yet! They confirmed to me that they send buses out to the ship and the buses wait about an hour for passengers. They recommend pre-booking but you can just pay on the day - although it is more expensive.

On the basis of that I have now booked. Hope this helps!

:)

Thanks scotbean, was wondering, do the HOHO buses go back to the dock at the end of the day, or do we have to find our own way back, such as the train?

They don't mention anything about return. Many Thanks again.

Just answered my own question, I found it on their Website. Yes they do return to the boat but you don't know at what time until they tell you.

I think that's how I read it.

Thanks

it's been about 4 years but we docked on the Regal at Nynashamn and took the hoho bus up to Stockholm and then back down at the end of our day. I remember it went smoothly and worked out well, except that in the morning they wanted to wait until the bus was completely full. We sat at the dock for about 30 mins then started grumbling that we wanted to get going, and after a few more minutes they complied. It wasn't a big deal except it was frustrating to just sit, when there was so much to see in Stockholm. We may have opted for the hoho bus and boat combo, because we took a boat at one point during the day and I don't remember having to purchase a ticket.

it's been about 4 years but we docked on the Regal at Nynashamn and took the hoho bus up to Stockholm and then back down at the end of our day. I remember it went smoothly and worked out well, except that in the morning they wanted to wait until the bus was completely full. We sat at the dock for about 30 mins then started grumbling that we wanted to get going, and after a few more minutes they complied. It wasn't a big deal except it was frustrating to just sit, when there was so much to see in Stockholm. We may have opted for the hoho bus and boat combo, because we took a boat at one point during the day and I don't remember having to purchase a ticket.

I wasn't in that situation, but know several who had the same experience. I can understand the viewpoint of the bus company in wanting a full bus, but I also know myself, if I were sitting there just waiting for the bus to finally leave, I would be getting more upset by the minute. It might be more beneficial to take the train or book a ship's bus that takes you to the city.

Cheers

Len

I will be on board the Regal Princess, docking at Nynashamn, Stockholm on the 15/8.

The Strommas site does say that they send HOHO buses out to Nynashamn to pick up passengers but would like to know if anyone has done this recently and if it worked for them.

Hi, I'm just off the NCL Breakaway which docked at Nynashamn and we booked the HoHo Combo (includes HoHo boats too) through NCL and the buses were there at the Port. Waited maybe 10 min for the bus to leave the port. They gave us a pick up time in Stockholm at the Opera House at 4 pm. We took the HoHo off directly to the Vasa Museum at the beginning of the day and then took the HoHo boat from behind the Vasa into the city center, near the Palace. It all worked fine, but made for a pretty short day in this wonderful port (from about 10 am - 4 pm). Next time, I'll book a smaller ship that sails the Archipelago and docks in Stockholm.

Enjoy your cruise!

Lynne

Hi, I'm just off the NCL Breakaway which docked at Nynashamn and we booked the HoHo Combo (includes HoHo boats too) through NCL and the buses were there at the Port. Waited maybe 10 min for the bus to leave the port. They gave us a pick up time in Stockholm at the Opera House at 4 pm. We took the HoHo off directly to the Vasa Museum at the beginning of the day and then took the HoHo boat from behind the Vasa into the city center, near the Palace. It all worked fine, but made for a pretty short day in this wonderful port (from about 10 am - 4 pm). Next time, I'll book a smaller ship that sails the Archipelago and docks in Stockholm.

Enjoy your cruise!

Lynne

How long did it take to get into the city?

• 4 weeks later...
How long did it take to get into the city?

The HOHO bus will take 45 min drive from the port of Nynashamn to Stockholm city.

We had booked the HOHO bus with Stromma which was referred by the tourism at Nynashamn. On that day, we waited an hour and there was no sign of the bus. There were so many red buses sitting at the port to pick up their customers. The guy from Red Bus saw us waiting for so long and he was so genius to give us a ride to Stockholm city. We talked to one the rep from Stomma and she said they do not have buses going to Nynashamn. We were so disappointed. We ended up taking a train back to the ship after touring the Vasa Museum and Gamla stan.

I would suggest that you book this excursion with the ship.

The HOHO bus will take 45 min drive from the port of Nynashamn to Stockholm city.

I would suggest that you book this excursion with the ship.

And for future cruise travels, I would suggest not to book with a s ship that berths at Nynäshamn instead of Stockholm.

You will miss the archipelago sail through and travelling will be a hassle.

And for future cruise travels, I would suggest not to book with a s ship that berths at Nynäshamn instead of Stockholm.

Sailing through the archipelago is incredible and was one of the highlights of our Baltic cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, we just came back last week from the Baltic cruise on Regal Princess. They put docking at Nynashamn on the passenger website but we actually ended up docking at Frihamnen. It was amazing to sail through the archipelago. I would suggest going to a website to double check on where you would be docking. I used TJ Travel, paid for a tour docking in Nynashamn, and just recently got refunded the $ difference since we ended up at Frihamnen.

Sailing through the archipelago is incredible and was one of the highlights of our Baltic cruise.

Three years ago, we chose the NCL star over the Regal princess for exactly this reason, even though Princess is our favorite cruise line. The one thing you need to be really careful about is there is very little extra clearance for the larger ships to make it into Stockholm directly. If there is any wind or adverse sea conditions, they will need to be diverted to Nynashamn for safety reasons. Also, please note that NCL originally sold the 2018 sailings as docking directly in Stockholm, and waited until after final payment to announce they would switch to Nynashamn. After much grumbling, they agreed to run a free bus to Stockholm for passengers who booked prior to the announcement. If docking in Stockholm and sailing the archipelago is really important to you please note that it is more likely to be able to occur in a smaller ship.

Hi, we just came back last week from the Baltic cruise on Regal Princess. They put docking at Nynashamn on the passenger website but we actually ended up docking at Frihamnen. It was amazing to sail through the archipelago. I would suggest going to a website to double check on where you would be docking. I used TJ Travel, paid for a tour docking in Nynashamn, and just recently got refunded the $ difference since we ended up at Frihamnen.

This is interesting to know as we will be sailing the Regal next year.

How did you get into Stockholm?

• 1 month later...

This is very interesting! My concern is when does one find out where they will be docking? Did you get an email before leaving stating different pier? My only concern is that we will be meeting friends for the day and would hate to have them drive to Nynashamn when we will be elsewhere!!!!

Pooh

I definitely saw HoHo busses there