Flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles, Is this a joke Princess?

cruzsnooze

We have EZ Air non-stop flights LAX to YVR and back for fall 2018. One direction we are paying $104 pp. The other direction was $112. I think I initially booked the flights at about $134, and re-fared twice under the flex feature as the prices dropped. They are currently listed at $155-180.

My only concern is that the airline might try to move me to a flight that isn't non-stop (I've had airlines pull that when I've booked directly with them). My daughter has mobility issues, and a direct flight is MUCH easier for her. If we get changed, I'll be having quite a chat with the airline.

We have EZ Air non-stop flights LAX to YVR and back for fall 2018. One direction we are paying $104 pp. The other direction was $112. I think I initially booked the flights at about $134' date=' and re-fared twice under the flex feature as the prices dropped. They are currently listed at $155-180.

My only concern is that the airline might try to move me to a flight that isn't non-stop (I've had airlines pull that when I've booked directly with them). My daughter has mobility issues, and a direct flight is MUCH easier for her. If we get changed, I'll be having quite a chat with the airline.[/quote']

Not with the airline - with Princess. They hold your booking, not the airline. Call them first if something like that happens - it did with my May cruise. The flight was completely deleted and I could pay more for a much later non-stop (no thanks) or make a stop. Pretty frustrating.

BTW, you sure do get good rates to LAX. They're always about $100 more RT to SAN. :loudcry:

When booking EZ Air it is best to choose your flights prior to calling the TA otherwise the tendency of the TA is to book the first option and that could be a really bad choice. I have had to insist on booking a flight showing on EZ Air when the TA said it wasn’t available. EZ Air is definitely the way to go - just do your homework.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When booking EZ Air it is best to choose your flights prior to calling the TA otherwise the tendency of the TA is to book the first option and that could be a really bad choice. I have had to insist on booking a flight showing on EZ Air when the TA said it wasn’t available. EZ Air is definitely the way to go - just do your homework.

Why involve the TA when you can just choose them yourself?

I changed mine 6x before coming up with the flights I wanted.

I used a TA for my cruise booking. Prior to the PIF date, I was able to book my own flights thru EZ Air and refare them twice. I wouldn't allow the TA to choose my flights without consultation with me...which means I should just choose myself and notify TA if the PIF date had passed.

We did use EZ Air for our upcoming cruise this November. We booked under the Come Back New promo with free gratuities and "up to" $300 off on flights. We're flying from Sacramento to Los Angeles and back for a grand total of $0.00 as each of our round trip flights came to less than $300. This is our first experience with EZ Air and it's working out quite well for us due to the promo.

I had never booked EZ air as I have always managed to get great prices on my own. However, with the promo of "free grats" and "up to $300 off flights" for the heck of it I went into the flight portion of my personalizer and found the exact flights on the same airline I had been watching for $100pp ROUND TRIP. Same fare through airline something like $236pp, I was able to immediately book it, restricted fare, which I was able to select my seats and pay immediately. So I am locked in. This is on Jetblue, non stop. I just got my notice for final payment, which broke down the costs, and said "air fees, $40", so with that being said, the actual cost of the ticket was $30pp, one way.....YIKES

I wasn’t aware you could book EZ Air through Princess and the cruise through a TA. Is this the

case?

As far as I'm aware, once your cruise is booked, and your personalizer is "live", you can manage your cruise whatever way you want. Book air, dinners, excursions, pre purchase any thing you want, OBC, treats, items....Its your cruise

I wasn’t aware you could book EZ Air through Princess and the cruise through a TA. Is this the

case?

That’s what I always do...book our cruise through our TA & through my Cruise Personalizer book & manage my Flexible eZAir flights. I have much more time to search for flights & decide what’s my best option than to have my TA guess what’s my best option.

Before my first attempt at making an online eZAir change I called Princess who assisted me with online changes so I didn’t make any mistakes. Now that I’m comfortable with the procedure I always make changes through my CP. One example for an international flight from the USA: price drops from $576 to $241 with a better flight. :D

The flights are already posted, it's less then 330 days out. It's funny that there are a lot of these ridiculous flight paths. I will wait to book my flights when there are some non stop flights which should be 21/2 hours.

I used EZ Air and booked a non-stop flight May 4, 2019 YVR to LAX on Air Canada and the flexible price, which doesn’t have to be paid until final payment, is the same as I would have to pay the airline right now. That’s a win-win to me.

One time I was looking for flights between LA and San Francisco. It was drastically cheaper to go via Honolulu (with only a 2 hour layover, no time to leave the airport) than a direct flight. It was crazy!

Fly Southwest. LAX to SFO nonstop. $39.

Since this thread popped back up,,,

EZ-air bookers.........most likely your "perfect flight" will change if you book it several months as airlines always readjust closer to flight day.

Even if your flights look unchanged on your personalizer, they might have changed with the airline.....as it takes time for the systems to talk and often manual changes to take place which provide you with an email notification.

On previous posts. I have mentioned my use of EZ air in the last year and a half several times.

All have had changes....some I was contacted about immediately others I found myself.

Even if you book not using EZ_air there is a good possibility flights will be changed, you just have to be flexible.

Re: EZ-air..if a Princess rep, and EZ-air rep. tell you to cancel and rebook at a higher rate as the flights are no longer available do not do this!!!! This happened to me on an international flight, let your flights sit on your personalizer unchanged until the situation is resolved to your satisfaction.

Edited by land lover

Book your own.

I obviously wasn't booking this but had to ask what is Princess thinking by taking you from Vancouver to Los Angeles via Toronto. It shouldn't even be an option. There were several flights just as screw ball that went thru Dallas and Minnesota. I found it Bizarre.

Personally I would never use a cruise line air for Domestic flights, they are better for INTL especially 1 way. i have looked at prices if traveling North, back to So Calif. Flights say from Seattle back to Palm Springs, Ca usually will be Alaska Airlines via San Francisco right into PS, yet they will show flights to SLC, LAX to Palm Springs. I can also get a Non stop flight

As a Canadian, I would advise anyone to stay away from Pearson Airport in Toronto if at all possible. Incoming and outgoing flights are separated by miles, avoid short turnaround times - allow at least 2 hours between flights. I came through from New York when I'd had a stroke and they charged me for wheelchair assistance to get to my flight home. Last time I went through I requested wheelchair assistance and never got it. One time we came through and had to retrieve our luggage from the carousel and then re-submitt it for our ongoing flight. Every bad flying experience I've had has been at Pearson.

As a Canadian, I would advise anyone to stay away from Pearson Airport in Toronto if at all possible. Incoming and outgoing flights are separated by miles, avoid short turnaround times - allow at least 2 hours between flights. I came through from New York when I'd had a stroke and they charged me for wheelchair assistance to get to my flight home. Last time I went through I requested wheelchair assistance and never got it. One time we came through and had to retrieve our luggage from the carousel and then re-submitt it for our ongoing flight. Every bad flying experience I've had has been at Pearson.

How much is the charge for wheelchair assistance?

King

YMMV

I'll generally use ITA flight matrix (for example) and EZAir to look at options and price-up via the airlines' and Princess' websites. Sometimes EZAir wins, sometimes not. For example, our Alaskan southbound cruise with direct LAX - ANC (Alaska) and YMV-LAX (Air Canada) worked out cheaper with EZAir while direct LAX-SYD, ACK-LAX was cheaper direct.

Bottom line is if I see a route / fare I'm comfortable with, I'll book it.

Take the bus to Bellingham airport just over the border. WAY cheaper. Plus, they're one of the airports that don't use the radiation machines, preferring to rely on the expertise of their (former military and LEO) officers. Or Amtrak to Seatac (not Seattle proper - further south). Bellingham is nicer (small, with good people), but SEA might be less expensive -- Southwest had a $79 fare last week.