Carnival Sunshine Dry Dock 2018

brwngyal124

We are on the last cruise leaving out of FL on May 12 before it goes to SC. Do I need to worry about it being cancelled. I am seeing alot of cancellations by Carnival when the ship is being relocated. This is our first cruise, so trying not to worry about things but keep seeing this happening.

We are on the last cruise leaving out of FL on May 12 before it goes to SC. Do I need to worry about it being cancelled. I am seeing alot of cancellations by Carnival when the ship is being relocated. This is our first cruise, so trying not to worry about things but keep seeing this happening.

I wouldn't worry. Sometimes cancellations happen before or after a drydock, but even then it's unusual. You're fine. Enjoy Sunshine. We'd like to get one more on her before she's relegated to the shorter cruises.

We just got off the Sunshine last Sunday and there were hints of sewage while walking around some parts of the ship, but nothing dramatic. Our bathroom progressively smelled more-and-more like urine throughout the week. And on the last two days, an apparent water pressure issue left flushing to be a mere suggestion. However this was my first cruise and I really didn't know what to expect. Maybe I was too laid back about it, but it was vacation.

Something that does require attention in dry dock is her stabilizers. In a forum on a different site, a cruiser reported that months ago during a very harsh ride, the captain told him that they were experiencing stabilizer malfunctions. And during our entire 8 day cruise, regardless of wind speed, wind direction, or waves (usually smooth to slight, sometimes moderate) she was rocking constantly. My wife and I asked quite a few experienced cruisers if the ship motion was considered normal and ALL of them, at least 30 people (most platinum), said that it was the worst they had ever felt.

Hopefully while in dry dock they can get rid of that arrogant sales guy who sells watches. His stupid hat and fake accent did NOT make me want to buy a watch.

Off topic but I've never found what I thought to be a good deal on the ship's jewelry. Every "deal" they mention is what I normally pay at home. Obviously I save tax, but I also lose the business of my local jeweler who will service the piece for free if I buy it from them.

I also felt a lot of motion on the Sunshine last year. Going in I didn't think I would since the ship is much bigger than the other ships I've been on, but that wasn't the case. The seas are normally fairly rough leaving Charleston and coming back in though, so it didn't bother me too much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That’s just a handful of dining booths - I guess it’s possible since it would have galley access, but it would potentially cut down on some of the other seating, and presumably further reconfiguration of the galley.

Another possibility might be to put it on Deck 10, similar to Guy’s BBQ on the Sunrise, but I’m not sure how much of the backstage area is mechanical space.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

That "open" area is a galley. If you believe that any space that is blank on deck plans is really "empty"or "open" space, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Without adding more superstructure, adding a new restaurant will require removing something else.