Discover Card 10 percent cash back on NCL

grammy c

Has anyone used this offer? Came in an email with proper last four didgets to our number and had to use password to open our site. So am guessing it's legitimate. Sounds too good, but will call the number tomorrow to see if my recent online booking is transferable. And yes, have nice perks I don't want to loose. Any info. Here would be appreciated.

I have been with DC for a long time and while this promo maybe a first with NCL usually there is

cap limit on the amount of Cash Back.

Categories of Home Improvement i.e. a $500 limit based on 5% of purchases of $10,000.

This NCL DC offer ??? 10% of what ? The total cruise fare or are there limits - may apply only

to a specific class of cabins ?

American Express also has promos - provided that the entire purchase be charged on the card.

Some affinity cards provide points miles and other member benefit rewards.

NCL has its own credit card and benefits unique to NCL.

Read the fine print - the terms and conditions of the sale contract etc.

Frequently you can do better with other forms of payment but if you have only one credit card

then make the best of its use.

Ye ole comparing Oranges to Apples.

OP please post your findings - is this really that good - or too good ?

To use discover's program for the NCL cruise, you would have to book it under discover's partner site. Go to discover deals and click on/search Norwegian. It is 10% cashback bonus and it is when the cruise is book for 6 night or longer.

Part of it is only given to you when you booked, not the whole 10%.

The other is given/credited after the cruise is finished.

It it also based on the cruise fare, not the total cost of the cruise.

You can call to find out more and to see if it is transferable.

Good luck and have a nice cruise.

Has anyone used this offer? Came in an email with proper last four didgets to our number and had to use password to open our site. So am guessing it's legitimate. Sounds too good, but will call the number tomorrow to see if my recent online booking is transferable. And yes, have nice perks I don't want to loose. Any info. Here would be appreciated.

Haven’t used it but I did look it up. You have to book through Discover Card’s Vacation desk by calling and it says you get the cash back within 10 weeks of travel so unless it’s a last minute cruise you won’t see it for a while. You can find it under the rewards tab on their website under Discover Deals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The DEAL:

https://card.discover.com/cardmembersvcs/deals/app/home?ICMPGN=AC_NAV_L3_DEALS#/deal/10839

Earn 10% Cashback Bonus through Cruise and Vacation Desk Norwegian Cruise Line

Expires 06/30/2018

Earn 10% Cashback Bonus when you book any 6 night or longer Norwegian Cruise Line vacation in a

balcony stateroom or higher with Cruise and Vacation Desk

EXCEPTIONS:

1. Call the number displayed or click the ‘Shop Now’ button to visit the website.
  2. Pay with your Discover card at checkout.
  3. Receive your Cashback Bonus within 10 weeks of travel.

Shop Nowor Call

877-835-8736

Terms & Conditions

Offer valid through 6/30/2018. Discover card must be used for payment. Cruise must be booked through Cruise and Vacation Desk online or by phone.

10% Cashback Bonus can be earned on the base cruise fare only.

Government taxes and fees do not apply.

Guests must reserve a 6 night or longer qualifying vacation

with Cruise & Vacation Desk. Cardmembers

must book by 6/30/2018 to qualify and must travel by 12/31/2018.

Offer is subject to change, including termination, without notice. Promotional rate is locked at time of booking. Promotional reward is based on final base cruise fare charged to Discover card. Lowest available fare is guaranteed at the time of booking. Offer may be used in conjunction with other offers by Cruise and Vacation Desk such as Past Passenger promotions, senior rates, etc.; confirm offer eligibility at the time of booking. Offer is not valid in combination with any other offers found outside Discover Deals or Cruise and Vacation Desk.

Space is limited.

See website, found at www.cruiseandvacationdesk.com/discover, for complete terms. Promotional reward will be applied within 10 weeks of your completed travel.

Restrictions in BOLD BLACK and RED

We have used this multiple times. In fact, Cruise and Vacation Desk has become our travel agents for all cruises. They usually offer at least a 5% discount on NCL, Royal, etc. and that gets raised to 10% at least once a year - in my experience anyway. The agents there are very professional and very helpful and I would only give them the highest marks.

I recently checked their cruise prices for two different cruises against two other agencies online. One of the other agencies was ridiculously higher and the other was basically in line if you take any Discover discounts into account. Since I like the agent I usually deal with, I decided that a couple of dollars wasn't worth any pain that might come up with a different agency.

As another person wrote, though, the discount is only on the cruise fare. You have to use your Discover card to get the discount. By the way, they sometimes have OBC offers of their own which is always a nice perk.

I have used it twice but when it was 5%. You have to book a new cruise through their travel site which is just as good or even easier then booking through NCl directly and then it credits your bill a few weeks after the end of the cruise.