Ship leaves at 11:59pm. Tropicana?

Medtech2

We will be on the NCL Sun and in Havana from 10am to 11:59pm. We have booked a tour with Blexie for the day. Would we have time to see the Tropicana show? Would it be worth tiring ourselves out that much or should we wait to come back hopefully another time.

When in Spain I went to see a Flamenco show but it was so darn crowded and we were seated at such an angle we could not see the dancers’ feet, which was the whole point, so the excursion turned out to be disappointing...

Hopefully NCL will post Cuba excursions soon. That will give us an idea of what we can and can't do that night.

We're thinking of doing a show but only if NCL offers one. This is one of those times when I'd need the security of knowing the ship would wait for me.

We will be on the NCL Sun and in Havana from 10am to 11:59pm. We have booked a tour with Blexie for the day. Would we have time to see the Tropicana show? Would it be worth tiring ourselves out that much or should we wait to come back hopefully another time.

When in Spain I went to see a Flamenco show but it was so darn crowded and we were seated at such an angle we could not see the dancers’ feet, which was the whole point, so the excursion turned out to be disappointing...

Given the hours of your stop in in Havana, if the Tropicana is doable, it will be offered through the cruiseline, as it is a big tourist draw (and you could also reserve independently). (Just FYI, many people we talked to were less than impressed with the Tropicana show. "Touristy" & "unimpressed" were some of the terms used.

• 2 weeks later...

Humm. NCL does offer a Tropicana excursion. HOWEVER, it's a 3 hour tour that starts at 8 pm so would end at the ship at 11 pm. From all I've read, the show starts at 10 pm and lasts 2 hours, which would be midnight — the same time our ship sails!

Has anyone cruised with their ship scheduled to leave Havana at midnight?

Humm. NCL does offer a Tropicana excursion. HOWEVER, it's a 3 hour tour that starts at 8 pm so would end at the ship at 11 pm. From all I've read, the show starts at 10 pm and lasts 2 hours, which would be midnight — the same time our ship sails!

Has anyone cruised with their ship scheduled to leave Havana at midnight?

11:59pm may just be the time they list in their itinerary. If the ship were to leave at 1:00am they would then have to add another line and date to their itinerary. Maybe you could get NCL to clarify the departure time if not I would just book it with NCL whatever the cost as we would most likely not be going back there. I really don't care what others say about the Tropicana show I still want to go and make my own opinion.

I would not risk it TBH.. the show starts at 10pm and ends at 12... even if you cut short the show by 1 hour, it takes about 20-30 minutes to go back. and you would still need to go through inspections and all that.