How to update your Meet & Mingle Party Registration with Your Cabin Number Etc

LauraS

• Administrators

Please visit this link, you will need to be logged in to complete the registration form. If you aren't logged in, you should be prompted do do so:

Update your Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Party Registration Info

We are asking for this information so that Carnival can deliver an invitation directly to your stateroom with the day, time and location of the Meet & Mingle party.

If you receive an email from Cruise Critic saying that the registration minimum has been met, THERE WILL BE A PARTY ON YOUR SAILING.

However, in order for you to receive an invite, please make sure your registration is updated!!! This is especially true for those of you who registered when we first announced.

• 5 months later...

I won't waste my time any more. Last 3 cruises there was supposed to be a M&M and Carnival ignored it. Asked at the service desk and they knew nothing about it. All 3 cruises and yes I did get an E-Mail telling me the 25 members had been met and there would be a M&M on the cruise. To bad a nice idea gone bad. Good luck to all.

• Like 1

They did have a meet and mingle on our 11/25/16 Magic sailing. Here's the thing. The people signing up aren't showing up. I think its a bust. People have good intentions, but unless it takes place on the first day of the cruise, people get busy with the activities on the cruise ship and don't have the time or interest in it.

I'm surprised anyone is even bothering anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
They did have a meet and mingle on our 11/25/16 Magic sailing. Here's the thing. The people signing up aren't showing up. I think its a bust. People have good intentions, but unless it takes place on the first day of the cruise, people get busy with the activities on the cruise ship and don't have the time or interest in it.

On which day did they have the party??

• 3 weeks later...
Please visit this link, you will need to be logged in to complete the registration form. If you aren't logged in, you should be prompted do do so:

We are asking for this information so that Carnival can deliver an invitation directly to your stateroom with the day, time and location of the Meet & Mingle party.

If you receive an email from Cruise Critic saying that the registration minimum has been met, THERE WILL BE A PARTY ON YOUR SAILING.

However, in order for you to receive an invite, please make sure your registration is updated!!! This is especially true for those of you who registered when we first announced.

Thank you for the information. Hope this one works out.

Robert Aiken

• 2 weeks later...
I hope we get enough to have a mix and mingle event
Hi, what is mix and mingle and how do I find out about it? We are going on a Hawaii cruise Dec. 2 on miracle.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried updating cabin # - I have already 'registered' - but pull down menu seems to only have ONE SAIL date option to choose (08/18/18) - which is not very helpful? not sure how to update my information :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Dottie & Howard Caplan here. We live in Baltimore and will be joining will be on the Pride Jan 7. We have been on the Pride a lot and love going out of Baltimore and are Platinum members. . Laura we sent you 3 e-mails concerning the Meet & Mingle on the Pride Jan 7. We receive no response. Time is getting short. We have tried to sign up. However the Jan 7 Pride out of Baltimore is not listed Others on our Roll Call have the same problem

They think that maybe there is glitch in the system. We have been on the Pride many times and are We have been Cruise Critic members for a long. Our screen name is dothow. We will be celebrating our 45th anniversary and my 67th Birthday. We would love to be included in the Meet and Mingle. I do not see the date listed when you look at the dates for the Meet and Mingle Could you please add the two of us to the list. Our room number is 7203,

Thank you

Dottie & Howard

• 2 weeks later...

This is EXACTLY why I don't go if it is on the sailaway day. Many have been traveling all day and are tired, want to unpack their luggage, make or change dinner reservations, explore the ship, go to muster, and just plain relax away from scheduled activities and be up top for sailaway.

• 1 month later...

If you don't intend to go to the meet and greet than don't sign up for it. We got a letter from Carnival that ours would be the first sea day at 9:00 in the piano lounge. Now I know that at least 25 people had to sign up or they wouldn't have arranged for the room and the nice spread of danish, cookies, juices and coffee and tea. But only two of us were there so no complaining if and when they stop offering this event.

I was asked to evaluate/respond to our Cruise Critic M & M onboard the Carnival Vista 01/13/18 cruise in an email. I did respond and wish I had gotten a reply to my response in my email.

Here is the hot topic. We did have our M & M the first sea day at 9 AM in the Piano Lounge. I did get an invitation in my mailbox the first night of our cruise. Not everyone did.

Before we got on the ship, I had read from a previous passenger when they had their M & M. At our informal get together right after the Muster Drill......I had forewarned everyone that attended that it might certainly be held the next morning. I told them to double check that evening in their FUN TIMES for it. It was published in the Fun Times.

The problem was that some people did not update their cabin numbers if they changed rooms. Some people did not get their invites and some people did not get their FUN TIMES the night prior. I also think some people just never read their Times when they were told to please check for the announcement over and over again on the Roll Call.

We still had about 35 people attend and Carnival had a lovely spread of refreshments and treats. I personally was disappointed that no officers came to address the group. I don't know if this is typical with Carnival Cruise Critic M & M. I was also on the FB group and in order to have a cohesive group I suggested we all register with Cruise Critic. Now the person that was in charge of that FB group told our group that she will never do a Cruise Critic party again. She said that she always gets a date and room assignment ahead of the cruise for the FB group and everyone knows about it ahead of time prior to the sailing.

The last 2 M & M I attended on NCL we had several officers that spoke to us. Is this because on Carnival the Cruise Critic members are not as valued as much. It seems the FB group gets better recognition from Carnival.

Just thought our members should know what they are up against.

I was asked to evaluate/respond to our Cruise Critic M & M onboard the Carnival Vista 01/13/18 cruise in an email. I did respond and wish I had gotten a reply to my response in my email.

Here is the hot topic. We did have our M & M the first sea day at 9 AM in the Piano Lounge. I did get an invitation in my mailbox the first night of our cruise. Not everyone did.

Before we got on the ship, I had read from a previous passenger when they had their M & M. At our informal get together right after the Muster Drill......I had forewarned everyone that attended that it might certainly be held the next morning. I told them to double check that evening in their FUN TIMES for it. It was published in the Fun Times.

The problem was that some people did not update their cabin numbers if they changed rooms. Some people did not get their invites and some people did not get their FUN TIMES the night prior. I also think some people just never read their Times when they were told to please check for the announcement over and over again on the Roll Call.

We still had about 35 people attend and Carnival had a lovely spread of refreshments and treats. I personally was disappointed that no officers came to address the group. I don't know if this is typical with Carnival Cruise Critic M & M. I was also on the FB group and in order to have a cohesive group I suggested we all register with Cruise Critic. Now the person that was in charge of that FB group told our group that she will never do a Cruise Critic party again. She said that she always gets a date and room assignment ahead of the cruise for the FB group and everyone knows about it ahead of time prior to the sailing.

The last 2 M & M I attended on NCL we had several officers that spoke to us. Is this because on Carnival the Cruise Critic members are not as valued as much. It seems the FB group gets better recognition from Carnival.

Just thought our members should know what they are up against.

NCL always has several officers attend the meet and greet. Some speak or answer questions. Sometimes they mingle a bit and leave. I just got off NCL Spirit Canary Is cruise. Nice turn out of officers.

Carnival usually has the cruise director pop in but not always. That's about it.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to comment on the Carnival M&G that was arranged for the Dream sailing March 11. They set it up for our first sea day. Not only was it posted in the Fun Ship times but we also received a card reminder the night prior with the time & location for the M&G printed on it. The meeting was set for Mon, the 12th, at 3 pm in one of the conference rooms. We arrived (there was a sign in the hall stating that the Cruise Critic M&G was being held) about 2:55 pm (we being myself, my hubby, & daughter) and NO ONE was there! :( At 3 pm the CD Chris (Flying Scotsman) & his assistant arrived! It was a little embarrassing but he made it funny ("shouldn't have to meet & mingle with your family!" :p) We chatted about how these M&G's are being set up and no one is going. They had chairs set up and a long table with coffee, hot water & tea bags, juice, water, and a large tray of yummy choc chip cookies! We chatted about our cruising experiences, common CD friends, & got a selfie with them. They left about 3:15. Shortly after two other CC members arrived and we chatted for a little bit. We left around 3:40 - no one else showed & I felt so bad about the waste of food & drink.

Please inform people that they need to make an effort to attend these functions. If not, then they should not be surprised or complain when Carnival stops doing them. It's too much work for them just to avoid a few complainers on a blog site.

(I also made a comment on the roll call page.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1