2-15-18 Thursday Weigh-In..The Day After

Belle

Thanks Belle! That was a nice surprise.

I’m actually down 4 this week. I knew where I was going wrong over the last several weeks and finally had enough and fixed it.

It was great to hear from Jo and Belle last week. Of course our number one focus here is our health, but it’s followed a very close second by cruising. Always great to see checkins from sea!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Down 2 to 206, so no complaints. Been super focused all week, including Valentines Day. Had a bacon bloody mary and a cobb salad with no dressing - I figure 800 calories for dinner.

There's this wet stuff falling from the sky - it's confusing the natives, especially when driving and stuff. On the plus side, my new waterproof jacket for the upcoming camp trip works great, and the dog could care less. (I can't remember having a jacket this heavy before... :-)

Good luck all, see ya'!

6d19b195aa42c15d95311970eb708036.jpg

Hello,

Belle, so great of you to start the thread. Hope the cruise is great.

I lost 1 lb. I have 4 weeks until my cruise and really need to get down 5 more but would settle for just a couple.

Mke, great loss this week.

Shootr, you too, really good loss. Wish we would get some rain, none in about the past month. Not good.

Looking forward to know how others did.

Diana

Way to go Mike and shooter!! I am down 1.5 this week. Part of that I’m sure is because I ended up in the hospital because of a huge spike in blood pressure and couldn’t eat or drink before a nuclear stress test. Found out my heart is working fine so I just need to keep my blood pressure in line with diet, exercise and losing weight so this forum is the perfect place for me to be right now. I think it’s my body’s way of telling me to take better care of myself so that’s what I plan to do. Have a great week everyone and take care of yourselves!

Finally started dieting again. I must have gained 30 lbs. since mid Nov. but I'm too scared to weigh in. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Lose weight before a cruise then I don't stop eating when we get back and I gain back everything and more. :(

Cruznmeme, good on the loss. Scary about the hospital but glad you are ok.

Cruises42, it is really hard, firstly, to not go overboard eating-wise on a cruise, and secondly, getting back to routine when you get home. Wish I had a magic answer but sadly, no.

Keep at it and you'll get back on track.

Shootr, cool car, fun that you ran into it.......

Diana

Hey guys. Just checking in. Glad to hear of the successful weeks!

Cruises42, you will be among them next week as well, I’m sure! I wish you all the best.

shootr, thats definitely something you don’t see every day!

Mike

I am down another pound (or maybe a bit less). I'm going to WW this morning to weigh in on their scale but mine at home shows a loss. I don't lose very much but if I lose a smidgen every week I'll be back where I want to be soon enough. I leave for a week in Mexico in 3 weeks so I may not be able to lose the last 4 pounds but I'm going to give it a try. On another note, I'm on my 3rd week with no sweets! I have quite the sweet tooth so this is a major accomplishment for me. Have a lovely weekend.

Mike-Great loss! I don't think I've ever lost 4 pounds in a week.

Winewanderer-

Cruzemema- Your high BP sounds scary. Glad your heart is good though.

Cruises42- Getting back on track is the hard part. You can do this. Keep coming here and checking in.

Diana- 1 pounds down and a couple more weeks to get the rest off. It will be nice to be at the weight you want for your cruise.

Shootr- Nice that you had a loss. I live in Vancouver so a rain jacket like yours is a must have. Looking good though.

Belle- I missed your poem. Nice to have you back.

Happy Saturday everyone. Hit my mileage and calorie goal every day so far this week, got some cardio in (disguised as yard work) this morning, and am now out and about to stay clear of the kitchen.

3 weeks without sweets is awesome - that's my evening struggle too. I do take a Hershey bar, and eat 1/4 of it each night for a "fix", but read that chocolate (and beer - in moderation) has healthy benefits. (The cigar probably negates it, but we all have our faults)

642a77fb2f76e135d89afdf75905ddae.jpg

Hey guys. Yeah, ‘no sweets’ is awesome! I still haven’t axed sugar entirely, but definitely get a fraction of what I once did.

My 4lbs was due to some unusual issues. It’s rare and won’t likely happen again. Although first week home from a cruise is often pretty good. Probably because I’m sick of being on a seven day binge.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Mike

After my blood pressure scare I’ve started on the DASH diet which is a diet to lower blood pressure but a good side effect is losing weight. I wouldn’t call it diet but more like a life change. It’s a good all around, healthy diet that’s good for anyone to follow. We’ll see how my weigh in goes on Thursday.

Weekend's almost over and I nailed all my goals - stupid - but feels like a huge victory to know I didn't implode.

Walking the dog, working on the camper, watching the race on the patio - anything and everything to stay busy. Even my app is patting me on the back for a good week, lol.

I hope the rest of you all fought a good fight - sucks to have to keep doing it week after week, month after month - but for me I like to think it's worth it in the long run. I need my knee's, stamina, and everything else to last as long as I can!

For Christmas me and the missus did that 23andMe DNA testing, then ran the data through Promethease for a detailed health report. That stuff is amazing if it's accurate. Things like "You're 7X more at risk of male baldness" (no duh - but I'm holding out better than the rest of the family!), "higher odds of liver fat" (maxing out daily fiber intake to keep that addressed), "18 times risk of type-1 diabetes" (yeah, goodbye processed sugars for the past year), "higher ADHD risk" (yep - but at least I'm not oblivious of it, lol), etc.

Figure that's $80 well spent (oh, apparently I'm 99.9 Eastern/Northwestern European)

Belle, sounds like you're having a good time.

I think Jo is cruising too.

Westcoastgirl, any loss is always good.

Still plugging away at trying to lose more but with only 3 weeks before we leave for our trip I don't have high hopes. I feel so stuck.

On a good note I put some jeans on yesterday that are the same size as what I wear now but they are too big. On the other hand, with 6 weeks of traveling they might be good to pack for the end of the cruise.......

Nah, kidding, I don't plan on gaining more than 5 lbs. over that time period.

Have a good day.

Diana

I don't like when my clothes get loose... I LOVE IT! lol

Still sailing along on and toeing the line. That little camper has been a boon with keeping me occupied after work.

New red rubber trim, new name plate (lost the last one in a forest somewhere...) new organizers for the "closets", shorty cords and magnets for the phones overhead (cool-can lay there and watch a movie) - man I can't wait to get on the road!

Challenge this weekend will be a quickie 2 day business trip - and little control of what they'll feed us. Packing a big bag of jerky, cigars, and common sense - I believe it will be enough. 685884fa8c0e56c3e6ad44b362674a44.jpgedc68f1b66f28ebb97ae04ad60d8174e.jpg9e83f4ab3a36a51abd850fa83a4b07f9.jpg

Shootr, great pics of the camper. Always tough when there are work events and you can't control the food.

I walked on the treadmill at the gym today, it said I burned 850 calories. I can only hope that's correct. Not feeling too positive about posting a loss tomorrow........

See you guys tomorrow.

Diana

It sounds like everyone hand a great weekend and a productive first few days of the week. My run partner has caught a bad cold so without her to get me going I've been quite the sloth this week. The weather hasn't helped much... we had a bit of snow! We have (?had) flower blooming in the garden and I went for a bike ride in shorts already this year, so the snow seems a bit out of left field. Tomorrow is weigh in. I hope the downward trend continues for me and everyone else.