Upcoming Alaska Fjords & Glaciers, Uncruise Wilderness Explorer

mmadhatter

We just made our final payment for our upcoming Alaska cruise aboard the Wilderness Explorer first week of May 2018. Flights booked, hotels booked. Countdown started. Have been on many Alaskan cruises with Royal Caribbean, but looking forward to this one since it’s all about nature and we will see things up close and personal. Will write a trip report if anyone is interested since Uncruise is not well represented on these boards.

We very much enjoyed our two Alaska cruises on the Safari Endeavor. Seeing nature up close and personal was exactly what we got. The thing I liked about UnCruise was that each day you could choose from a wide range of activities -- ashore for a short hike, ashore for a longer hike, kayak around the ship, longer kayak trip, ashore for "bushwhacking," or just sitting on the large skiff for a tour around coves, looking for bears & eagles. And all day open bar was nice too. They have rubber pants, tops, and boots in a range of sizes that you get in the morning and turn back in for rinsing at the end of the excursion. Very well organized! I agree, UnCruise appears to be a well-kept secret in the cruise industry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update on our Wilderness Explorer Trip later this week. Bags are out and packing is underway. We have been contacted a couple of times by Uncruise welcoming us, giving us updates on our ship, crew and captain. Provided an itinerary and outline of events. I have emailed them a few times and they have promptly responded, even once on a Sunday! We are leaving from Boston at 7 AM to Seattle with an 8 hour layover, then on to Juneau for a 930 PM arrival, night before cruise. More to come, I promise. 🚢🚢

I'm late to this thread and you're likely enjoying the cruise as I write this. I hope that you do write a trip report! We are booked with UnCruise on Safari Endeavor in August. I specifically signed up on this forum to look for a roll call or post from someone who will be on our sailing. No luck, so I started my own roll call. Please do tell us all about your trip and please include photos!

Just watched your boat come in on portfever.com Juneau. Hope you have a fantastic cruise and can't wait to read your review. Let me know if they have Alaska Amber on board. It's a pretty good beer. Hope the weather improves for you but hey, just enjoy.

Barb

We've done Alaska with Uncruise three times. Ketchikan to Juneau, Juneau to Sitka, and Seattle to Juneau via Ketchikan. All on Wilderness Discoverer. We prefer the outside entrance cabins (Pathfinder) because it's easy to duck back in for a different camera lens or a pair of gloves.

You can't beat being up close to nature like that.

The first time we were with UnCruise on the Safari Explorer we ran out of Alaskan Amber. We had stopped at Bartlett Cove on the way into Glacier Bay to explore the area. The crew borrowed a car from someone at the lodge and they drove to Gustavus and picked up a couple cases. Their customer service is exceptional.

My wife and I are doing NORTHERN PASSAGES & GLACIER BAY on the Wilderness Explorer. Flying from Omaha May 15 and doing two days in Juneau... would like to do half-day of fishing. Depart May 19 and debark at Sitka on May 26. Returning to the Flatlands on May 28. Fishing derby in Sitka Memorial Weekend. Our first cruise with Uncruise. Their customer service with planning is exceptional. YouTube has numerous videos. Looking forward to all the activities - wildlife, dining, open-bar, did I mention the Alaskan wild-life?? lol

We did Princes Cruise in 2017 - Fairbanks to Anchorage via bus and train; then ship thru inside passage to Vancouver. This wetted our appetite for more of Alaska but a closer encounter was needed... Un-cruise!!

We did Norwegian Cruise of Hawaiian Islands last year...

Both cruises were fine but too many people and time constraints... Un-Cruise ?to the rescue?? I hope!!

Until later: smooth sailing to all,,,, Bill and Lu, Norfolk, Nebraska

• 2 weeks later...
Just an update on our Wilderness Explorer Trip later this week. Bags are out and packing is underway. We have been contacted a couple of times by Uncruise welcoming us, giving us updates on our ship, crew and captain. Provided an itinerary and outline of events. I have emailed them a few times and they have promptly responded, even once on a Sunday! We are leaving from Boston at 7 AM to Seattle with an 8 hour layover, then on to Juneau for a 930 PM arrival, night before cruise. More to come, I promise. 🚢🚢

Looking forward to your report, as we are booked on the same cruise June 22, after a 2 week land tour of Alaska with g-adventures. Hope you are having a fabulous time!

Here is the link to our UnCruise Review. Hopefully it works.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=619348

I also have a detailed “Daily” journal of our cruise located on a Travel Diaries web page. If interested, send me your email and I will send you the link. (Not sure how to do it here yet). My email address is at end of review.