Carnival Sunshine Dry Dock 2018

brwngyal124

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I was on the Sunshine in October 2017 and was told the dry dock for October 2018 would contain adding a Seafood Shack. I asked the captain specifically about a Seafood Shack as I loved it on the Vista and his reply was “Exactly one year from today we’ll be in dry dock and we’ll be adding the Seafood Shack!” Hope this helps! :hearteyes:

So I know Sunshine is having a dry dock in Oct of this year. I was just wondering if anyone knows whats being done to her ? I'm booked in December and just wanting to know if there are going to be any major changes.

Thanks!

I was on the Sunshine in October 2017 and was told the dry dock for October 2018 would contain adding a Seafood Shack. I asked the captain specifically about a Seafood Shack as I loved it on the Vista and his reply was “Exactly one year from today we’ll be in dry dock and we’ll be adding the Seafood Shack!” Hope this helps! clear.png?emoji-hearteyes-1689

We are on the same cruise next year!

We are also on the February 15 Sunshine sailing. We sailed on the Sunshine in May, 2017 and loved the ship, especially the Serenity deck! Can't wait for next February, especially with it only a couple months removed from being in dry dock.

Following too, can't imagine where they would put another eatery, that ship is over packed as it its. I hope they change the mattresses, they where bad. we have some friends going next March but I'm really on the fence about it.

While I love the idea of Sunshine getting a seafood shack (love that it already has so many food options, we are "foodies" so when it comes to Carnival, Sunshine is our ship!) I am concerned about where they are going to put it, and is something else being removed?

While I love the idea of Sunshine getting a seafood shack (love that it already has so many food options, we are "foodies" so when it comes to Carnival, Sunshine is our ship!) I am concerned about where they are going to put it, and is something else being removed?

That's what I am worried about as well.

We are also on the February 15 Sunshine sailing. We sailed on the Sunshine in May, 2017 and loved the ship, especially the Serenity deck! Can't wait for next February, especially with it only a couple months removed from being in dry dock.

I have a roll call started for this cruise if either of you are interested on chatting on there!

The deck plan indicates a blank space behind Guy’s Burger Joint on Deck 9 Starboard. If that space isn’t tied up for back-of-house operations (or if those things can be relocated) that’s probably where it will go. I don’t recall seeing anything in that area when I was onboard last year.

I would also be curious if the Photo Gallery will be updated, because that could clear up space on Deck 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I sure hope they replace those very uncomfortable mattresses in the cabins. We always looked forward to sleeping comfortably and soundly as we have in the past on Carnival ships. But that wasn't the case on our April 6th Sunshine cruise. Neither my wife or I was able to get a good night's sleep during this cruise. The sheets were way too big for the twin-sized mattress and the comforter was way too heavy.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Sunshine last Sunday and there were hints of sewage while walking around some parts of the ship, but nothing dramatic. Our bathroom progressively smelled more-and-more like urine throughout the week. And on the last two days, an apparent water pressure issue left flushing to be a mere suggestion. However this was my first cruise and I really didn't know what to expect. Maybe I was too laid back about it, but it was vacation.

Something that does require attention in dry dock is her stabilizers. In a forum on a different site, a cruiser reported that months ago during a very harsh ride, the captain told him that they were experiencing stabilizer malfunctions. And during our entire 8 day cruise, regardless of wind speed, wind direction, or waves (usually smooth to slight, sometimes moderate) she was rocking constantly. My wife and I asked quite a few experienced cruisers if the ship motion was considered normal and ALL of them, at least 30 people (most platinum), said that it was the worst they had ever felt.

Hopefully while in dry dock they can get rid of that arrogant sales guy who sells watches. His stupid hat and fake accent did NOT make me want to buy a watch.

• Like 1

So I know Sunshine is having a dry dock in Oct of this year. I was just wondering if anyone knows whats being done to her ? I'm booked in December and just wanting to know if there are going to be any major changes.

Thanks!

Booked for Dec. also.......Wondering what kind of changes. (Dec.1-9)