Iceland excursions

liberty64

Hi, we are going on the Balmoral in August and am wondering if anyone has done a cruise to Iceland with Fred. I am curious to find out what excursions are available.. if anyone has a list of what is offered from previous itineraries??

Thanks

By far the best tour is called the Golden Circle which takes you to the Thingvellir National Park, the Geysir Geothermal area and the Gullfoss waterfall. Other tours include the Blue Lagoon and the power station.

I suggest you book a tour wityh Fab(free as a bird)travel - Google it!. I have no connection with this company other than being a very satisfied customer. We also had a great tour with the same company from Akureyri, if your itinerary includes a stop there.

We are going in June,just had the tour booklet sent ,usually two months before your cruise,we have four "stops" and there are a lot of choice's at each one ,to many to put here sorry,but nobody can book before the "booklet time" so you should be ok to do what you want.

In 2016 we had a two day stop in Reykjavik so I rented a car from Blue Car Rental which picked me up at the port. I drove south to the Dyrholeay cliffs and then slowly visited sights back up to Selfoss area. Here I stayed the night at Eldestar Hotel, one of the Icelandic horse farms to watch their show. The next morning I was up at dawn and drove the Golden Circle counter clock wise from there. It was fantastic as when I got to the Gullfoss Falls I was the only one there! By the time I got around to the sights on the other side of the circle route, the tour buses were just beginning to arrive. So yes, I missed out on the commentary from a guide, but the chance to experience nature in the quiet, for the most part, was so worth it. I returned my car to Blue Car, which is downtown, at lunch time and then walked around central Reykjavik before heading back to the ship.