Le Petit Chef vs Qsine

johhnnyt

Celebrity Reflection April 13th voyage TA

Qsine is now Le Petit Chef and we tried it twice.....and LOVED IT both times we tried it.

What is is and how is different?

The restaurant darkens, then your dining table and your dinner plate become the stage for @celebritycruises “Le Petit Chef”. He’s a quirky chef that’s determined to hunt down and deliver your meal. Five courses, each seemingly prepared before your eyes by the driven little guy and his wit and resources. In between each 2 or 3 minute show, the room brightens and his proud wait staff has your next course tableside to eat. Excellent concept and execution, and don’t let the fun and performance fool you, the food was terrific, original, and flavorful #LePetitChef #celebrityreflection #FiveCourseFun #CulinaryMunchkin #PocketGourmet #foodiefest #dinnerdelight

What I really liked about it? It's fun and actually enhances the experience rather than delays you getting your food. The "show" is done between courses. When normally you might be waiting for the next course, in this venue you're being entertained between courses. Also the audio of the show is low enough to allow the guests to still talk about the nuances of the show and point out the tiny details to each other that might of missed.

Is it better than Qsine? In my opinion yes. For me Qsine was fun once or twice, but always annoyed me that you used Ipads then the waiter would take your REAL order on a pad of paper. With Le Petit Chef they add new menus and variables to the show, and customize each experience

Will it sell? Who knows, a good portion of Celebrity passengers are resistant to any changes (I still remember people complaining about the introduction of the Solstice class), but I think a good portion also like to see fresh ideas tried

I&DEb8=Om1.jpgIqxw2NzNQ0.jpgEugQLPmSk~.jpgtOwoC~Bdlb.jpgD7vj~de63Z.jpg

hYU&VtQuIC.jpg

Edited by johhnnyt

jt - looks great, happy to hear and know it was enjoyable... in fact so much so that you did it twice!

Quick question, which you may not be able to answer, do you know if they can/will cater to vegan/vegetarian foods, if asked in advance??

Thank you again for the review and bon voyage

jt - looks great, happy to hear and know it was enjoyable... in fact so much so that you did it twice!

Quick question, which you may not be able to answer, do you know if they can/will cater to vegan/vegetarian foods, if asked in advance??

Hi Bo,

Good question. I assume they will. I think at this point they are just beta testing the concept. From my understanding this was only the second full cruise they tried it on. So I think once they get the mechanics of it down pat, they can easily add on extra menus, and adapt to anything. To me the beauty of it is that it's a clean palette, and they can make it any theme or design, just by changing the show elements and menu.

I really enjoyed the 3D visual mapping of the meal and learning from Le Petit Chef what ingredients went into each course. Like I said, I'm sure some people will complain "its just a movie" (usually without trying it), but thought it was well done.

Hi Bo,

Good question. I assume they will. I think at this point they are just beta testing the concept. From my understanding this was only the second full cruise they tried it on. So I think once they get the mechanics of it down pat, they can easily add on extra menus, and adapt to anything. To me the beauty of it is that it's a clean palette, and they can make it any theme or design, just by changing the show elements and menu.

I really enjoyed the 3D visual mapping of the meal and learning from Le Petit Chef what ingredients went into each course. Like I said, I'm sure some people will complain "its just a movie" (usually without trying it), but thought it was well done.

j - I can appreciate it, very much as I rather enjoy innovative and interactive and new then decide if it works for me or not...

Thank you again for your perspective...

bon voyage

We experienced it on Reflection March/April. Thoroughly enjoyed! A long time since I have giggled through a meal service....

We chatted to the hotel manager and others post experience. They are committed to ensuring all, regardless of food preference/medical need, can enjoy but make it clear that if you choose an alternative option then the’Le petit chef’ story will not match your plate....

So suggestion is book and chat with the M’D and I am sure they will sort your food but when Le petit chef goes chasing the lobster don’t expect him to be chasing an aubergine for you!

Hoping that it is available on our November cruise on Reflection and that the price is included in the benefits of a Royal Suite. If not, we would still probably do it.

It was included in our RS package...great fun!

It was included in our RS package...great fun!

Thanks, we are looking forward to it. It's a milestone birthday cruise for me, still waiting for the one and only Penthouse Suite on Reflection to become available. If it does, who knows :D:D:D:D:D:evilsmile:

Celebrity Reflection April 13th voyage TA

Qsine is now Le Petit Chef and we tried it twice.....and LOVED IT both times we tried it.

What is is and how is different?

The restaurant darkens, then your dining table and your dinner plate become the stage for @celebritycruises “Le Petit Chef”. He’s a quirky chef that’s determined to hunt down and deliver your meal. Five courses, each seemingly prepared before your eyes by the driven little guy and his wit and resources. In between each 2 or 3 minute show, the room brightens and his proud wait staff has your next course tableside to eat. Excellent concept and execution, and don’t let the fun and performance fool you, the food was terrific, original, and flavorful #LePetitChef #celebrityreflection #FiveCourseFun #CulinaryMunchkin #PocketGourmet #foodiefest #dinnerdelight

What I really liked about it? It's fun and actually enhances the experience rather than delays you getting your food. The "show" is done between courses. When normally you might be waiting for the next course, in this venue you're being entertained between courses. Also the audio of the show is low enough to allow the guests to still talk about the nuances of the show and point out the tiny details to each other that might of missed.

Is it better than Qsine? In my opinion yes. For me Qsine was fun once or twice, but always annoyed me that you used Ipads then the waiter would take your REAL order on a pad of paper. With Le Petit Chef they add new menus and variables to the show, and customize each experience

Will it sell? Who knows, a good portion of Celebrity passengers are resistant to any changes (I still remember people complaining about the introduction of the Solstice class), but I think a good portion also like to see fresh ideas tried

I&DEb8=Om1.jpgIqxw2NzNQ0.jpgEugQLPmSk~.jpgtOwoC~Bdlb.jpgD7vj~de63Z.jpg

hYU&VtQuIC.jpg

Hope it’s on our Med cruise in Sep on Silhouette. Is everyone seated on a long table all together or are there tables of like 2/4 etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It looks gimmicky to me. Surf and turf with creme brulee and vanilla ice cream is not particularly adventurous or new. I think the variety at Qsine is interesting, so I'd like to see how this evolves and whether it's worth the added premium over all of the other specialty restaurants.

It looks gimmicky to me. Surf and turf with creme brulee and vanilla ice cream is not particularly adventurous or new. I think the variety at Qsine is interesting, so I'd like to see how this evolves and whether it's worth the added premium over all of the other specialty restaurants.

We love Qsine too. Hoping on our 14 night med cruise coming up that we can experience this new concept but also Qsine too

The new idea sounds interesting. The new price certainly does not, presuming that is accurate! I guess pretty soon I will not be visiting specialty restaurants anymore - the pricing is getting ridiculous, particularly when you consider that you are already paying for a nice dinner as a part of your regular cruise ship price.

We experienced it on Reflection March/April. Thoroughly enjoyed! A long time since I have giggled through a meal service....

We chatted to the hotel manager and others post experience. They are committed to ensuring all, regardless of food preference/medical need, can enjoy but make it clear that if you choose an alternative option then the’Le petit chef’ story will not match your plate....

So suggestion is book and chat with the M’D and I am sure they will sort your food but when Le petit chef goes chasing the lobster don’t expect him to be chasing an aubergine for you!

C - thank you!

I will be right there for sure, making the request right after I pay , of course....

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

We did this on our Reflection cruise April 2. We really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun and the food was very good. We have done qsine many times and were really tired of it. I found that qsine food came out with the foo foo food first and then when the good food came out we were too full to eat it. This was something different and we enjoyed it. Will we tire of this also, more than likely but it is nice to try something different. We giggled through the whole dinner.

Pat

Hope it’s on our Med cruise in Sep on Silhouette. Is everyone seated on a long table all together or are there tables of like 2/4 etc?

Tables of all sizes. They are very specifically positioned though as is your dinner plate!

We love Qsine too. Hoping on our 14 night med cruise coming up that we can experience this new concept but also Qsine too

The plan on Reflection was to be Q’sine most nights with Le Petit Chef on Chic evenings.

The new idea sounds interesting. The new price certainly does not, presuming that is accurate! I guess pretty soon I will not be visiting specialty restaurants anymore - the pricing is getting ridiculous, particularly when you consider that you are already paying for a nice dinner as a part of your regular cruise ship price.

Like all ‘new’ things I am sure the price will be negotiable once the initial novelty wears off.

We did feel it is rare to get good food and a good laugh at the same time!

Qsine, for us was a one and done. We've not been even tempted to revisit it on any ship. Our last cruise on Reflection in December saw Qsine close to empty nightly and the staff was offering deep discounts without too many passengers taking advantage of them. Considering the nice location of the restaurant this might be a new dining option to those who are looking for something different and a more profitable use of space for Celebrity. Were there tables for 2 or 4 available? Sorry if I missed that answer. I think the price suggested ($55) is a bit too high. When DH and I dine in a specialty restaurant, we tend to prefer an atmosphere more like Murano, but with extra OBC to burn, we might be tempted to try something new...at least once.;p

Qsine, for us was a one and done. We've not been even tempted to revisit it on any ship. Our last cruise on Reflection in December saw Qsine close to empty nightly and the staff was offering deep discounts without too many passengers taking advantage of them. Considering the nice location of the restaurant this might be a new dining option to those who are looking for something different and a more profitable use of space for Celebrity. Were there tables for 2 or 4 available? Sorry if I missed that answer. I think the price suggested ($55) is a bit too high. When DH and I dine in a specialty restaurant, we tend to prefer an atmosphere more like Murano, but with extra OBC to burn, we might be tempted to try something new...at least once.;p

There are tables for two and four as well as some larger tables.

The atmosphere is nothing like Murano’s which remains our favourite dining venue. We did really enjoy Le Petit Chef’ though! The food was tasty and the presentation exceeded our expectations.

There are tables for two and four as well as some larger tables.

The atmosphere is nothing like Murano’s which remains our favourite dining venue. We did really enjoy Le Petit Chef’ though! The food was tasty and the presentation exceeded our expectations.

Thanks.:)

We do enjoy "regular" Qsine but I certainly would like to try this new concept. I think Celebrity needs to do more of this and change things up a bit for their specialty dining to keep it interesting for frequent cruisers. Easier to add enhanced menu's and experiences on certain nights, vs. changing the existing restaurants