Suggestions - First Time In Nassau

BlackCat9Lives

• 1 month later...

It depends on what your interests are and how much walking you want to do.

I did my own thing and walked to the Queen’s Staircase/Fort Fincastle. Then walked to Greycliff Chocolatiers and paid $25 for their tour of the factory which included a piece of chocolate and then 10% off my purchase in the gift shop/chocolate store.

I then went next door to the Greycliff cigar factory to pick up some goodies for my hubby that I left at home.

Next I walked to the John Waitling’s Rum distillery for their free tour. I didn’t do their rum tasting as I am a cheap drunk and was walking everywhere solo. But I did pick up a bottle of rum for the hubby who LOVED.

Lastly, I returned to the shop with after walking through the Straw Market

All told, I was out and about for roughly 4.5 hours.

My “excursion” was just $25 for the chocolate tour plus spending money on some chocolate, rum, cigars, and some cheap trinkets.

We did the Rum Runner's passge tour. We booked through Islandz Tours.

We had a great time. (There was a lot of rum!)

We started out with 5 shots of different rums and we learned about each rum we sampled as well as a lot of history of the Bahamas. We left with a Bahama Mama drink and headed to an art gallery where we had some rum cake and conch fritters.

Next stop was Greycliff and we got a tour of the property and some chocolate samples infused with rum.

After that was John Watlings Distillery and more rum!

It was a fun tour and we learned a lot on our walk between stops.

• 3 weeks later...

Was the walk doable for someone with a cane?

We did the Rum Runner's passge tour. We booked through Islandz Tours.

We had a great time. (There was a lot of rum!)

We started out with 5 shots of different rums and we learned about each rum we sampled as well as a lot of history of the Bahamas. We left with a Bahama Mama drink and headed to an art gallery where we had some rum cake and conch fritters.

Next stop was Greycliff and we got a tour of the property and some chocolate samples infused with rum.

After that was John Watlings Distillery and more rum!

It was a fun tour and we learned a lot on our walk between stops.

Was the walk doable for someone with a cane?

Hi - we had a small group and there was an older gentleman with a cane. He did fine. There is a little uphill walking involved at one point but the groups are small and the guides are really good at keeping things at an easy pace. Plus there are a lot of stops to take a break.

It depends on what your interests are and how much walking you want to do.

I did my own thing and walked to the Queen’s Staircase/Fort Fincastle. Then walked to Greycliff Chocolatiers and paid $25 for their tour of the factory which included a piece of chocolate and then 10% off my purchase in the gift shop/chocolate store.

I then went next door to the Greycliff cigar factory to pick up some goodies for my hubby that I left at home.

Next I walked to the John Waitling’s Rum distillery for their free tour. I didn’t do their rum tasting as I am a cheap drunk and was walking everywhere solo. But I did pick up a bottle of rum for the hubby who LOVED.

Lastly, I returned to the shop with after walking through the Straw Market

All told, I was out and about for roughly 4.5 hours.

My “excursion” was just $25 for the chocolate tour plus spending money on some chocolate, rum, cigars, and some cheap trinkets.

How long are the walks to each place, are they fairly close to each other?

If someone wants to explore Nassau, by far the best way is a private tour. It's not expensive. I personally recommend Cheryl Bahamas Taxi and Tours but you can check Trip Advisor for other comparable options. You will see SO much more than a walking tour and have a guide.

I use a cane and was able to walk all around the island but after we ate lunch at The Fish Fry we took a cab back to the ship because I was beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You definitely didn't walk all around the island, lol. Do you know how big Nassau is? But getting to the fish fry is a pretty good walk with a cane.

It depends on what your interests are and how much walking you want to do. My “excursion” was just $25 for the chocolate tour plus spending money on some chocolate, rum, cigars, and some cheap trinkets.

Thank you for posting, we are looking at a very similar plan. Did John Waitling’s have smaller bottles or gift sets so I don't have to figure out how to get four bottles in our suitcases please?