Bremen Transfers / Shuttles in General

Below is an extract from Fred’s FAQs. Is it my imagination or has this changed. Did they not used to always provide a shuttle if the port was x miles or more away?

More specifically does anyone have a clue as to what they do at Bremen. While they sell it as in the middle of the town, it’s not as. Found out on a previous thread here after booking. I have read several recent reviews and each one has said something different about the transport arrangements.

1, Some had no help at allnd had to get the local tram completely DIY.

2. Others got a shuttle to the tram stop and assistance with the ticketing process.

3. There was also a report of a port to city shuttle bus (which would be the normal practice)

“When your ship is berthed some distance from the centre of your destination, a convenient shuttle bus service is often provided to save you money on taxi fares. All day tickets (for which a small charge applies) can be bought from Guest Services. However, for those guests who are booked on a Freedom Fare offer, this charge is included.

Shuttle buses do not operate in ports where it is easier/more economical for guests to use independent transport, or when we are prohibited from running a service, e.g. the Caribbean.”

I was in Bremen in April on board the "Boudicca". We stayed overnight in Bremen. On arrival I took the free shuttle bus for a brief visit to the very attractive city. I know I get free shuttles as am in Oceans Diamond Elite but I am sure that nobody had to pay.

These Northern German cities are amazing. After being virtually obliterated in WW2 they have been restored brilliantly. They are also very clean.

There was no shuttle service for us last June. We had to walk to the tram stop and catch the tram into the city. I think if you are going to Bremen, you have to be prepared for either option. It seems to vary. Getting the tram wasn’t difficult, but would have been more awkward for those with mobility difficulties.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in Bremen on board Balmoral in April this year and we had to pay £10 per person for the shuttle bus ride which drops you off at the Raddison Hotel in the centre of Bremen.

The bus takes about 10 minutes to get there, alternatively a few people opted for the tram which is situated at the port and is slightly cheaper

We were in Bremen on board Balmoral in April this year and we had to pay £10 per person for the shuttle bus ride which drops you off at the Raddison Hotel in the centre of Bremen.

The bus takes about 10 minutes to get there, alternatively a few people opted for the tram which is situated at the port and is slightly cheaper

That’s helpful to know thanks.

It seems like it’s a hit or a miss but if two recent cruises have provided a shuttle then here is hoping they do it for us.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add o the previous information Fred provided a very regular shuttle service from the port right to the very centre of Bremen. Free for freedom and £10 for anchor.

Every 20 to 30 minutes so very short wait.

Just to add o the previous information Fred provided a very regular shuttle service from the port right to the very centre of Bremen. Free for freedom and £10 for anchor.

Every 20 to 30 minutes so very short wait.

Looks like they are now providing a shuttle in Bremen, which is good news. Obviously realised expecting people to use the tram wasn’t a great idea!

Sent from my iPad using Forums