Flying into Newark for Cape Liberty departure

Hi

Need some help and suggestions please.

We will most likely be flying into Newark (from the UK) the day before the cruise departs so need a hotel for the night and transportation to the cruise terminal the next day.

We are maybe thinking of a hotel at the airport as we believe there isn’t much going on around the port and we think an Uber would be around $30 to the port.

Or we are happy to do a hotel near the port.

Open to ideas....

Thanks

Rich

Hi

Need some help and suggestions please.

We will most likely be flying into Newark (from the UK) the day before the cruise departs so need a hotel for the night and transportation to the cruise terminal the next day.

We are maybe thinking of a hotel at the airport as we believe there isn’t much going on around the port and we think an Uber would be around $30 to the port.

Or we are happy to do a hotel near the port.

Open to ideas....

Thanks

Rich

What is your ship,and cruise date? Two people? Hotel and transportation budget? Bed size requirements?

No hotels within 8 miles of the port.

The best deal is through trinityreservations.com - $193 tax included at the Ramada Plaza for 2 people with round trip port transportation.

Edited by 138east

What is your ship,and cruise date? Two people? Hotel and transportation budget? Bed size requirements?

No hotels within 8 miles of the port.

The best deal is through trinityreservations.com - $193 tax included at the Ramada Plaza for 2 people with round trip port transportation.

Thanks

It’s May 30th on Anthem. 2 adults no real preference on room or bed type - it’s nothing more than a bed for the night rather than risking flying in the same day as embarkation.

At the end of the cruise we have a night in Times Sq so wouldn’t need return transport to the Ramada

Thanks

It’s May 30th on Anthem. 2 adults no real preference on room or bed type - it’s nothing more than a bed for the night rather than risking flying in the same day as embarkation.

At the end of the cruise we have a night in Times Sq so wouldn’t need return transport to the Ramada

It's a weekday night, so hotel prices are higher. Hotels quote a base price and then add on the 15-20% tax. It could cost you $50-70 to arrange private transportation to the port. Trinityreservations.com is still a good deal even if you don't use the return transportation. The hotel has a restaurant and a cafe.

If you can manage your luggage, you can return back to the P4 Airtrain station at EWR, take the Airtrain to the train station, take NJ Transit to New York Penn Station for $13/pp, and a cab to your hotel.

It's a weekday night, so hotel prices are higher. Hotels quote a base price and then add on the 15-20% tax. It could cost you $50-70 to arrange private transportation to the port. Trinityreservations.com is still a good deal even if you don't use the return transportation. The hotel has a restaurant and a cafe.

If you can manage your luggage, you can return back to the P4 Airtrain station at EWR, take the Airtrain to the train station, take NJ Transit to New York Penn Station for $13/pp, and a cab to your hotel.

Thanks. We’ve found a doubletree Hilton which is near the port so will take an Uber unless they have transportation

Thanks. We’ve found a doubletree Hilton which is near the port so will take an Uber unless they have transportation

That will work. The Doubletree is next door to the Ramada and is also a full service hotel, but no port transportation.

If you get a chance, could you report back on your experience at the Doubletree?

That will work. The Doubletree is next door to the Ramada and is also a full service hotel, but no port transportation.

If you get a chance, could you report back on your experience at the Doubletree?

It’s a building site! Seriously! It’s having a full makeover. Lots of dust lots of areas closed off. Breakfast set up temporarily in a function room. Pool drained and covered in dust.

Actual room was ok. Quite smart with lots of USB etc.

I think once it’s finished it will be a good hotel but at the moment there’s boarding up everywhere and workmen all over the hotel.

Cruise counsellor - how much was your Uber to the Port? we are on Anthem 20 Sept also from the UK and looking for hotel.

Did you get your two bottles of wine locally or in duty free at UK airport? or not bother. I gather there is no where locally near the port to get wine?

Is it easy to use Uber - its new to us so would have to download the app I guess.

Hope you have a great cruise on Anthem

Regards

Sue

Just in case you are flying BA back from EWR, be aware the check in desk does not open until 3.30, as all their flights are late afternoon/evening, so if you get there early you will have to sit around with your luggage until it opens.

Simon

Cruise counsellor - how much was your Uber to the Port? we are on Anthem 20 Sept also from the UK and looking for hotel.

Did you get your two bottles of wine locally or in duty free at UK airport? or not bother. I gather there is no where locally near the port to get wine?

Is it easy to use Uber - its new to us so would have to download the app I guess.

Regards

Sue

Uber was very cheap around $22 and no wait for one there were many in the area - if recommend getting it (or Lyft, same but a bit cheaper)

We took 3 cases between the 2 of us so purchased wine at home as we had spare luggage space/weight for it. There are no shops by the hotel but I did look at google maps in the hotel and less than 2 miles away there were stores to purchase wine which would be cheap to get to in an Uber

Just in case you are flying BA back from EWR, be aware the check in desk does not open until 3.30, as all their flights are late afternoon/evening, so if you get there early you will have to sit around with your luggage until it opens.

Simon

Thanks Simon rather than disembark early and hang around all day we have a night in Manhattan before flying back from JFK with a late hotel check out.

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

Sue

I am not the PP, but we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites near EWR, and the reviews on TripAdvisor indicate that they sell bottles of wine for $15. I am not sure of the brands or quality, but you don't have to travel to a liquor store.

I am not the PP, but we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites near EWR, and the reviews on TripAdvisor indicate that they sell bottles of wine for $15. I am not sure of the brands or quality, but you don't have to travel to a liquor store.

Thanks for your replies. I've booked us into the Ramada near the airport and will use Uber to get to port. Heathrow sells wine in departures so thinking will get there before leaving UK.

Thanks for your replies. I've booked us into the Ramada near the airport and will use Uber to get to port. Heathrow sells wine in departures so thinking will get there before leaving UK.

Did you consider the trinityreservations.com sleep/cruise at the Ramada for $193 tax included with round trip port shuttle?

Cruisecounsellor....have you taken your trip? If so, exactly what did you end up doing...where did you stay and how was the hotel. Also did you take the New England cruise??

Yes. Trip is over sadly. Details of the hotel are posted above.

It was the Bermuda and Puerto Rico cruise