solo travler

Ourblizzard

solo cabins tome are a waste too small bad design...cruise to st thomas on ncl solo 989.00....carnival inside cabin 996.00 wow 7 bucks more ..epic/sunshine....have a idea for solo cruising, cruise cost 500.00 and a single gets charged 1000.00............i say charge750.00 for single inside cabin only and no possible reduction by org. price going down and 5 day cruise or more ...hope tohere back

It all depends on the ship, the destination, the time of year, and the economy. Case in point: last January, I picked up a 5 day Miami-Cozumel-Miami "cruise to nowhere" at the end of the month for $249 for a solo interior room. No freebies- I paid for my own drinks at that price. I watched for fire sale cruises for the rest of 2017 to see how the pattern worked. I saw a ton of European cruises going for $350 for 7 nights for one person two weeks out. Problem is, you can't get cheap airfare at two weeks out. This summer, I tried to game the system and booked my flight for the week I could go and then planned to wait it out until the prices dropped. Guess what? They haven't dropped on any of the sailings this year- cheapest interior has been $1398, so I went ahead and booked a solo at more than I wanted to pay but still at a fair price. I'm sure after I travel, the $350 sailings will pop up LOL. Also, two weeks ago, there was a $399 solo price 7 day from Boston, a $599 solo price 7 day from New York, and the transatlantics are always dirt cheap.

But if you want to go on the fancy ship to Alaska? You're going to pay for that.

I cant make head or tail of the post! Are you asking a question or making a statement ?

Me either. Is the person contacting the cruiseline asking for a lower price and they are waiting to hear back from them? Or are they asking for advice on here?

I agree with "the price is what it is"...…...I doubt the cruiseline is going to negotiate pricing with the consumer.