Recent floods in St John

mom4mom

we are leaving Fri on the Adventure of the Seas. On our roll call someone mentioned that St John experienced record floods 2 weeks ago and that there was raw sewage there. Can anyone confirm the current condition of the port. Did you skip this port or stop there? We have a private excursion planned that I’m wondering whether it will still happen. I sent them a message but still haven’t heard back. Hoping we aren’t going to skip this port. It’s on my BIL’s bucket list. I appreciate any feedback.

Joan

I finally heard from my tour operator. This is what he said. "I am sorry you were worried - let me reassure you that there is no need to cancel anything - we did have flooding near the water but it has gone for the most part back to normal - we were not hit as hard as some of the other places - as a matter of fact I took some people on a tour last week - no problem - so not to worry "

For those that have been to Saint John, all the flooding was up-river from the Reversing Falls/Rapids. The visitors on the first 2-3 ships of the season didn’t get to see the Reversing Falls reverse as there was so much water coming downstream. However, everything is back to normal and the falls is Reversing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk