Question about moved posts

frantic36

I just noticed that crepe's queries about excursions in some ports of call have been moved. I don't understand why?

I do go to the ports of call for ideas about excursions but I also like to get ideas from Seabourn cruisers as these can be very interesting. I like to here about the out of the ordinary and this includes the more expensive options available.

I just remember when I started on CC in 2009 there were many great ideas over the years from fellow Seabourn travellers on this board. It also makes it easier when using the search function. I do hope this will not become the norm that any queries about ports is now moved to the ports of call area.

Julie

I also go to the Ports forum and search through those. But for specific excursions from a port, it is helpful using the SB forum. I like reading them even if the port is not on my current “must go there” list, as it may then make the list.

At times I have been lucky that I have seen some comments in the ports forum from SB cruisers and have been able to ask specific info.

Edit: better reading port info than the dreaded dress code threads.

I also go to the Ports forum and search through those. But for specific excursions from a port, it is helpful using the SB forum. I -----

-------

------Edit: better reading port info than the dreaded dress code threads.

Or nearly as painful, "why don't they open the Restaurant at 5pm" (so we can practise for the future nursing home:o)

An update to this query as I have had a reply from Laura at CC about this.

To keep the thread from being moved it depends on how the question is worded.

If the question is posed "I am travelling on Seabourn to X port and would like some suggestions" then the question stays here.

If the question is generic "Can I have some suggestions for X port" then the question is likely to be moved to the ports of call section.

So now we know, make sure to mention Seabourn when posing a question.:)

Julie

If the question is posed "I am travelling on Seabourn to X port and would like some suggestions" then the question stays here.

If the question is generic "Can I have some suggestions for X port" then the question is likely to be moved to the ports of call section.

Julie

That makes sense and is a fair policy. I have had one stay and one moved and now I see why. Thanks Julie.

Julie

Sorry, but that is silly. If someone wants to ask a question about an excursion on the SB board, it is because they are sailing on SB. Most importantly, it is to get answers from people who sail on SB. We all know where the Port boards are and can post there if we want to. We should not have to use "magic words" to get a question posted on the board that we want. Whoever is making the decision of moving them some place else has too much time on his or her hands. Officiousness is not efficiency.

Let's move those threads back where they belong. Here.

Edited by marazul

I am not sure how I feel about it. I think it is being a little too pedantic.

I was reading the threads that were moved because we have a Seabourn cruise next year that involves many of the ports, so I was finding them very helpful. Apart from Corfu I have done none of the Greek ports.

Oh well, I guess I will have to start my own threads closer to the time. But now at least I know to include the word Seabourn.

Julie

• Administrators

Hello all!

My example in an email to Julie aka frantic 36 was obviously in its most simplistic form. Just adding the word Seabourn to a post for the sake of it not being moved obviously isn't what this is all about.

I appreciate that you all want to be able to access the knowledge of this forum; and it makes sense that if a shore excursion is offered by Seabourn you should ask about it here.

But, the general discussion of ports of call information *should* live in the specific ports of call area on the site -- because it is helpful to everyone within the Cruise Critic community -- and you'll get a wider "cruise voice".

We'd also appreciate if you'd visit the ports forums after you return from your cruise; perhaps there's someone's question you'll now be able to answer.

Makes me wonder how many Seabourn cruisers would find "Senor Frogs" or where to get the best rum runners for smuggling in a port type answers to be useful.:confused:

Right? I have found a lot of the big port threads to be utterly useless for a Seabourn-type audience. Wading through muck about where to buy the best shot glasses or who has the cheapest 3-for-1 drinks is not useful and frankly makes me more likely to end up leaving CC to attempt to find more useful information.

Right? I have found a lot of the big port threads to be utterly useless for a Seabourn-type audience. Wading through muck about where to buy the best shot glasses or who has the cheapest 3-for-1 drinks is not useful and frankly makes me more likely to end up leaving CC to attempt to find more useful information.

+1

I couldn't agree more

Makes me wonder how many Seabourn cruisers would find "Senor Frogs" or where to get the best rum runners for smuggling in a port type answers to be useful.:confused:

I don't even know what a Senor Frog or a rum runner is! I'm sure it's not just a language issue, I consider myself fluent by now although admittedly my grammar is very poor at times. Off to Google ;)

I don't even know what a Senor Frog or a rum runner is! I'm sure it's not just a language issue, I consider myself fluent by now although admittedly my grammar is very poor at times. Off to Google ;)

I am mystified as well Isklaar, perhaps someone could enlighten us please ?:)

Senor Frogs is a popular drinking amusement restaurant chain in Mexico/Caribbean. Usually frequented by a crowd that doesn't consider the day over until they're head first into a porcelain throne.

Rum Runners are a product that people on non-inclusive cruise lines use in an attempt to smuggle booze onboard rather than having to spend money on the ships drinks.