WiFi at the Dockyard?

mom2t&j

From my searches, it looks like the TBI plans that used to be available for pay in the Dockyard are no longer available.

Other than buying an international plan with my carrier AT&T for $10 (I think) a day, I understand the free WiFi opportunities in the Dockyard are at the Frog and Onion and the Visitor Center.

Any others? Thank you!

Looks like TBi still has their WiFi passes available in Bermuda. You just sign up on your device to their network.

I sent an email to Island Tour Centre regarding TBi WiFi......

Hello,

We will be in Bermuda on a cruise at the Dockyard for 3 days starting June 20. In past years we have purchased a 72 hour WiFi pass from you for $14.99.

Someone told me recently that this WiFi pass is no longer available in Bermuda. However, I checked on TBi's website and they still show It is available.... ( 72 hrs- $14.99)......... https://telebermuda.com/residential/wifi/

Do you still sell this WiFi pass at your store in the Dockyard?

Thank you.

Their Reply......

Thank you for your email. We no longer sell the WiFi passes at any of our locations.

Last we checked, you are able to register for TBI WiFi via their website (their network allows access to their website) and register with a credit card online.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

For $15 more wouldn’t it be more convenient to just sign up for the international plan and have full use of your phone anywhere on the island?

I guess it depends on your carrier's data plan, how many GB you are allowed and whether the WIFI signal comes in strong with TBi.

Not sure which way we will go. Verizon International plan or TBi???

I guess it depends on your carrier's data plan, how many GB you are allowed and whether the WIFI signal comes in strong with TBi.

Not sure which way we will go. Verizon International plan or TBi???

I did the international plan on Verizon last year and it mimicked my unlimited data plan.

Was 4g and speed wise it was no different than using it in Manhattan.

Thanks. Will go with Verizon since the WiFi with TBi in past years was spotty in Bermuda and only available in limited areas.

Was it 3G or 4G in Bermuda and did Verizon's data service and speed meet your expectations there?

You will be roaming on a local carrier. It is not Verizon’s service. Last time I was there it was 4G , fast enough but the Bermuda carriers are supposed to be upgrading to LTE so it could be LTE.

Other than buying an international plan with my carrier AT&T for $10 (I think) a day, I understand the free WiFi opportunities in the Dockyard are at the Frog and Onion and the Visitor Center.

Is there free wifi in these locations?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, iceburg1 said:

Looks like TBi still has their WiFi passes available in Bermuda. You just sign up on your device to their network.

I sent an email to Island Tour Centre regarding TBi WiFi......

Hello,

We will be in Bermuda on a cruise at the Dockyard for 3 days starting June 20. In past years we have purchased a 72 hour WiFi pass from you for $14.99.

Someone told me recently that this WiFi pass is no longer available in Bermuda. However, I checked on TBi's website and they still show It is available.... ( 72 hrs- $14.99)......... https://telebermuda.com/residential/wifi/

Do you still sell this WiFi pass at your store in the Dockyard?

Thank you.

Their Reply......

Thank you for your email. We no longer sell the WiFi passes at any of our locations.

Last we checked, you are able to register for TBI WiFi via their website (their network allows access to their website) and register with a credit card online.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

has anyone done this?   Website in unsecured.

I was just in Bermuda last week.  There is free wifi in the dockyard area.  I did notice that I couldn't access emails but I could access social media apps.

I used Verizon's TravelPass for two days.  I used it all over the island.  I noticed that 4g was limited and much slower than here in the U.S.  I had 3g most times and "H" at other times.  I don't know what "H" is... I can't remember...haha.  The signal did a lot of switching between data modes in the dockyard but cell service worked great.

I was on the same cruise on Paul, but forgot my SIM and ended up having to buy a local SIM from One communications. The speeds were definitely slower and I was often on 3G/H+/H instead of LTE. 

Edited by CookieShip

6 hours ago, outbackpaul said:

I was just in Bermuda last week.  There is free wifi in the dockyard area.  I did notice that I couldn't access emails but I could access social media apps.

I used Verizon's TravelPass for two days.  I used it all over the island.  I noticed that 4g was limited and much slower than here in the U.S.  I had 3g most times and "H" at other times.  I don't know what "H" is... I can't remember...haha.  The signal did a lot of switching between data modes in the dockyard but cell service worked great.

H stands for HSPA. H+ is HSPA +. Those are cell data network standards, speeds between 3G and 4G. HSPA was called EDGE in the US by AT&T. 

Force CellOne as the roaming carrier to get 4G. If the signal is weak or lots of people on the cell tower it will drop to 3G or H though. 

Edited by Charles4515