Dingo Travel Sydney

We are considering the One Day Blue Mountain Tour with Dingo Travel from Sydney. It's been hard getting recommendations for a good tour company on Tripadvisor. Dingo Travel has popped up a few times, but is a bit more expensive. We want a smaller tour, Dingo uses 14 passenger vans. Has anyone used this company or knows anything about it? There is also a "Dingo Tours" but they aren't in Sydney. The company we are interested in is Dingo TRAVEL. Also any other recommendations for the Blue Mountain Tour out of Sydney would be greatly appreciated. We need to go on a Sunday so that does limit our choices a bit.

Thanks

Having gone to the Blue Mountains twice on my own, I don't have any personal recommendations for tour companies, But Anderson's Tours gets "Excellent" ratings from Trip Advisor. Here's a link to the TA reviews and a link to the Anderson Tours website. If Anderson Tours does not interest you, look for reviews of more companies on Trip Advisor. (I found this one by going to the Blue Mountains forum and choosing the tab at the top of the page called "Things to Do" and then choosing the "Tours" option.)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255060-d1573194-Reviews-Anderson_s_Tours_Blue_Mountains_Day_Tour-Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

http://andersonstours.com.au/all-inclusive-blue-mountain-tour/

We booked with Anderson's Tours for our recent trip to the Blue Mountains. A day before our tour was to take place, Anderson's left a message on my cell phone, asking us to switch days as they would not be able to take us on the day we had reserved (a Monday and didn't give a reason). We replied to them that we couldn't change our tour day and so they rebooked us with AAT King's Tour company. We had an excellent day from start to finish and I would highly recommend AAT Kings.

Barb

Not that there is anything wrong with AAT Kings, (used them a few times myself) but they tend to use large coaches. Also, make sure that you are not booked on one of their Japanese or Chinese yours....

The Blue Mountains are very easily done by (at least) hourly train from Sydney Central Station to Leura or Katoomba for a few $. From there you can pick up the local HoHo bus and explore yourself.

Some excellent restaurants in Leura. Less so in Katoomba (or K-town, as the locals call it)

• 4 weeks later...
We are considering the One Day Blue Mountain Tour with Dingo Travel from Sydney. It's been hard getting recommendations for a good tour company on Tripadvisor. Dingo Travel has popped up a few times, but is a bit more expensive. We want a smaller tour, Dingo uses 14 passenger vans. Has anyone used this company or knows anything about it? There is also a "Dingo Tours" but they aren't in Sydney. The company we are interested in is Dingo TRAVEL. Also any other recommendations for the Blue Mountain Tour out of Sydney would be greatly appreciated. We need to go on a Sunday so that does limit our choices a bit.

Thanks

Rather belatedly, I've just seen your message. My wife and I went to the Blue Mountains with Dingo Travel in February, along with 12 others who got together on a CC Roll Call. We were all really impressed with them. Our driver/guide was Menashe, who is one of the partners in the company. He is very knowledgeable and did all he could to ensure we had a great day. This wasn't an easy task as, weather wise, the day was pretty awful and visibility in the Blue Mountains was reduced to zero. This was disappointing, as it's unlikely we'll be returning and we saw nothing. However, in a strange way, it was still a fun day and that was down to Menashe. He led us through a valley, where the mist was not so bad, and to a waterfall. We saw an Aborigine show and we went to Featherdale Wild Life Park which was very enjoyable. The food, included in the price, was also good.

Rather belatedly, I've just seen your message. My wife and I went to the Blue Mountains with Dingo Travel in February, along with 12 others who got together on a CC Roll Call. We were all really impressed with them. Our driver/guide was Menashe, who is one of the partners in the company. He is very knowledgeable and did all he could to ensure we had a great day. This wasn't an easy task as, weather wise, the day was pretty awful and visibility in the Blue Mountains was reduced to zero. This was disappointing, as it's unlikely we'll be returning and we saw nothing. However, in a strange way, it was still a fun day and that was down to Menashe. He led us through a valley, where the mist was not so bad, and to a waterfall. We saw an Aborigine show and we went to Featherdale Wild Life Park which was very enjoyable. The food, included in the price, was also good.

Thanks so much for the info. I have booked Dingo Travel for our tour and am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Of course, unfortunately, weather is unpredictable.