Resort Day Pass Recommendations

Shore Thang

We've done both the British Colonial Hilton and Breezes. If it is just adults, I'd do Breezes, the beach is beautiful, and it is a nice all inclusive. The architecture is a little outdated, but it was very clean. They also don't have top shelf alcohol, if that is important to you, I'd try Sandals. The only problem we found with Breezes is that the first few taxi drivers we encountered weren't enthusiastic about taking us out there, it is a little bit of a drive, and most drivers want to just do the quick atlantis and back route. We had no problem getting a taxi back to the port.

The British colonial Hilton is nice with kids because it is walkable. The beach is fine, but small, and while the water was clean, we did find a lot of glass on the beach. It isn't all inclusive, but you do get a food and drink credit, which is good for a drink or two and lunch.

We've done both the British Colonial Hilton and Breezes. If it is just adults, I'd do Breezes, the beach is beautiful, and it is a nice all inclusive. The architecture is a little outdated, but it was very clean. They also don't have top shelf alcohol, if that is important to you, I'd try Sandals. The only problem we found with Breezes is that the first few taxi drivers we encountered weren't enthusiastic about taking us out there, it is a little bit of a drive, and most drivers want to just do the quick atlantis and back route. We had no problem getting a taxi back to the port.

The British colonial Hilton is nice with kids because it is walkable. The beach is fine, but small, and while the water was clean, we did find a lot of glass on the beach. It isn't all inclusive, but you do get a food and drink credit, which is good for a drink or two and lunch.

Or you could just hop on the # 10 jitney for a quarter for Breezes .

8176ca5c-4cad-42de-8723-8b942a6388cf~rs_840.h

I know you weren't necessarily looking for AI. We went to Sandals last year, and can't wait to return again this year. It is a little pricier than I'd want it to be at $115 a person. However, it was worth every penny to us. The property is gorgeous and huge. Plenty of spots to lounge and relax. The food is great. Good selection of drinks (also included). The beach is really nice. There's also the private island. That's where the majority of people were, but still not overly crowded.

So many people want to avoid Nassau like the plague. I can't wait to go back. This time, we are adding HMC to our itinerary. Between those two, how can you really hate the Bahamas?

The Melia is always a very well received option, and it's less expensive as it's not all inclusive. It's near Breezes, the beach is the same. I'd compare the two and see which you like the best. British Colonial Hilton is not the nicest option, but if you want the closest, you can walk off the ship to the hotel, no transporation.

Last time we stopped in Nassau we took a cab to Melia. Great pools, hot tubs, and beach. It was very quiet, we saw one other family there from the cruise. The rest were folks staying at Melia. Only half of the beach chairs were taken at the peak of the day. Never had any chair hogs at the pool. There was a bar at the pool area to buy drinks and a few food choices, which were over priced and not good though. The restaurant inside looked much better, and you could purchase that as well, or paired a higher rate to be all inclusive. There was a Starbucks inside too, which was a nice treat. The hotel gift shop had nice selections of Bahamas gifts, at good prices. Bought myself a cool straw hat that would have been double the price in town, not to mention a knock off, rather than name branded. We would do Melia again next time. Too many stops in Nassau for us. Doing anything near the pier just makes us feel sleezy... might even just stay on board...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi - We went to the British Colonial on May 29, 2018. Easy walk to the hotel from the ship. We had prepaid and check in was quick and efficient. Received wrist band, coupon for beach towel and coupon for $40 pp for food and drinks.

Nice sandy beach, clean pool, decent restroom. Water was clear with wavelets unless a cruise ship was coming or going! plenty of beach loungers around pool and on the beach, just not much shade unless you can snag a palapa. Resort does not have umbrellas.

Lots of construction noise on both sides of the small beach. The pounding and drilling made conversation almost impossible. We had a great server, Terry. She brought us lunch and drinks right to our beach loungers.

We had a nice time, good price to service provided. Won't go back until the construction has been completed.

Sue

I know you weren't necessarily looking for AI. We went to Sandals last year, and can't wait to return again this year. It is a little pricier than I'd want it to be at $115 a person. However, it was worth every penny to us. The property is gorgeous and huge. Plenty of spots to lounge and relax. The food is great. Good selection of drinks (also included). The beach is really nice. There's also the private island. That's where the majority of people were, but still not overly crowded.

So many people want to avoid Nassau like the plague. I can't wait to go back. This time, we are adding HMC to our itinerary. Between those two, how can you really hate the Bahamas?

How did you purchase your day pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did you purchase your day pass?

We just walked right in and purchased it at the front counter. Unfortunately, you cannot purchase them in advance. They appear to have some sort of capacity on this offer. Nothing I have personally encountered, but I would still recommend getting there early enough.

Lots of construction noise on both sides of the small beach. The pounding and drilling made conversation almost impossible.

Does anyone know how long the construction will continue? We’ll be there in a few weeks and thought this might be a decent option for us.

Thanks,

amcb

Where/How do you purchase the day passes to the AI resorts?

You can go to Resortforaday.com and get them from some of the places but you still usually have to get your own transportation to the resort.

We are probably going to go to Sandals and you can only get their day passes directly from the resort when you are on the island. The good thing about that is if it’s a rainy day when you get to Nassau, you aren’t out any money. I’ve read where people have said they just went directly to the resort and told them they wanted a day pass and never had any issues.