Aquaventure compared to other waterparks

zapakara

Our cruise stops a whole day at Nassau. We are looking into going to Aquaventure. However both via comfort inn or via an excursion by the cruiseline the price is very high. We go regularly to Orlando and often visit the waterparks. Also this year in the same holiday a visit to Orlando is planned. The price for Aquaventure is 2 to 3 times as much as the Orlando waterparks. I am curious how people that visited both, would rate Aquaventure vs like parks like Aquatica, Blizzard Beach, Tyfoon Lagoon, Vulcano Bay etc.

I know one difference is that you are near a beach, but I would like to know if there are more special things at Aquaventure that you do not see at other waterparks that justifies the extra price.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Orlando and have been to all the water parks except Volcano Bay. I'd take any of them over Aquaventure, although AV was fun enough and the fish sandwich I had for lunch there was amazing. AV is not very big and the Raging River is about the only unique thing there. The rapids river at Aquatica is very similar, but the one at AV is much longer, which is pretty cool. Parts of it are very rough though. My sister and I were sharing a double tube and the rapids flipped us over together at one point, a little scary because the water just kept moving, and fast. Someone could easily get thrown against the rock sides of the river. When I've gone to Nassau with my kids, who are 9 and 10, I won't do AV with them yet because I won't let them do those rapids until they are much bigger. Plenty of adults were enjoying it though.

Aquaventure feels old, tired, and dated. It's perfectly "fine" but if you are comparing to the nice waterparks in Orlando, it's not even close. The non-tube slides at Aquaventure are WAY too aggressive, so you just have a few tube slides, really.

I would disagree with emory about the rapids, they weren't "that" bad, plenty of young kids on it and riding just fine, and the lazy/rapid river is pretty darn cool but not really enough to justify the cost.

Is there anything special? Kind of. You get access to the aquariums which are really cool including the predator one that is kind of hidden. And the lazy river is long and unique. Worth the cost? No. I think you would be disappointed.