Burger Wars

So far I've had Guy's Burgers and Johnny Rockets, but my favorite on land is Fuddruckers and Five Guys. Does Celebrity hold it's own? Cindy wants to try a Celebrity cruise this Fall but we're meat and potato people, not foodies at all but that doesn't mean we don't like GOOD TASTY GRUB! I'll save all the fancy critters for the specialty restaurant crowd and have a gourmet burger and chili dog myself, and a nice steak for dinner.

Before any of you folk knock my taste there are plenty on the Crystal and Oceania forums that agree with me. We could even slum it on Holland America for their Dive In from what I've read. Cindy wants to give you folks a shot at selling me on Celebrity.

So far I've had Guy's Burgers and Johnny Rockets, but my favorite on land is Fuddruckers and Five Guys. Does Celebrity hold it's own? Cindy wants to try a Celebrity cruise this Fall but we're meat and potato people, not foodies at all but that doesn't mean we don't like GOOD TASTY GRUB! I'll save all the fancy critters for the specialty restaurant crowd and have a gourmet burger and chili dog myself, and a nice steak for dinner.

Before any of you folk knock my taste there are plenty on the Crystal and Oceania forums that agree with me. We could even slum it on Holland America for their Dive In from what I've read. Cindy wants to give you folks a shot at selling me on Celebrity.

OK I confess I am not generally a burger fan.....hated Johnny Rockets! However, I do love the Luminae burger served on their lunch menu! Only snag is you need to book a suite to access. Mast bar burgers are OK, generally will visit once per cruise.

Nope. As above, I would only go for the Luminae burger so probably you should stick w/ Oceania or Crystal if you want a really good burger. No sense trying to "sell" anyone on any line when there are so many other choices that hopefully don't need "selling."

This again? You're already convinced that the food is inedible so why ask about hamburgers?

Cindy still wants to try Celebrity. If there's decent burgers somewhere I'll do it. If I have to book a suite to get that it seems a little ridiculous. Maybe that's still cheaper than Oceania or Crystal so we'll see what the bottom line is.

You've already had this discussion, where you roundly criticized Celebrity's food (while never having set foot on one of their ships). Why re hash it again? Speaking of hash - it's quite good at breakfast.

You've already had this discussion, where you roundly criticized Celebrity's food (while never having set foot on one of their ships). Why re hash it again? Speaking of hash - it's quite good at breakfast.

Thanks Mom. :rolleyes:

We're talking about burgers here and folks are giving helpful advice.

Looks like Crystal is just the right fit for you then.

I'm leaning in that direction. It really is cheaper in the Caribbean if you book a suite anyways and with the all inclusives. Why not save some money and take the best? Celebrity is still cheaper if you want a normal cabin and the normal dining without packages. Folks who want anything else enhanced you're better off on Crystal.

Ok so here's my choices:

Celebrity Equinox Oct 15th, 2019 Suite $3,379

Crystal Serenity Dec 6th, 2019 - 8 Night Balcony $3,170

Me thinks you have under priced the burgers shown, what about the fries and condiments? What is the value there, obviously added.

Then you neglected to indicate if you will be only eating one (1) meal, which would be only one (1) burger and any beverage you may choose, including water....

What about the cost of getting to the ship for you, as well.

Please recalculate the cost or change the photo as needed...

bon voyage

So far I've had Guy's Burgers and Johnny Rockets, but my favorite on land is Fuddruckers and Five Guys. Does Celebrity hold it's own? Cindy wants to try a Celebrity cruise this Fall but we're meat and potato people, not foodies at all but that doesn't mean we don't like GOOD TASTY GRUB!

I've been on Celebrity 6 times; just off Millennium where I dined in Luminae for the first time. The mast grill burgers are nothing special; taste like the typical "school cafeteria" burgers you generally find in the buffett/pool grill on X and RC. On embarkation day we had lunch in Luminae and I had a burger and it tasted exactly the same, which was disappointing. Someone posted a picture above of a burger that looks like it was hand-formed but this looks nothing like the burger I had in Luminae. Only burger I had in Luminae though, so I can't say if that is typical there or not.

Having cruised on 14 lines we have a quick answer to the OP's question. There is no burgers at sea to compare to Five Guys or Fuddruckers! But the best burger I have ever had at sea has been on Holland America during the few days when their Pinnacle Grill (its an alternative restaurant) is open for lunch.

Hank

IMO (not a so called foodie) the Mast Grill burgers are excellent on Celebrity. Build it your own way.

Doug,

Last time you surfaced here you were going on Crystal or Princess or Royal Caribbean, etc. etc.. You mis-quote other members and show pics from other sources. The same game all the time. Why would Cindy want a burger on Celebrity when you started a thread about Celebrity food being inedible? Please just take a Celebrity cruise instead of constantly coming back here with no new info to re-post the same over and over. If you actually do that perhaps people would more value your real experiences on this forum.