Caribbean cruise from Glasgow

Granny bee

Always able to get flights from Glasgow for December cruises but not this year seemingly. P & O advise only one cruise on Britannia and one on AZura with Glasgow flights in November. Anyone know different.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Always able to get flights from Glasgow for December cruises but not this year seemingly. P & O advise only one cruise on Britannia and one on AZura with Glasgow flights in November. Anyone know different.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, along with most other travel companies the options out of Scotland seem to have been reduced significantly this coming year. Numerous flights that used to be available over the winter months (not just cruises) have just vanished into thin air.

I don’t know if they got their fingers burned with the beast from the East as a lot of people were stranded, flights delayed etc. Presumably that happened in the rest of the UK as well?

Granny bee

Glasgow Flights

We had the only option to book either

Azura 2/11/18

Britannia 10/11/18

Britannia 23/11/18

Azura 30/11/18

Only one available in December

Azura 28/12/18. A834

We opted for 2/11/18 Azura. A830 Flying from Glasgow.

Hope you get a suitable date to suit you.

More generally would it not be nice if P&O would offer more regular flights from Scotland / the North of England for fly cruises. Better yet bring a ship up to Newcastle or Rosyth.

We were recently on a Fred Olsen cruise and what a difference it made to not have the hassle of the long journey at the beginning and end of the cruise.

It had been a while since we were on Fred and while there are aspects of P&O that are much better imo (and some of Fred that were better by comparison to P&O to be fair), there is enough that was good on Fred to balance against the journey to Southampton.

Scottish and Northern customers make up a large part of P&Os customer base, there are always lots of us on the ships so it would be nice if they could make life a bit easier for us all.

More generally would it not be nice if P&O would offer more regular flights from Scotland / the North of England for fly cruises. Better yet bring a ship up to Newcastle or Rosyth.

We were recently on a Fred Olsen cruise and what a difference it made to not have the hassle of the long journey at the beginning and end of the cruise.

It had been a while since we were on Fred and while there are aspects of P&O that are much better imo (and some of Fred that were better by comparison to P&O to be fair), there is enough that was good on Fred to balance against the journey to Southampton.

Scottish and Northern customers make up a large part of P&Os customer base, there are always lots of us on the ships so it would be nice if they could make life a bit easier for us all.

I think we may have been on the same cruise because I noticed something you posted on the FO boards. Like you it is a huge advantage being able to cruise directly from Scotland and although we definitely prefer P&O we would consider Fred again from Rosyth.

I think it's very poor that P&O are offering so few flights from Scotland. Our friends are on the one in November and I was surprised when they said there was such a limited choice.

I think we may have been on the same cruise because I noticed something you posted on the FO boards. Like you it is a huge advantage being able to cruise directly from Scotland and although we definitely prefer P&O we would consider Fred again from Rosyth.

I think it's very poor that P&O are offering so few flights from Scotland. Our friends are on the one in November and I was surprised when they said there was such a limited choice.

Yes I can see from your signature that I was.

The lack of flights will make me take my business else where and to be honest I will take a look at Fred for next year from Rosyth for the summer.

We much preferred the standard of service on Fred and thought that the food, particularly the extensive choice at the lunch buffets and the afternoon tea were a higher standard than P&O

P&O has advantages including bigger, plusher ships and balcony prices that are much more reasonable.

There is a lot of cruise business in the Scotland and the north if someone will only tap into it.

• 1 month later...

Hello Ilovemygarden,

We normally fly Thomson from Glasgow and yes we have always traveled premium economy, as you are aware separate PE at the front of plane is specifically reserved for PE passengers. 49 seats available PE. This year we paid £698 for two then another £100 - £50 pp return .

Last four or more years it’s the Dreamliner we flew out to Barbados and back again.

Any TA will be able to offer you flights from Glasgow as long as there are still seats available. Hope this is of some help.

Thanks for your prompt reply Helen. I see from your signature you have a lot of experience with P and O. Do you have a preference for Azura or Britannia - these are the two offering Glasgow flights in November. Also, have you noticed if either ship would be better for singles? I have done a lot of cruising but so far only one solo.

ilovemygarden,

I have cruised many times on Azura and only twice on Britannia. Personally I can’t comment on which ship is better for singles,however,on one of our Azura cruises we actually met a lady who was a solo cruiser who ended up joining our entourage on that particular cruise and has cruised with us on many occasions since then.

I did enjoy cruising on Britannia and will cruise on her again,however, our friends all prefer Azura hence we seem to settle for Azura. Whichever ship you decide upon I am sure you will enjoy just remember to attend the solo meetings that take place on both ships such as solo coffee mornings,afternoon tea etc and you will soon meet up with other solo cruisers. Might meet up with you should you decided to choose

Azura 2nd November A830 flying from Glasgow. There are only a few remaining PE seats left on that flight that have not been pre booked in advance.

Granny bee

Glasgow Flights

We had the only option to book either

Azura 2/11/18

Britannia 10/11/18

Britannia 23/11/18

Azura 30/11/18

Only one available in December

Azura 28/12/18. A834

We opted for 2/11/18 Azura. A830 Flying from Glasgow.

Hope you get a suitable date to suit you.

Looks like we might meet up on 5th November in Antigua when you "collide" with Britannia

Looks like we might meet up on 5th November in Antigua when you "collide" with Britannia

Hello my dear friends,

If you are in Antigua on 5th November I have a boat picking us up at the port to take us down to Runaway Bay to Denise’s Mystic Bar you are welcome to join us if you wish it’s Sexy Eddies Boat that’s Denise’s husband who now also has a boat as well as the taxi business.

It would be wonderful to meet up with you both.

Sandra,Keith,Tony, Sue from Wales and Alan and Janice are joining us on this cruise, Good to hear from you.

Failing that there is also St Kitts on the 6th. Race you to Cockleshell bay!

If you get to Reggie Beach Bar before us could you please reserve 8 beds and shades preferably to the. Right hand side of the beach as you exit the Bar on to the beach beside the boardwalk. 👍 Have you been to Cockleshell since they cordoned off the part of the beach at the boardwalk at Reggie Bar,

Scott now has to jump the hurdles

( takes him a bit longer now to get his legs over) 😂

to get over to Gloria’s Bar the little wooden shed,she charges $2 bottle of beer and of course does bucket of five also. 🍺😎

Hello my dear friends,

If you are in Antigua on 5th November I have a boat picking us up at the port to take us down to Runaway Bay to Denise’s Mystic Bar you are welcome to join us if you wish it’s Sexy Eddies Boat that’s Denise’s husband who now also has a boat as well as the taxi business.

It would be wonderful to meet up with you both.

Sandra,Keith,Tony, Sue from Wales and Alan and Janice are joining us on this cruise, Good to hear from you.

Sounds interesting Pat, would be nice to meet up with the others again. Pm us with times please. Haven't been to St Kitts for a couple of years so haven't seen the changes but hopefully it will still remain one of our favourite beaches

Phil

Sounds interesting Pat, would be nice to meet up with the others again. Pm us with times please. Haven't been to St Kitts for a couple of years so haven't seen the changes but hopefully it will still remain one of our favourite beaches

Phil

Talk to you soon

Pat

:*

Hi Pat

We have missed you again we are on Azura again on 30/11/18 and again on 22/02/19.

Will bump into again I’m sure.

Hello to you both,lovely to hear from you. Sorry we have missed each other again but no doubt we will eventually meet on a future cruise. Are you flying from Glasgow on 22/02/19.

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed this as well for next winter - only suitable Glasgow ones are on Britannia which I am not interested in, disappointing. However, did once fly from Newcastle (I am on the East Coast) so you may be able to make that work?

There are Glasgow flights for Azura leaving 2 and 30 November this year and 25 January and 22 February 2019.