Return flight from Honolulu

tbarton

We do not fly out until 430 so I would like some suggestions of activities from time of disembark until about 230. We plan to see Pearl Harbor before boarding. Will just grab quick snack. Do not want to spend time eating.

Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before departure. HNL can be a zoo, and you have to clear the agricultural inspection before you can even get in line to check your bags. Don't forget to have your carry ons checked too, or you will be back in the security line.

I think you should be able to do Pearl Harbor, but not much else. It will depend on how quickly you get off the ship, though. Traffic in Honolulu is the worst I have seen, and i'm from LA area. While Honolulu airport can be a zoo, it's a relatively small zoo, and 2 or 2 1/2 hours is plenty of time to get through clearing your luggage for USDA and TSA. Your carryons will get cleared by USDA after you go through TSA and before you get to your gate. Be at the USDA checkpoint by 2 and you should be fine. What are you doing for transport?

Also, think about changing the flight to a day later, stay the night--you'll have a full day for Pearl harbor and can then enjoy a leisurely evening before flying home the next day. Pearl really deserves more than an hour or two.

The memorial at the Arizona is currently closed, but the visitor centre is still open. You can easily spend up to 3 hrs in the visitor centre. With the gridlocked traffic frequently experienced, you may only have time for the Pearl Harbour Visitor Centre.

However, if you have time, you can cross the bridge and visit the Battleship Missouri.

As other have mentioned leave lots of time at the airport to clear Agriculture Inspection, check-in, etc.

I think you should be able to do Pearl Harbor, but not much else. It will depend on how quickly you get off the ship, though. Traffic in Honolulu is the worst I have seen, and i'm from LA area. While Honolulu airport can be a zoo, it's a relatively small zoo, and 2 or 2 1/2 hours is plenty of time to get through clearing your luggage for USDA and TSA. Your carryons will get cleared by USDA after you go through TSA and before you get to your gate. Be at the USDA checkpoint by 2 and you should be fine. What are you doing for transport?

Also, think about changing the flight to a day later, stay the night--you'll have a full day for Pearl harbor and can then enjoy a leisurely evening before flying home the next day. Pearl really deserves more than an hour or two.

OP does not want to go to Pearl. Original post said they planned to go before boarding. Looking for something after disembarking.

I agree about traffic. Son and his family live there and constantly complain or schedule around traffic, especially at certain times of day.

The memorial at the Arizona is currently closed, but the visitor centre is still open. You can easily spend up to 3 hrs in the visitor centre. With the gridlocked traffic frequently experienced, you may only have time for the Pearl Harbour Visitor Centre.

However, if you have time, you can cross the bridge and visit the Battleship Missouri.

As other have mentioned leave lots of time at the airport to clear Agriculture Inspection, check-in, etc.

OP's original post indicated that they were visiting Pearl Harbor prior to boarding. Looking for suggestions after disembarkation and prior to airport.

We are spending two nights precruise. The first night we will have flown about 14 hours and not arrive until 3 so by the time we transfer and check in we will probably only have time or energy to do more than walk to take peek at beach and grab a quick bite. The next day we have an island tour so we thought we would go early sat morning before boarding to Pearl Harbor so our luggage could stay at hotel. But that is not written in stone

Ahh--missed that--I thought they wanted to see Pearl before boarding the plane. In that case, I would suggest Waikiki. Lots of touristy sites and shopping. Stop in at Duke's for a Mai Tai, look at the newly refurbished International market.