Mini Fridge stocked on DCL or empty?

gwsster

Thank you for the information. This is the way I prefer the fridge. I dislike the refrigerators that are full of items I don't want, leaving no space to cool items I do want.

If you are Concierge you can request for the fridge to be filled with drinks of your choice, but otherwise as moki'smommy said they are empty.

Correct, ours came stocked, and a freezer full of Mickey ice cream bars. IMG_1376.thumb.JPG.a0e815aecde3628afb64cc3ea23f2eea.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG_1377.thumb.JPG.0ead5f499838a6a7a3596ad16d027cc5.JPG

Any bar server around the pools and I am sure at any of the bars will sell you a case of water and I would guess sodas. They even deliver it to your cabin and put it in your fridge.

Correct, ours came stocked, and a freezer full of Mickey ice cream bars. [ATTACH]424323[/ATTACH][ATTACH]424324[/ATTACH]

Is there a charge to have the soft drinks and water etc. in your fridge if you’re in concierge class .

Is there a charge to have the soft drinks and water etc. in your fridge if you’re in concierge class .

This picture was from our Fantasy cruise from 2012 (inaugural sailings). Included in the price they would have stocked it with anything we wanted. We were in the Walt Disney suite.

Concierge actually encompasses 4 different "classes," listed as V, T, R, and S. Not all of these are on all ships. Each has its own set of rules as to what you can get. If you are in the Walt or Roy suites, you can essentially have anything you want. If you are in a lower category, you are welcome to go to the concierge lounge and take a few cans of your favorite back to your fridge. Prior to the concierge lounge on the Magic and Wonder, you used to get it stocked once "free" with a charge for any re-stocking, but I believe this has been discontinued since the lounges opened.

We were on a long cruise in a "normal" cabin where the ship ran out of Diet Coke and several other soda syrups. Nothing was available at the beverage station for a couple of days. We did get it from cans in Palo, but they quickly ran out also. Our server told us that all available had been diverted to adult only dining and concierge. They tried to get it at the next port and found that the connectors on the containers they bought were not consistent with the systems on the ship. Supposedly they sent CMs to various groceries, etc. to buy up all they could get. We saw the head of dining at an officer's reception that evening, and I asked if there was still no Diet Coke--he had 12 cans sent to our cabin! It was different, and was bottled (canned, I guess) in a country that we weren't visiting!

But that wasn't nearly as bad as the TA when they ran out of toilet paper.....

Please note--the refrigerator shown in the pictures above is very different from the refrigerator you'll have in a regular cabin.

Thank you again Moki'sMommy. I knew we were in a Navigators balcony and definitely not Concierge, so the free full fridge of goodies was not on our itinerary. I do appreciate that you confirmed that our cabin choice on deck 5 was OK and that you have actually stayed in that part of the ship. You are a wealth of great information. Disney owes you a cruise.

Concierge actually encompasses 4 different "classes' date='" listed as V, T, R, and S. Not all of these are on all ships. Each has its own set of rules as to what you can get. If you are in the Walt or Roy suites, you can essentially have anything you want. If you are in a lower category, you are welcome to go to the concierge lounge and take a few cans of your favorite back to your fridge. Prior to the concierge lounge on the Magic and Wonder, you used to get it stocked once "free" with a charge for any re-stocking, but I believe this has been discontinued since the lounges opened.

We were on a long cruise in a "normal" cabin where the ship ran out of Diet Coke and several other soda syrups. Nothing was available at the beverage station for a couple of days. We did get it from cans in Palo, but they quickly ran out also. Our server told us that all available had been diverted to adult only dining and concierge. They tried to get it at the next port and found that the connectors on the containers they bought were not consistent with the systems on the ship. Supposedly they sent CMs to various groceries, etc. to buy up all they could get. We saw the head of dining at an officer's reception that evening, and I asked if there was still no Diet Coke--he had 12 cans sent to our cabin! It was different, and was bottled (canned, I guess) in a country that we weren't visiting!

But that wasn't nearly as bad as the TA when they ran out of toilet paper.....

Please note--the refrigerator shown in the pictures above is very different from the refrigerator you'll have in a regular cabin.[/quote']

Thank you again Moki'sMommy. I knew we were in a Navigators balcony and definitely not Concierge, so the free full fridge of goodies was not on our itinerary. I do appreciate that you confirmed that our cabin choice on deck 5 was OK and that you have actually stayed in that part of the ship. You are a wealth of great information. Disney owes you a cruise.

You could suggest that to them!

We love 5 aft. It isn't "just ok," it is one of my favorite locations. There are relatively few cabins there, and no one who isn't staying there has any reason to be there (other than CMs, of course) There is a staff only "secret" exit/entrance to some of their office spaces. We never would have known this had we not seen the CD come out of a "non-existent" door. It looks just like a wall panel. The area is very quiet and just wonderful.

Definitely, in all non-concierge cabins the fridge will be empty. And if it doesn't get cold enough for your purposes, put a cup of ice inside. Problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...
Correct, ours came stocked, and a freezer full of Mickey ice cream bars. [ATTACH]424323[/ATTACH][ATTACH]424324[/ATTACH]

The Mickey bars are a great idea! I am surprised, though, that they didn’t melt in there. It’s not a freezer, and I usually imagine ice cream needs to be frozen. Did you have any melting issues?

Edit: I just reread your post. You had a freezer in your fridge. So probably no melting issues! :)

The Mickey bars are a great idea! I am surprised, though, that they didn’t melt in there. It’s not a freezer, and I usually imagine ice cream needs to be frozen. Did you have any melting issues?

Edit: I just reread your post. You had a freezer in your fridge. So probably no melting issues! :)

The top level concierge categories (Walt and Roy suites) have a real refrigerator and freezer. The normal cabins certainly do not and the Mickey bars would melt in there. However, you can order them from room service when you plan to eat them.