Behind the Scenes

AKMore

We did it and loved it! Got to see so much that everyone else doesn't get to see, including the Bridge and a picture with the Captain. IMO, it's something every cruiser should do at least once.

It’s more than a tour. It’s an experience. Done it a few times on different ships. Fully enjoyed each one.

Book as soon as you board. It sells out very quickly. As within 1-2 hours of boarding (did so on Vista last November).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How much is it? Where and when can I book?'9n the Vistas in July!

thank you!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1386/~/carnival%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98behind-the-fun-ultimate-tour

Carnival's website states that it's between $55-95 per person (I'm guessing more on the bigger ships?) and can be booked at the Shore Excursion Desk.

Thanks for the feedback so far! I really want to do it on our honeymoon cruise, but fiancé is unsure if the price is worth it. I figure it'd be a fun one-time thing, regardless.

If it is an excursion you should be able to book online before getting on the ship. Many highly sought after cruises sell out before the cruise. If you want to make sure you get it book ahead

If it is an excursion you should be able to book online before getting on the ship. Many highly sought after cruises sell out before the cruise. If you want to make sure you get it book ahead

Except you can't. It can only be booked once aboard.

Edited by ParrotRob

Has anyone done the behind the scenes tour? It sounds interesting, but seems a bit pricey for just a ship tour.

We did it and we loved it. If fiance thinks it is too expensive you could go without her. Some will appreciate this more than others.

I've done it and really enjoyed it. You learn a lot about the ships operation. One thing that honestly intrigued me the most, was the trash. I know you're thinking *** but if you actually see how the ship does the trash, it's pretty impressive.

We took the Behind the Fun tour on the Fascination and Breeze! Absolutely loved it! Go to the excursion desk to book it as soon as you get onboard. It sells out quickly, and it’s well worth the cost!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1386/~/carnival%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98behind-the-fun-ultimate-tour

Carnival's website states that it's between $55-95 per person (I'm guessing more on the bigger ships?) and can be booked at the Shore Excursion Desk.

Thanks for the feedback so far! I really want to do it on our honeymoon cruise, but fiancé is unsure if the price is worth it. I figure it'd be a fun one-time thing, regardless.

Thank you for this link as I have looked all over the website and have never stumbled over this option. Unfortunately it says that it happens on the last day at sea and since our only day at sea is in the middle of our cruise I wonder if it will still be offered? And is there any way to find out how much before we board?

Cost is $55 on Fantasy class and $95 on all other ships. If you only have one sea day, that's the day it will be offered. As someone else stated, closed toe shoes, and no skirts for women. There are a lot of stairs, and a lot of standing. No cameras or phones. EM

Yup, did it last year and it was FASCINATING. It lasts about 4 hours, no cameras or phones allowed as it goes into all the secure areas. there are stairs and lots of standing, worth it! Book it as soon as you get on ship, it sells out fast.

I love this tour and have done it on numerous ships. It can not be booked before you get on the ship. There is a lot of walking and climbing stairs, and you are required to wear closed toe shoes.

Thank you for your description. Thought it would be fun for my 83yo Dad. Because he would need a wheelchair for long distances and the stairs are out, this wouldn’t work for us. Thanks again!

Have done the behind the scenes tour several time. Well worth the money! Very interesting, particularly the lower decks. Gives you a real appreciation as to how The whole ship and crew work! The tour does entail a lot of walking and stair climbing, so not great for those who might have mobility problems. I highly recommend, especially for anyone new to cruising.

I did the Behind the Scenes tour on the Breeze last December and really enjoyed it. After the tour, the participants were given small backpacks, a cap, a group photo with the captain and an individual photo with the captain. I think it was worth the price to do it at least once. Lots of walking and stairs. My hubby was unable to take the tour due to the amount of walking and climbing stairs.