Hotels in Rome

charlielinda

I've been using hotels.com for hotel searches in the last few years. Mostly because you can filter for budget, star rating, and most importantly, location. Plus it has reviews. When I've narrowed the likely candidates, I cross check with TripAdvisor reviews, and then ask on my roll call for opinions on the top 1 or 2.

And when you are specifying location, it's Piazza Navona.

Not sure when you're travelling, but book early! We selected a hotel for the end of May, 2019. We found a hotel near Piazza Navona, waited for our travel companions to decide if they wanted to stay at the same place...by the time they decided (or actually didn't decide...), the hotel was booked. We looked at a dozen properties, all of which were already booked, before choosing Hotel Genio. It is a great location for a very reasonable price. I did all the same checking as mentioned above...both looking at hotels.com and trip advisor. Good luck!

We stayed at a beautiful two-bedroom Air B&B that was literally steps from Trevi Fountain. It was in a secure building and so convenient to everything. We'd definitely stay there again. Plus it was much, much cheaper than a Rome hotel room. And we got a full kitchen, etc.

Although it is not near Plaza Narvona or the Trevi Fountain, it has a subway station right outside the front door, we stayed at Hotel Napoleon. We enjoyed our three nights stay there. It had a full breakfast, too.

Hotel Residenza Argentina Style. Our group of 13 stayed last year - everyone loved it! Modern amenities, with historical touches. Rooms are all updated and comfortable. Walkable to all major sights, with ancient ruins right across the street. Great customer service. Nice breakfast and daily cocktail hour. Third time in Rome, best hotel.

Hotel Residenza Argentina Style. Our group of 13 stayed last year - everyone loved it! Modern amenities, with historical touches. Rooms are all updated and comfortable. Walkable to all major sights, with ancient ruins right across the street. Great customer service. Nice breakfast and daily cocktail hour. Third time in Rome, best hotel.

We stayed there this month precruise also - great location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going to Rome pre-cruise and looking for a hotel in the $250-$300 range near Plaza Narvona or the Trevi Fountain. Do you have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before our most recent cruise on the Constellation we stayed a couple of night's at Domus Trevi, a small bed and breakfast located in Piazza Scanderbeg steps from the Trevi Fountain. Very affordable and a convenient location.

On our first trip to Rome 20 years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Portoghesi, which is a 5 minute walk from Piazza Navona and a 10 minute walk from the Trevi Fountain. It was a very enjoyable small hotel. http://www.hotelportoghesiroma.it/. From TripAdvisor, it appears it is still rated quite well (4.5 stars).

On our upcoming cruise in October, we will be staying pre-cruise at the Palazzo Naiadi (the former Boscolo Exedra). Looks like a great hotel, but it is further from both Piazza Navona and the Trevi Fountain, so it is probably not what you are looking for.

Tom & Judy

My favorite:

https://www.residenzafarneseroma.it/en/?r=4261002&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIupjAseng2wIVhGd-Ch2dawVvEAAYASAAEgJaGvD_BwE

It's on a side street just off the Campo di Fiore (lots of reasonably priced restaurants with no cover charge for an outdoor table)...a couple of short blocks walk from the Piazza Navona. We've stayed there a few times now...

I've stayed twice at Albergo Cesari and would stay again. It's between the Trevi fountain and Piazza Navonna. The location is so convenient and rooftop breakfast is included. We so enjoyed the rooftop lounge at the end of the day...you order drinks and they bring you free snacks. The rooms are very basic, but comfortable. I believe it's in your price range too!

I have been researching for hotels since last Fall for our

upcoming October cruise (leaves from Rome).

I just booked the last suite at our hotel that is located between

Campo de Fiori and Piazza Navona. We wanted to be able to be

in the city center and do lots of walking.

Things seem to be booking quickly for October. I also just booked

the Colosseum Underground tour and then it was full.

Also, if you use Trip Advisor, the information on each hotel page also

has a map which you can click on and that will show you the hotel's location

in the city- very helpful.

OOOps! I forgot to suggest that you will find the Italy board

much more helpful with your question. That is where I found

my information and answers to my questions about Rome hotels.

We also stayed there prior to our cruise in September 2016. The rooms and bathrooms were very nice. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and delicious. I would stay there again.

We are spending 4 nights at The Crown Plaza pre cruise. This hotel also has a transfer ability to the Ship. Ours was included in the price but I'm sure you can contact Celebrity for a price.

We stayed at the Duca Dalba Hotel which is about 5 minutes from the Roman Forum and Coliseum and about 10 / 15 minutes from the area you want. It was fabulous and the small family owned restaurant La Vecchia Roma next door was just perfect ----- there was a line of locals wanting to eat there every evening !

Would recommend and return in a heart beat

For an upcoming post cruise stay in Rome, we picked the Navona Gallery and Garden Suites, which we found on trip advisor.

It is inexpensive and literally steps from Piazza Navona. I was drawn by both the location and the fantastic ratings it was receiving....

I've stayed twice at Albergo Cesari and would stay again. It's between the Trevi fountain and Piazza Navonna. The location is so convenient and rooftop breakfast is included. We so enjoyed the rooftop lounge at the end of the day...you order drinks and they bring you free snacks. The rooms are very basic, but comfortable. I believe it's in your price range too!

I second this recommendation. It's a great location. There is also a very good restaurant just around the corner -

Ristorante Il Falchetto

You may want to also consider apartment rentals. Last time we stayed in an apartment steps away from the Vatican Museum at half the rate being quoted for hotels. The added benefit was we were able to wash all of clothes before heading to Civitavecchia.