Rebooking a Cruise Once Onboard

XLVIII

We're looking at a cruise next year that has pricing we quite like. We're also going to be on a Celebrity Alaska cruise in 3 weeks. Am I able to book the cruise now with a TA, and then rebook it onboard to take advantage on the OBC and (sometimes) additional perks? I'd also like to transfer the booking back to the TA.

Has anyone done this before?

Also, does anyone know what the current Future Cruise incentives are?

Thanks!

:cool::cool::cool:

As soon as you book with a TA you are blocked from making any changes on board. Celebrity can only handle reservations that are kept within Celebrity. Contact your TA and see if you can cancel your reservation without penalty and then booked at Future Cruises and transfer to your TA.

I don't necessarily want to change it. I'll book it onboard as a new cruise and cancel the one I've booked with the TA. Will Celebrity not allow this because I'll essentially hold 2 bookings at the same time?

My experience was that I had to cancel the booking with the TA before the Onboard rep could make a booking. Once it was shown as cancelled then they could create a new booking. Fortunately no one had placed a hold on our cabin as we really wanted that particular cabin so the onboard rep was able to keep us in our original cabin.

If there are two of you traveling, you can make the booking in one of your names now. I don't believe you need to provide the name of the second person until later (or if you do, you can specify someone else and change then change it later). Then onboard you could do the booking in the other person's name - if for some reason you need to have two separate bookings at the same time.

I don't necessarily want to change it. I'll book it onboard as a new cruise and cancel the one I've booked with the TA. Will Celebrity not allow this because I'll essentially hold 2 bookings at the same time?

You would be able to book the same cruise on board In the same cabin class but in a different cabin and have it assigned to your TA of choice. After returning home from your cruise your TA can then call Celebrity and have your current cabin transferred to the new on-board reservation and have your current reservation cancelled. It may or may not require a 3-way conference call so that you can give Celebrity your approval for the transfer of the cabin and the cancellation of your initial reservation. You should be able to have this all down through your TA after returning home without losing your on-board booking bonus OBC - ASSUMING that you will be home prior to the final payment date.

Thanks everyone! The fare is fully refundable and well outside final payment. I'll probably go ahead and book now. If they won't book again on the ship, I'll cancel the first booking while onboard and rebook with additional OBC (assuming the price is the same or lower).

Thanks everyone! The fare is fully refundable and well outside final payment. I'll probably go ahead and book now. If they won't book again on the ship, I'll cancel the first booking while onboard and rebook with additional OBC (assuming the price is the same or lower).

We have done it a number of times. Book our cabin that we want with our TA. Then book while on board with any cabin in the category we want and our TA talks to Celebrity and take care of the whole thing of us. We have also only booked one person in a cabin while on board just to hold a cabin.

You cannot use OBC for booking a new cruise. You must give a credit card for the deposit as you make that new booking.

Sorry, to be clear I'll rebook in order to get the OBC (using a credit card!) :)

We're looking at a cruise next year that has pricing we quite like. We're also going to be on a Celebrity Alaska cruise in 3 weeks. Am I able to book the cruise now with a TA, and then rebook it onboard to take advantage on the OBC and (sometimes) additional perks? I'd also like to transfer the booking back to the TA.

While it is certainly possible, you would only be making the situation unnecessarily complicated if you were to do it that way.

The easiest way to accomplish what you want is to make the initial booking online yourself, without involving anyone else.

That way you have a reservation that you can cancel yourself whenever you want, without needing to involve a third party and wait for someone else to do it for you.

Then once onboard, just go see the future cruise people and tell them what you want to do.

As it was explained to us the first time we ever did this, the fastest and safest way to accomplish this type of transfer, without losing your cabin, is for both you and the future cruise agent to be online at the same time.

You log into your initial reservation and the agent logs into your new reservation.

You cancel your initial reservation, which releases the cabin, and the agent immediately picks up the cabin for your new reservation.

Although it is possible for the future cruise agent to do both, the time lapse in switching from one account to the other would increase the possibility of losing the cabin in the interim.

Once your cabin is assigned to the new reservation, you can then give the booking to any TA you choose.

There is no urgency to make an initial commitment, as you get 60 days after booking to compare offers before needing to decide.

Edited by varoo

The Future Cruise reps are not that helpful with these plans...if you disclose it.

Gee, they would not even look up a present booking that we made on our own to see if they could give us a better deal. Told us to look it up on the Computer Center first...we never went back.

Not worth all the machinations sometimes.

The Future Cruise reps are not that helpful with these plans...if you disclose it.

Gee, they would not even look up a present booking that we made on our own to see if they could give us a better deal. Told us to look it up on the Computer Center first...we never went back.

Not worth all the machinations sometimes.

What a difference from the ones we encountered, as we have done this a number of times, on different ships, and the Future Cruise reps we met were very pleasant and helpful.

Some were eager to continue chatting even after we had finished what we came for and were ready to leave.

But we like to go see them at times when they are not busy, because they are more rushed when they have a line of people waiting to see them.

People do form their impressions of an entire department, or even of an entire company, based on the individuals they happen to encounter.

When it comes to people who deal with the public, sometimes it can be sheer luck whether you happen to get a grumpy person or a helpful one,

or even if you catch an otherwise really nice person on a bad day.

On Celebrity cruises, most of the employees are so nice and so helpful that it is really noticeable and memorable when we encounter one who isn't.

Looks like the June/July offer is back to two perks. I will check this out while on board in July to see if my b2b on Silly Feb. 2020 would be better to rebook and cancel my current reservation. Thanks for the link.