Caribe deck balcony

lbfluffy

I can’t remember which cruise ship we were on that had the bigger balcony on the Caribe deck. We are hoping to go on the Coral. The category we are looking at is BD. I see some of those categories are on the Caribe deck. Are those balconies larger? The deck plans do not indicate that.

Thanks.

Sorry not on Coral Princess.

Only the Grand Class ships (all four iterations) are terraced with the larger balconies on Caribe Deck.

Coral and its twin (well, at least twin-hulled) ship Island are unique Panamax-sized ships. Not at all like most of the remainder of the fleet.

There are balcony cat. cabins on the Coral Princess with larger balconies. They are:

Deck 10, cat. BE there are six of them, Cat. B2 there are 60 of them, and Cat. B1 there are 12 of them.

Deck 9 cat. BD near the aft elevators there are six of them. These cabins have smaller balconies than the cabins on deck 10, but larger than the standard balcony cabins.

There are balcony cat. cabins on the Coral Princess with larger balconies. They are:

Deck 10, cat. BE there are six of them, Cat. B2 there are 60 of them, and Cat. B1 there are 12 of them.

Deck 9 cat. BD near the aft elevators there are six of them. These cabins have smaller balconies than the cabins on deck 10, but larger than the standard balcony cabins.

How can you tell which cabins have the larger balconies? Do the deckplans tell me?

How can you tell which cabins have the larger balconies? Do the deckplans tell me?

Here’s a link to that information for the Coral (and the Island before the remodeling & addition of aft cabins).

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Except for the bumped out sections of Caribe deck, the other balconies on Caribe are larger.

Sorry not on Coral Princess.

Only the Grand Class ships (all four iterations) are terraced with the larger balconies on Caribe Deck.

Coral and its twin (well, at least twin-hulled) ship Island are unique Panamax-sized ships. Not at all like most of the remainder of the fleet.

We had a larger balcony with a Caribe deck cabin on the Coral.

Here’s a link to that information for the Coral (and the Island before the remodeling & addition of aft cabins).

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Except for the bumped out sections of Caribe deck, the other balconies on Caribe are larger.

Thank you for that information.

Yes, the deck plans indicate which are larger. Select a cabin which you know has a 9'x5' balcony, for example B347. Click on the cabin and you will get the sq. feet including balcony. Then go to the cabins I mentioned. Click on them and you will see a larger amount of sq. footage. The difference is the balcony size since all balcony cabins have the same interiors. You can also just eyeball it on the deck plans. It is obvious which cabins have larger balconies.

Well I got my cabin assignment. It says B701. I have a BD category because I got a three category upgrade. But after reading the information here, I see it’s not a very good cabin because it lacks privacy. I need to give my agent a call tomorrow and change. I’m just trying to figure where. So much information to take in.

We just got off the Ruby Princess and had a balcony on the Caribe deck and it is definitely larger with part of it covered and part of it uncovered. I know the deck below was uncovered, and I believe the decks above were covered.

Lbfluffy...sorry you are getting confusing info here. astroflyer and sknight are correct. The Coral is not like the Crown and her sisters. The deck plans because of the bump outs and smaller size create some inconsistency in the deck plan. Use the link provided. This will show which cabins are fully covered, partial, or full sun. Also only deck 10 balcony cabins will have then potential for the 9x9 balcony without being a mini suite. We had C 317 which was a great cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums