Horizon SkyRide Closed

Wombservice

Just got an e-mail from Carnival - the Horizon SkyRide will be closed for “unexpected maintenance” 😳 during our cruise this Thursday to Bermuda. We weren’t planning on using it, but I’m sure there’ll be some pretty unhappy people this week!

Not a big deal.

I disagree. My kids have talked about it and I personally would book a cruise on a ship with that for them and I think they would be HIGHLY disappointed if it were down for maintenance.

I disagree. My kids have talked about it and I personally would book a cruise on a ship with that for them and I think they would be HIGHLY disappointed if it were down for maintenance.

I know if we were bringing kids they would be disappointed, too. Shame it needed maintenance so soon out of the gate..........but hey, if it needed fixing, I guess that’s one attraction you’d want to be working perfectly! 😂

Just got an e-mail from Carnival - the Horizon SkyRide will be closed for “unexpected maintenance” 😳 during our cruise this Thursday to Bermuda. We weren’t planning on using it, but I’m sure there’ll be some pretty unhappy people this week!

It was closed 6 of the 8 days during our Vista cruise last year as well.

Sounds like it has been down for maintenance many times from people reporting here.

That is one of the things I would want to book that ship for, but its kind of scary that it is having so many issues.

This is purely speculative, but we were on the 1st 8-day cruise out of New York and watched the movie most evenings during the cruise. On several nights you could see one of the corners (to the left of the screen) of the Skyride track shaking. It was significant. The Skyride was open every day of our cruise and I rode it twice. We did 11 days on the Vista and never saw anything while on her like what we saw on the Horizon. It wasn't during rough seas or anything, almost like a resonance issue that simply built up over time. Again, purely speculative, but I wonder if that's caused damage that has to be fixed.

I didn't think it was a good idea since I wonder what happens if someone gets stuck mid-ride. Nevertheless, it's inexcusable for this to be down for so long. My cruise is coming up next week and I'll be disappointed if it's out of commission.

We Cruised Horizon NYC to Bermuda on the 21st - 25th and were disappointed that it was closed. We received the email before the cruise and didn't mention it to our 7 year old and 9 year old. We did, however see 2 crew members take 2 of the bikes out for a lap on one day during the cruise. They were smiling ear to ear - We would have been too.

• 2 weeks later...
Any newer updates on this?

We cruised on the Magic June 23-30, and the Horizon was docked beside us in Grand Turk. The SkyRide was definitely open then. My husband and I secretly wished we could sneak on the ship and try it out- it looks like a blast.

I can certainly understand why it was closed if Carnival had ANY doubts though.