Pride: Baltimore Embarkation Time

debnrick

Since the Pride doesn't arrive in Baltimore port until 10am ... what is the earliest you can arrive at the port for embarkation? TYIA :cool:

I believe they have staggered check in, so whichever time slot you select will be the time you can arrive and be admitted....unless you have FTTF or P/D status.

I believe they have staggered check in, so whichever time slot you select will be the time you can arrive and be admitted....unless you have FTTF or P/D status.

Which probably means not before 1:00 pm since they usually allow at least 3 hours to turn over the ship.

Usually when the Pride docks at 9am, staggered check-in has the earliest appointment time of noon-12:30pm, with wedding embarkation about 1pm then 20-30 minutes later priority boarding, after the priority area is empty general boarding will start (sometimes that's around 2/2:15).

So if shes arriving an hour later it stands to reason that most of the timetable will also be pushed up an hour.

For our upcoming trip, online check in opened up on 6/18. When I did mine at 5am that day the earliest time showing was 12:30pm :( so I took it :)

Pride is scheduled for a 10am arrival that day. Of course the last time we sailed her she was VERY late coming in and we didn't board until 6pm or so! Hoping not to repeat that one ;)

The parking lot at the Port of Baltimore does not open to incoming cars until about 3/4 empty from the previous cruise.

Some embarkation days that's about 10:30/11, but on others it could be later. The worst we experienced was having the Baltimore police have the whole line of traffic that was waiting to park do a continuous loop around the service road. We arrived there about noon but didn't get to park until 1:15.

No amount of priority will get you to a parking space faster. So either plan to arrive early (like 10/10:30) to get a place within the "gate line" for parking which has room for approximate 50 or so cars, then wait for the lot to open. Or arrive later, hoping that the back up for parking had cleared.

A third option would be to see if a friend or relative would be willing to drop you off. Drop offs and shuttle services are generally allowed in the gated area starting at 11.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

For our upcoming trip, online check in opened up on 6/18. When I did mine at 5am that day the earliest time showing was 12:30pm :( so I took it :)

Pride is scheduled for a 10am arrival that day. Of course the last time we sailed her she was VERY late coming in and we didn't board until 6pm or so! Hoping not to repeat that one ;)

Our last cruise on the Pride arrived very late due to sailing into a Nor'Easter on the way back from Freeport. I thought you might have been on the cruise after us until I saw your signature;) Pam on our roll call was on the March cruise just after mine.

The parking lot at the Port of Baltimore does not open to incoming cars until about 3/4 empty from the previous cruise.

Some embarkation days that's about 10:30/11, but on others it could be later. The worst we experienced was having the Baltimore police have the whole line of traffic that was waiting to park do a continuous loop around the service road. We arrived there about noon but didn't get to park until 1:15.

No amount of priority will get you to a parking space faster. So either plan to arrive early (like 10/10:30) to get a place within the "gate line" for parking which has room for approximate 50 or so cars, then wait for the lot to open. Or arrive later, hoping that the back up for parking had cleared.

A third option would be to see if a friend or relative would be willing to drop you off. Drop offs and shuttle services are generally allowed in the gated area starting at 11.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the information. We stayed at a park-n-sail hotel last time and the shuttle got us there just after 12. We plan to drive this time since weather should be good and will likely aim for 10:30 arrival.

Since the Pride doesn't arrive in Baltimore port until 10am ... what is the earliest you can arrive at the port for embarkation? TYIA :cool:

11am the parking lot opens to incoming cruisers. So depending on your boarding time, anytime after that...unless you have faster to the fun, then 11am it is! ;););)

so , FTTF, get to the port by 11am???? we are driving from DE. thanks for all the tips and helps.

9th Pride cruise coming this October. The parking lot opens sometime after 11:00am depending on the time the ship docks. The ship has been docking between 8 and 9 the past few weeks. We love sailing from Baltimore, since it is only a three hour drive for us from NEPA. So on Saturday I tracking the ship's location to see if it will arrive timely, decide what time to leave so we arrive at the parking lot. Sunday morning I check once more to ensure nothing has changed. Since you are driving from DE you may want to track the ship too, one thing you don't want to do is arrive for a time and the ship got delayed. The latest we stated boarding was 3pm and the ship departed Baltimore around 9pm. The arrival was delayed because on the last day of the cruise the ship got diverted due to a medical emergency.

Enjoy your cruise!

9th Pride cruise coming this October. The parking lot opens sometime after 11:00am depending on the time the ship docks. The ship has been docking between 8 and 9 the past few weeks. We love sailing from Baltimore, since it is only a three hour drive for us from NEPA. So on Saturday I tracking the ship's location to see if it will arrive timely, decide what time to leave so we arrive at the parking lot. Sunday morning I check once more to ensure nothing has changed. Since you are driving from DE you may want to track the ship too, one thing you don't want to do is arrive for a time and the ship got delayed. The latest we stated boarding was 3pm and the ship departed Baltimore around 9pm. The arrival was delayed because on the last day of the cruise the ship got diverted due to a medical emergency.

Enjoy your cruise!

What do you use to track the ships location? We will be on the first cruise following dry dock so not sure how that all works out.

Laura

What do you use to track the ships location? We will be on the first cruise following dry dock so not sure how that all works out.

Laura

You can sign up for the text alerts while doing your on line checkin. But since you are the first trip after drydock, the ship will be dead heading into Baltimore so the chances of a late arrival (unless of some sort of delay at the drydock) are minimal.

In 2015 we were on Pride and Saturday afternoon we started getting texts from Carnival about a delayed arrival and not to show up before 3pm. Well, 3pm became 5pm and we boarded after 6pm (talk about a mad house in the terminal!!). Didn't sail until 10 or 11 I think.

You can sign up for the text alerts while doing your on line checkin. But since you are the first trip after drydock, the ship will be dead heading into Baltimore so the chances of a late arrival (unless of some sort of delay at the drydock) are minimal.

In 2015 we were on Pride and Saturday afternoon we started getting texts from Carnival about a delayed arrival and not to show up before 3pm. Well, 3pm became 5pm and we boarded after 6pm (talk about a mad house in the terminal!!). Didn't sail until 10 or 11 I think.

OMG. In 2010 my daughter got married on the Pride. She had her wedding before the ship departed and many guests came to the wedding and reception that were not sailing with us. That kinda of delay would have killed us. OMG what a nightmare for anyone getting married on that cruise.

I am a bit confused on what Priority Boarding time means with FTTF. We have FTTF and when we did our registration our choice for port arrival time was 12:30pm. Is this the priority boarding time or is it something different? I get that we would board post P/D, but I was confused when I saw some posting about getting there at 11am. Thanks!!

I am a bit confused on what Priority Boarding time means with FTTF. We have FTTF and when we did our registration our choice for port arrival time was 12:30pm. Is this the priority boarding time or is it something different? I get that we would board post P/D, but I was confused when I saw some posting about getting there at 11am. Thanks!!

We also have FTTF, so I double checked the Carnival website:

Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

My understanding is that even though we selected an arrival appointment of 12:30, since we have FTTF we can arrive whenever the terminal opens.

To add to the confusion about check-in vs boarding I noticed this on my check-in summary (bold/italics mine):

ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT

12:30 PM

REMINDER!

To expedite check-in and minimize waiting, all guests must board together during the selected arrival appointment window.

Check-in is generally understood as when you can enter the terminal and begin the check-in process.

Boarding is after you have checked in and the ship has started allowing pax to leave the terminal and board the ship.

We can probably start parking around 10:30-11:00 and enter the terminal, but boarding likely won't start until after 12:00 (for Baltimore).

There is a separate entrance and waiting area for priority check-in. Those in this group board first (weddings, D/P, FTTF - possibly suites), followed by passengers without priority.

Clear as mud;)? Hope that helped some:)

We have FTTF also, and parking at the terminal. I am planning on arriving a little before 11:00, which is when the lot opens usually. As the earliest check in time available for Baltimore is 12:30, I am thinking I won't be behind a too many cars.

I've read reports that VIP boarding can start between 12 and 12:15. My planned arrival time should allow me to be ready to board when FTTF is called.

Anyone see flaws in this plan?

We have FTTF also' date=' and parking at the terminal. I am planning on arriving a little before 11:00, which is when the lot opens usually. As the earliest check in time available for Baltimore is 12:30, I am thinking I won't be behind a too many cars.

I've read reports that VIP boarding can start between 12 and 12:15. My planned arrival time should allow me to be ready to board when FTTF is called.

Anyone see flaws in this plan?[/quote']

No flaw but a word to the wise, if you are parking in there lot and you arrive before 11:00 they may not let you in the parking lot and ask you to leave the area so the entrance isn't blocked. It all depends on the previous cruise arrival.

No flaw but a word to the wise, if you are parking in there lot and you arrive before 11:00 they may not let you in the parking lot and ask you to leave the area so the entrance isn't blocked. It all depends on the previous cruise arrival.

Thanks.

From what I understand, they have room for so many cars to line up by the gate before the lot opens, but when that area is full, then they start sending cars to drive around the block.

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to get there earlier (10:00 or 10:30), to be sure to get a "spot" in line, and then sit there relaxing in the car until the lot opens.