Can you beat this chair hog story?

Pride First week of April 2018 Serenity

We were sitting in the shaded chairs on the Serenity deck one morning. There was ONE woman sitting in a cabana and apparently had "reserved" another cabana and 4 loungers. A carnival employee came by to put stickers on the 4 EMPTY loungers. She came flying out of the cabana yelling "they are having breakfast. they are having breakfast". We had been sitting there 1/2 an hour when this happened - who knows how long she was hogging before that.

She immediately took all the stickers off the loungers and sat in a middle one - thus guarding the 4 loungers and 2 EMPTY cabanas. We didn't do anything because we were happy where we were sitting - reading and listening to music and watching this "show". After another hour or so she saw 2 woman looking around and graciously offered them two of HER loungers.

Eventually (more than 2 hours after this show began) ONE person in her group showed up and sat in one of the cabanas.

Lady - if you are reading this and really thought you were being gracious to give up 2 of YOUR loungers you were just obnoxious and everyone watching agreed!! Those were NOT YOUR LOUNGERS.

Apparently her family or friends would rather do something else than spend time with her. I can understand that!

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Sounds like her family or friends found a good way to keep her out of their way LOL.

Well I was on the NCL Bliss and in the atrium a lady was saving a folding chair for another person. I was behind her and all I did was put my feet on the lower bar in the back. She glared at me and moved up. I and others moved up and when I wanted to rest my foot on the empty chair she was saving, she glared and picked up up her seat and the other and moved into the aisle and stayed for 3 minutes. She then kept moving up with both chairs and eventually put the empty chair in front of her to rest her arms. People getting asking her about the seat and she growled at everyone.

After 35 mins and about 5 mins before the ending to game show, her friend showed up.

I witnessed her doing this every night at various spots in the atrium. She was like a possessed person with her chairs.

I also in the main theater had a lady try to save 15 seats in an entire row about 15 minutes before the show. I took one look and said "Nope not having it lady" It is one thing to save a seat for a person who had to go to bathroom or bar, but NOT a whole row. So I went and sat down and within 30 seconds so did others. That lady was most pissed off and glared and growled until a staff person had to step in. oh well Ain't humans fun.

I feel sorry for the Carnival staff member that was treated that way trying to enforce the rules for the benefit of all passengers. SMH. Passengers have no right to mistreat staff much less act so self-entitled.

I'm a musician, and singer, so I really enjoy sitting front row/center for the BIG shows. One evening, some time ago, I walked into the theater about 45 minutes early, and found a young man, about 12 years old saving the entire front row. I informed him that he just couldn't do that, and he REALLY got puffy with me. I proceeded to sit myself down in my usual front row/center spot. He just glared at me. Meanwhile, several other folks came, and told him the same thing. His parents/family finally showed up about 2 minutes before show time. They were pissed that he hadn't saved the seats for them.....So sad....

"SKY"

Some of the best shows to watch are the ones the chair hogs give us. I find a good seat and sit back with my snack and watch the show. They get so aggressive but there’s always someone there to stand up to them. That’s when the fireworks start. I usually step in when the chair hogs claim the spots they’ve been saving next to them have only been empty a few minutes when in reality it’s been over an hour. They hate it when I do that but oh well too bad, deal with it. :D

Several years ago we saw a new one (for us anyhow) a couple had made a tent card for a well paced table inside the lido, right near the buffet. Very official, complete with Carnival graphics that said —- Table Reserved for Mr. And Mrs. Whomever They Were. Needless to say, we would sit there whenever it was open and return their card (shredded into many pieces) to them when they arrived (they never argued just fumed off)... the next day, they’d have a new card on the table, or one near by, which also mysteriously was shredded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

a guy said "is that chair taken" No i said.. then he said "well i need a whole row." I replied in a kind voice "That isn't going to happen."

I might have said something like I know you're fat, but I don't think you're quite that fat.

Yup. Craziness. On NCL we went for one of the game shows in the atrium. A lady had a table with 4 cushy chairs all pushed in and holding onto them with her arms. We and others commented after about 15 minutes into the show. Guess what? No one ever showed up the entire 45 minute show while some of us were standing the whole time. Selfish!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a musician, and singer, so I really enjoy sitting front row/center for the BIG shows. One evening, some time ago, I walked into the theater about 45 minutes early, and found a young man, about 12 years old saving the entire front row. I informed him that he just couldn't do that, and he REALLY got puffy with me. I proceeded to sit myself down in my usual front row/center spot. He just glared at me. Meanwhile, several other folks came, and told him the same thing. His parents/family finally showed up about 2 minutes before show time. They were pissed that he hadn't saved the seats for them.....So sad....

"SKY"

Terrible parenting

A few years ago saw 2 people unstacking the loungers while the crew was still cleaning the deck. (6 a.m.)

Crew worked around them.

Put out 12 chairs then proceeded to put something on each chair.

They showed up sporadically until 10:30.

Several years ago we saw a new one (for us anyhow) a couple had made a tent card for a well paced table inside the lido, right near the buffet. Very official, complete with Carnival graphics that said —- Table Reserved for Mr. And Mrs. Whomever They Were. Needless to say, we would sit there whenever it was open and return their card (shredded into many pieces) to them when they arrived (they never argued just fumed off)... the next day, they’d have a new card on the table, or one near by, which also mysteriously was shredded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lol. Love this. You have to admit this took some pretty good pre-planning on their part!

Two years ago were were on a cruise to Norway on Royal Caribbean. We had some very scenic ports and one morning we were in the buffet for breakfast and walked over to a round table with a couple seated facing the window where there were 4 vacant seats. We asked if the seats were taken and the couple responded, "No, but you can't sit there it will block our view." I just laughed and told them that we would sit to one side and they would still be able to see. They got up in a huff and went off to another table. Another couple sitting at the next table said they had tried to sit there and was told the same thing. It had to be one of more bizarre experiences on a ship - they were dead serious and thought they owned the entire table.

Something similar happened to me...3 people had a table for about 10...no other seats available, so I asked if I might sit there to eat my lunch....they were APPALLED! I politely told them when the rest of their party arrived, I would give up my seat.....apparently, not good enough, so they ALL left! Lol! I invited others I saw searching for a seat to join me!

"SKY"

I feel bad for the poor kid who got stuck in that position by his family. Shame on them.

Pride First week of April 2018 Serenity

We were sitting in the shaded chairs on the Serenity deck one morning. There was ONE woman sitting in a cabana and apparently had "reserved" another cabana and 4 loungers. A carnival employee came by to put stickers on the 4 EMPTY loungers. She came flying out of the cabana yelling "they are having breakfast. they are having breakfast". We had been sitting there 1/2 an hour when this happened - who knows how long she was hogging before that.

She immediately took all the stickers off the loungers and sat in a middle one - thus guarding the 4 loungers and 2 EMPTY cabanas. We didn't do anything because we were happy where we were sitting - reading and listening to music and watching this "show". After another hour or so she saw 2 woman looking around and graciously offered them two of HER loungers.

Eventually (more than 2 hours after this show began) ONE person in her group showed up and sat in one of the cabanas.

Lady - if you are reading this and really thought you were being gracious to give up 2 of YOUR loungers you were just obnoxious and everyone watching agreed!! Those were NOT YOUR LOUNGERS.

God...the gall of some people. They should be banned from EVER cruising again, thrown off at the net port.