Upgrade offer on Magic?

sfs2001

I just received an email with an upgrade offer...to go from deck 10 balcony room to an Ocean Suite on deck 7 for 470 dollars total. We will have 4 people total in the room, 2 Adults and 2 Children ages 5 and 8. What should we do? Take the upgrade? Or not? The new room is 7242....if that helps. If we do decide to do it, is the link for the website safe? We have never gotten an upgrade offer and don’t know what to do. Thanks so much! :) Also, does anyone know how long we have to decide?

When we accepted our upgrade offer we just called Carnival and handled it right then. The offers disappear quickly so you have to jump on it quickly if you want it. They often send out similar emails to several people to see who answers first. We’ve lost out on some offers by waiting too long. The Ocean Suite will have doubt sinks and whirlpool tub in the bathroom, a walk in closet, a bigger cabin, a bigger balcony, VIP check in, priority embarkation and debarkation, priority reservations for specialty restaurants, shore excursions, and the spa. You can see videos on this type of suite on YouTube. Personally, I would book it. If it’s a week long cruise and there’s 4 in the cabin I would really get a lot of use in the extra space.

I just received an email with an upgrade offer...to go from deck 10 balcony room to an Ocean Suite on deck 7 for 470 dollars total. We will have 4 people total in the room, 2 Adults and 2 Children ages 5 and 8. What should we do? Take the upgrade? Or not? The new room is 7242....if that helps. If we do decide to do it, is the link for the website safe? We have never gotten an upgrade offer and don’t know what to do. Thanks so much! :) Also, does anyone know how long we have to decide?

We are going on Magic Sept 22 and my daughter received an offer to go from an Ocean View Deluxe deck 2 to a Balcony on deck 7 for $264. There’s 4 of them also, 2 adults and 2 children. She’s trying to decide whether to take her offer also. When I saw you are on Magic I couldn’t help but wonder if it’s for the same date as ours.

We decided to do it! We thought why not? I clicked the link and it worked and went straight through to payment. Got an email confirmation and checked on my cruise manager and it shows the new room. With 4 people the extra space in the bathroom was worth the cost. We will be on the September 1 sailing so it might be a little busy for the holiday weekend. Thanks everyone!

Speaking of the suite though, since we never had one...what are the perks? It said something about VIP boarding? Does that mean that we can get on earlier than our 11:30 check in time? Is our room ready when we check in? What about the tender port of Belize? Anything else of importance with the new catagory of room?

I would jump on it.

When we booked our Ocean Suite we were told we would get VIP check in which means you wait with the platinum and diamond guests in a separate area. And your luggage tags will have the priority emblem on them meaning you can board earlier if you want. But you will not be able to access your room earlier or have priority tendering, that’s only for Platinum, Diamond, and FTTF people. You will also get priority debarkation upon leaving the ship and one free bag of laundry. Some will question these perks (they’ve changed recently) but I just booked a suite and was told these would be my suite perks so this is current info.

Congrats on the sweet upgrade! We are on the same cruise, but the upgrade offers were too expensive for a balcony, so we declined ($400 for 2 people). Still hoping to get a balcony for a decent price as the sailing has not filled up yet. Congrats, again!