Elbow Beach (The Public Section)

Bo1953

Hello all - I have looked and have not found any discussion, yet, about the 'public' section of Elbow Beach.

If I have overlooked it, please direct.

Does anyone have input about this area i.e. amenities, comparison to hotels section on this beach, and any other thing you believe needs to be noted before going out there..

TIA and bon voyage

Hello all - I have looked and have not found any discussion, yet, about the 'public' section of Elbow Beach.

If I have overlooked it, please direct.

Does anyone have input about this area i.e. amenities, comparison to hotels section on this beach, and any other thing you believe needs to be noted before going out there..

from Bermuda Online:

Elbow Beach. Public. Off Tribe Road + 4, off South Road. Walk 500 yards or so or park. One of the closest public beaches to the City of Hamilton 2 miles away and its mid-size cruise ship visitors in port there from April through October. This section of the three-section beach is adjacent to and between the up-market Elbow Beach Resort Hotel and the exclusive Coral Beach Club. Basic bathrooms (toilets). In season, a lunch wagon provides fast food. Bus routes 2 or 7. (There is a bus stop nearby, on the South Road).

SBtS

We were there a week ago (by cruise ship) and the public section was a nice stretch of beach but with limited amenities. At the entrance to the beach, there were a few port-a-potties, and then no chair or umbrella rentals at all on the beach. We walked all the way to the left, to Elbow Beach Resort, and were told they rented chairs and an umbrella for $100.00. We also walked all the way to the right, which was a private resort, that did not rent chairs or umbrellas at all. It was a beautiful walk toward the private resort. We did enjoy the public beach there, but would have preferred some chairs and a little shade.