Getting a lounge chair or cabana on the Serenity Deck? What time? How hard is it?

LongHill44

My wife and I are early risers and we thought about trying to get to the Serenity Deck of the Pride early a few mornings to check out a nice chair or cabana for breakfast and maybe an early part of the day. I have some questions and thanks in advance:

1-What time does the Serenity Deck open?

2-When does this deck start to get crowded?

3- What time should we try to arrive if we want a cabana?

4-What time should we try to arrive if we want a chair?

Thanks

I don't think Serenity is ever 'closed' but the Serenity towel guy probably doesn't get out until maybe 9a. As to crowded, I'd say 10a with 'peak' being 11-3. As to getting a clamshell, earlier than 10 but it depends on a lot of factors. Go with the flow a little and you'll get a sense.

Having been on the Pride several times, you'll need to up and on deck by no later than 7.

Be sure you stay put because the Pride Serenity staff are diligent about removing the belongings of the typical and readily identifiable chog but the turnover is pretty high. Within moments of clearing one another comes along and repeats the chog cycle.

It's worse for the clamshells (not cabanas).

It's an entertaining process to watch as the parade of piranhas circle the circumference of the Serenity area looking for "fresh kill". Even more fun to watch is the couple who uses the two-pronged approach: one circles the Serenity deck while the other stands one deck up near the waterslides and motions to the other to run to the opposite side when a chair looks available.

All of this repeats itself until about 10 when rotations die down and actually sunbathers displace the chogs. Any later than that and you'll have to resign yourself to relaxing within the wide open availability of Deck 10.

Carnival has a policy of 40 minutes without use. We were on the Sunshine and the clamshell next to me had been vacant all day except for a towel, a hat and an empty beach bag. Finally after several hours of people asking, "Is this taken"?, I had had enough. I told this new couple that the people hadn't been back for hours. So, they moved their stuff to the towel hut and laid down to enjoy the Dive-In movie. When the people came back, they were rude, loud and tried to get back in the clamshell by telling them they thought her glasses were under the cushion! Ha! I told her she hadn't been back for hours and she tried to tell me that she was only gone 20 minutes!!! Nerve!!! As they became louder, everyone around us yelled for them to shut up (movie was playing) and they finally left after I told this rather large man in another clam shell to call security. After they left, another couple nearby said they had the same issue with the same couple the night before. If you see abandoned chairs, clam shells, cabana's for more than 40 minutes, let a towel attendant know. Someone else told me that on another cruise they had been on, the attendants were marking chairs & loungers with times. Good luck!

Carnival has a policy of 40 minutes without use. We were on the Sunshine and the clamshell next to me had been vacant all day except for a towel, a hat and an empty beach bag. Finally after several hours of people asking, "Is this taken"?, I had had enough. I told this new couple that the people hadn't been back for hours. So, they moved their stuff to the towel hut and laid down to enjoy the Dive-In movie. When the people came back, they were rude, loud and tried to get back in the clamshell by telling them they thought her glasses were under the cushion! Ha! I told her she hadn't been back for hours and she tried to tell me that she was only gone 20 minutes!!! Nerve!!! As they became louder, everyone around us yelled for them to shut up (movie was playing) and they finally left after I told this rather large man in another clam shell to call security. After they left, another couple nearby said they had the same issue with the same couple the night before. If you see abandoned chairs, clam shells, cabana's for more than 40 minutes, let a towel attendant know. Someone else told me that on another cruise they had been on, the attendants were marking chairs & loungers with times. Good luck!

Those are some awesome clamshells. We had the middle one on Easter morning in 2017. It was our first morning on the ship and I had awakened like any 'alarm clock' morning, not by choice. So I put on my suit and grabbed a cup of Joe and there it was. We stayed until about 1p when we decided to enjoy other things. We knew that saving that for even a half hour would be cruel so we gave it to a nice young couple who asked if we were leaving.

FYI, clam shells can become extremely hot, especially if the wind is at the back. We never get up before 9 and can usually find a spot. What's odd is you can walk out of the Serenity 10' and chairs are readily available. Who actually sits in a chair from 7am to 5pm, um, nobody

My wife and I are early risers and we thought about trying to get to the Serenity Deck of the Pride early a few mornings to check out a nice chair or cabana for breakfast and maybe an early part of the day. I have some questions and thanks in advance:

1-What time does the Serenity Deck open?

2-When does this deck start to get crowded?

3- What time should we try to arrive if we want a cabana?

4-What time should we try to arrive if we want a chair?

Thanks

Get there early, chair hogs.

Sad that people can be so selfish