Barcelona - hiltons

maggieq

I have posted on the Spain board but wondering if anyone has stayed at either of the Hilton’s in Barcelona recently that would recommend either.

Thanks!

We stayed in the Hilton on Avenue Diagonal. Very nice and a lovely walkable area. Good restaurants, Starbucks, shopping and close to a subway stop. We would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stayed at the same Hilton as other posters.

It was in Apriil after a cruise for two nights.

Lots of business groups that took over the lobby bar in the evening. Room was fine. Breakfast was an aveage buffet full of business types every morning.

I would not stay there again if I had a choice. It did not feel like being in Barcelona instead of say Chicago.

We took taxis to city center and venues we wanted to see.

This was my third time in Barcelona and had stayed at Hotel Pulitzer the previous times.

Hi, I'm another who stayed at the Avenida Diogonal location, even though it's not right in the middle of things, there's a subway stop super close by that makes getting around easy. Nice executive lounge too.

I stayed there in 2013 and it was terrific. There's a museum almost next door ... unfortunately we didn't go there. Hop on / Hop off bus stops very near there. There's a mall across the street with stores & restaurants, etc. Great location. It was maybe 5-10 min. taxi to cruise port. I loved it there. Agree ... GREAT executive lounge. LOVED the breakfast there.

I know you asked about the Hiltons, but we stayed last fall in the Alexandra Doubletree Hilton. Great location, within walking distance of lots of things (because of physical limitations, we took taxis most places). Small, quiet bar. Nice rooftop bar/lounge/pool. Rooms very nice. Service - excellent. Restaurant pretty expensive; we did not eat dinner there but did have breakfast. Also not too far from port.

I've stayed at the Hilton Avenue Diagonal twice. The hotel is great and I love the location. Front desk staff can sometimes be a bit brusque though. I loved this hotel becuase it is NOT in a touristy area. Lots of locals and business people instead. There were several restaurants nearby that were fantastic as well as shopping and the metro station. I would definitely stay again.

I've stayed in 5 or 6 different hotels in Barcelona over the years. Once I stayed in the Hilton on Diagonal up in the Financial District...Though the hotel was nice, I would never stay there again. It's just not near any of the sights one wants to visit as a tourist in Barcelona. Good place to stay if you are there for business and doint business with a comp[any up in that area...but, as a tourist, it is FAR BETTER to be close to the Placa Catalunya. Our last visit, we spent several days pre-cruise at the Hotel 1898 on Las Ramblas near the Placa Catalunya--and I don't think there is a better hotel in all of Barcelona. The hotel was quite elegant and the location is absolutely perfect. The couple of times we visited before that, we stayed at the Hotel Continental--a great budget option in Barcelona--the hotel is a bit dated and the decor a bit tacky, but, again, the location, on Las Ramblas, just off the Placa Catalunya, is unbeatable...and a great bargain with the free 24 hour buffet including beer and bad wine...and balconies overlooking Las Ramblas.

Staying in this location is the ultimate in convenience...makes for a very easy and exciting stay...

I've stayed at the Hilton Avenue Diagonal twice. The hotel is great and I love the location. Front desk staff can sometimes be a bit brusque though. I loved this hotel becuase it is NOT in a touristy area. Lots of locals and business people instead. There were several restaurants nearby that were fantastic as well as shopping and the metro station. I would definitely stay again.

I concur. Hoho bus stop is close by and some great restaurants. Liked that it was quiet, but easy to go find the action if you want it. We are staying there again this fall.