How many room Stewards are there per Room on the Escape?

I am wondering if the room steward is the same person that looks after your room morning and night or is there a morning steward and night steward for regular balcony cabins? we usually tip at the end with the automatic tipping amount that is added to your room but this time I want to tip as I go. Since we've never done this, what is the tipping rate for stewards, I have no idea. I understand it's what ever I want but would like some feed back on people who tip as they go. Thanks!

Any tips that you want to give should be in addition to the required service charge. Part of the DSC is used to pay the salary of the the crew. It is not given to them directly, nor is it divided on a set formula.The best thing that you can do is leave the service charge alone.

I've also been on cruises where there is a second steward (perhaps "junior" in nature) who assists one or more primary stewards. They sometimes help inside the rooms and they sometimes work in the halls to gather supplies and move carts, dirty linens, etc. There's often a little bit of a team thing going on. I assume the multiple people are covered adequately by the cruise line's Daily Service Charge system. I then usually add a little extra at the end of the cruise for the primary steward, if I feel their service was above average.

Any tips that you want to give should be in addition to the required service charge. Part of the DSC is used to pay the salary of the the crew. It is not given to them directly, nor is it divided on a set formula.The best thing that you can do is leave the service charge alone.

I wasn't aware of that. I thought the DSC was just "extra" like a tip but they a salary. Thanks for the information :)

I am wondering if the room steward is the same person that looks after your room morning and night or is there a morning steward and night steward for regular balcony cabins? we usually tip at the end with the automatic tipping amount that is added to your room but this time I want to tip as I go. Since we've never done this, what is the tipping rate for stewards, I have no idea. I understand it's what ever I want but would like some feed back on people who tip as they go. Thanks!

There is no 'tipping rate' for anyone. Each person tips as he sees fit. Your cabin steward will appreciate any amount you give him as will anyone else you choose to tip.

Our experience in the past few years is: each cabin has just one steward and they have about 16 cabins to do. Most of the time we are totally happy with our cabin steward.

Perfect, thank you. I want to prepare my envelopes at home :)

There is no reason to prepare anything at home. You DSC takes care of the tips. If you want to leave extra at the end of the cruise, it is appreciated but should not be expected. We usually do leave our steward an extra $20 or $30.

I’d be interested in how people who tip as they go handle the MDR.

Do you tuck a few dollars under your dessert plate after every breakfast, lunch and dinner??

One stack for the waiter and a separate stack for the assistant?

I’d be interested in how people who tip as they go handle the MDR.

Do you tuck a few dollars under your dessert plate after every breakfast, lunch and dinner??

One stack for the waiter and a separate stack for the assistant?

we dont tip in the MDR. its not necessary at all.

There is no reason to prepare anything at home. You DSC takes care of the tips. If you want to leave extra at the end of the cruise, it is appreciated but should not be expected. We usually do leave our steward an extra $20 or $30.

Yes to this. We pay the DSC and usually leave our room steward either $20 or $40 extra at the end depending on how many people are in our cabin and how high maintenance we are :)

Yes to this. We pay the DSC and usually leave our room steward either $20 or $40 extra at the end depending on how many people are in our cabin and how high maintenance we are :)

That’s refreshing. Most high maintenance people would never admit to it. Thanks for making me LOL on a Friday afternoon at work. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can you possible "tip as you go" everyone that helps you? Don't be a cheapskate, just leave the DSC in place.

We excersize our right under the contract to adjust the DSC to zero. Just like the cruise line excersizes their right to cancel cruises, change itineraries etc.....They allow it and they wrote the contract.

We Usually give 80 to 100 for the cabin steward

We also Leave a few bucks on the table at the buffet, and leave 10 or 15 dollars on the table at dinner depending on the service. If we eat in the specialty restaurant, then we dont leave anything because we are already paying extra.

I rather give the cash to those who serve us rather than donate it to the company in the hopes it somehow trickles down to them. We don’t believe in tipping the behind the scene crew either. That’s the company’s responsibility.

Service has always been good, and I always have my wallet, so carrying around that cash is no problem. I think the servers prefer this anyway because service has been great once they find out you are cash tippers!

Have a great cruise!

We excersize our right under the contract to adjust the DSC to zero. Just like the cruise line excersizes their right to cancel cruises, change itineraries etc.....They allow it and they wrote the contract.

We also Leave a few bucks on the table at the buffet, and leave 10 or 15 dollars on the table at dinner depending on the service. If we eat in the specialty restaurant, then we dont leave anything because we are already paying extra.

I rather give the cash to those who serve us rather than donate it to the company in the hopes it somehow trickles down to them. We don’t believe in tipping the behind the scene crew either. That’s the company’s responsibility.

Service has always been good, and I always have my wallet, so carrying around that cash is no problem. I think the servers prefer this anyway because service has been great once they find out you are cash tippers!

Have a great cruise!

Nice troll post ... I’m going to make some popcorn now

One

Have a great cruise!

I like the way you think. It's your money and your choice how you spend it. Other people have ZERO influence on how I spend MY money.

How can you possible "tip as you go" everyone that helps you? Don't be a cheapskate, just leave the DSC in place.

You said it, I was thinking it. Every time I see the topic of tipping come up I wonder what are they trying to do or not do? I think, whether you have cruised in the past 10 years or not, most have an idea how the DSC works.

You said it, I was thinking it. Every time I see the topic of tipping come up I wonder what are they trying to do or not do? I think, whether you have cruised in the past 10 years or not, most have an idea how the DSC works.

Getting sooooo annoying.