Sea Glass Beach

We Be Floatin !

It is easy to get to by a short bus ride or you could walk it. You are not allowed to take any sea glass, and it is not much of a beach, IMHO. To save you a trip, here's a pix from Google:

enhance

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
color tag did not clear on first edit or second edit

To visit sea glass beach which bus and what is it near. We were there last year and never found it?

quote=SailBadtheSinner;55780644]It is easy to get to by a short bus ride or you could walk it. You are not allowed to take any sea glass, and it is not much of a beach, IMHO. To save you a trip, here's a pix from Google:

enhance

SBtS

To visit sea glass beach which bus and what is it near. We were there last year and never found it?

A route #7 or #8 bus will get you there. Ask to be let off at the Royal Naval Cemetery. Cross the street and keep walking towards the water. When you reach the water or are close to, turn right to walk along the water's edge until you reach the sea glass beach. Or you may see a narrow drive behind some buildings, walk on the drive until you see a path or walkway to the beach.

SBtS

Thanks.....

A route #7 or #8 bus will get you there. Ask to be let off at the Royal Naval Cemetery. TCross the street and keep walking towards the water. When you reach the water or are close to, turn right to walk along the water's edge until you reach the sea glass beach. Or you may see a narrow drive behind some buildings, walk on the drive until you see a path or walkway to the beach.

SBtS

Thanks...how far is the walk? Is it a long walk?:cool:

You could also walk from the Dockyards, cross the bridge(s) and bear right at the apartments. Look for the Convict's Cemetery on your right go through it and toward the water and you will see the path to the Sea Glass beach..

Thanks...how far is the walk? Is it a long walk?:cool:

1/2 mile.

Sorry Biker, but Google maps has the distance of 1.1 miles from the street you first come to after leaving the wharves. You could shorten the distance by riding the "train" as far as it goes outside the Dockyard.

SBtS

Although I hesitate to contradict someone who has such an encyclopedic knowledge of Bermuda, I think in this case that Google maps may be a little off. Perhaps it is marking the far end of the beach? From my experience it was a short walk from the end of the bridge that connects Ireland Island to Sandy's to the Convict's Cemetery. The road that once ran behind the apartments is no longer passable by motor vehicle and does not appear on Google maps. It is perfectly walkable by a reasonably fit person and the beach is no more than 150 away from the bottom of the small cemetery. Here are the instructions I found for it:

Located behind Albert Row and at the western end of Cochrane Road. The road was named after Admiral Cochrain. It's off the Malabar Road and is close distance from the Royal Naval Dockyard.

Bus routes: #7 and 8 (operating between Hamilton and Dockyard).

Reaching the beach this way would then allow for either returning on foot or going up to the road which was originally mentioned and seeing the other cemetery which is quite a contrast, and then catching the bus.

Although I hesitate to contradict someone who has such an encyclopedic knowledge of Bermuda, I think in this case that Google maps may be a little off. Perhaps it is marking the far end of the beach? From my experience it was a short walk from the end of the bridge that connects Ireland Island to Sandy's to the Convict's Cemetery. The road that once ran behind the apartments is no longer passable by motor vehicle and does not appear on Google maps. It is perfectly walkable by a reasonably fit person and the beach is no more than 150 away from the bottom of the small cemetery. Here are the instructions I found for it:Reaching the beach this way would then allow for either returning on foot or going up to the road which was originally mentioned and seeing the other cemetery which is quite a contrast, and then catching the bus.

Do we agree that the Sea Glass Beach is next to Black Bay, located behind the 4 lookalike apartment buildings on Cockburn Rd and is before the Royal Naval Cemetery if coming from the Dockyard?

I did not write it is not walkable, but it would be easier to take a bus.

What is the distance from the first street you come to when leaving the wharves to the Sea Glass Beach?

SBtS

I did not write it is not walkable, but it would be easier to take a bus.

No disagreement there whatsoever. A bus, minibus or taxi is usually "easier"

However sometimes after partaking of several days of ship food I appreciate a more active venture as well as one that permits me to sample the local atmosphere. I was showing my own preference to do that and offering an alternative to another approach.

I have walked from the Dockyards to the beach using the directions I mentioned. I also walked the length of the beach and up the ornamented stairs to arrive at the location you stated.

As far as the distance, I will let you know the next time I am there an measure it.

• 1 month later...

Just back from cruise to Bermuda. Made it to Sea Glass Beach !! It was beautiful and well worth the trip for us. We actually were in route back to Dockyard by taxi from a day at Horseshoe Beach and asked if he would stop by Sea Glass Beach for us to see and take pics briefly.

• 3 weeks later...