Easiest beach to get to from dockyard?

btobey

Can you take chairs on the minibus shuttle? I know you can't in taxi.

I believe you can but it must be collapsible. I have a question for you. Why after spending a thousand dollars on a cruise, would you want to schleppe the chair from your house to the cruise ship to the beach, then back to the cruise ship, then to home? 2 beach chairs and an umbrella for the day costs $45. That's $22.50 p/p. What am I missing?

SBtS

I believe you can but it must be collapsible. I have a question for you. Why after spending a thousand dollars on a cruise, would you want to schleppe the chair from your house to the cruise ship to the beach, then back to the cruise ship, then to home? 2 beach chairs and an umbrella for the day costs $45. That's $22.50 p/p. What am I missing?

SBtS

Honestly they are small and fit in the suitcase very easy. We only stay at the beach an hour and a half. So to me I'd rather spend $45 on something else. We also travel a lot and we bring them on beach type vacations so we don't have to buy or rent chairs everywhere we go. They hang right over your shoulder.

Help me understand this- someone mentioned on another board that the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe is difficult, because there was a rock ledge she had to climb to get back on the path. When I went from Horseshoe to Jobsons (didn't go further), there were little paths to the beach from the pathway. She said her husband had to climb, then pull them up. I was planning to get dropped off in Warwick, but now I'm a little nervous, as it's just me and my daughter.

Help me understand this- someone mentioned on another board that the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe is difficult, because there was a rock ledge she had to climb to get back on the path. When I went from Horseshoe to Jobsons (didn't go further), there were little paths to the beach from the pathway. She said her husband had to climb, then pull them up. I was planning to get dropped off in Warwick, but now I'm a little nervous, as it's just me and my daughter.

There are paths that you can follow from Warwick to Horseshoe that require no such climbing as you describe. Most beaches en route have a path that would you would follow from the main path to the beach. There maybe a path to one beach that requires a climb down to get to the beach and then back up, but you don't have to visit that beach. I've included a Google satellite photo that shows the paths:

enhance

There appears to be one sandy area to the left of Chaplin Bay that does not have a path leading to it.

SBtS

I have done the walk a few times and I don’t recall encountering anything difficult on the walk by following the beach, or following the horse trails and paths when following the beach was not possible. I never heard anyone reporting any difficulty before now. Warwick is on the other side of Jobson’s so if you got that far you were practically there. All I can think of is that they might climbed the large outcropping at Jobson’s instead of taking the paths behind.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks, I had a feeling it wasn't correct. Now I can ask the driver to drop us off in Warwick.

I just read the post on the other forum about the 3 foot ledge. I think they didn’t take a path behind or around that was probably available and that ledge probably could have been avoided. At some parts there are alternative paths. I say probably because I wasn’t there with them....Maybe the husband climbed the ledge and then felt committed so didn’t look for an easier path and pulled her up. I measured 3 feet here at home with a tape measure and I would have remembered such a ledge. I have done the walk between solo. A 3 foot ledge would have been a difficulty for me even though I am taller than you if it were actually that high. I might have tried if I were 20 or 30 years younger :) I would have turned back if I could not have found an alternate route but I never turned back. I never had any difficulty but YMMV.

Edited by Charles4515