Bermuda Tours

genealogyfan

Does anyone have any recommendations for tours of Bermuda? The ones I've found online all require a minimum amount of people or the price is really expensive. Nothing to extreme, I saw one but you had to be really in shape, etc.. We are going on a cruise in October. We want to avoid the cruise sponsored excursions.

What you should book is a "blue flag" taxi tour. You can read about them on TripAdvisor - https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147255-i208-k5525141-Blue_Flag_Taxi_Tours-Bermuda.html A blue flag fluttering from the taxi's bonnet or badge signifies the driver has qualified by the government as a tour guide. The rate is $50/hour for 1 to 4 passengers and $70/hour for 5 to 7 passengers, minimum of 3 hours. You could design your own tour or take the driver/guide's standard tour.

There is an ongoing thread titled Bermuda private guide that CC members comment on the guides and provide contact info for the guide.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

He said "its your tour" wherever we wanted to go. The only thing we told him was that we knew we wanted to go to The Lighthouse, and Horseshoe Bay Beach. My wife is a photographer, so we told him we wanted to go to cool spots for photos. He delivered big time. We went to the lighthouse for about 45 minutes. My teens climbed to the top, he brought us to the "tourist" area of horseshoe bay, but then we went to another more secluded part of the beach he knew of for photos. We stopped at a few other places along the way as well. We had no interest in shopping, and it was a holiday when we were there, so many of the shops were closed anyway, but I'm sure he would stop for shopping in the main city.. .

it was a great tour. He's a current school teacher, and is born and raised on the island, and his knowledge of everything is great. Highly recommended.

Gary

Where did you end up going on your tour with Anthony?

• 1 month later...
We have 6 adults and two children (a 5 year old and a 10 year old) are we able to do a blue flag taxi tour?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seven passengers is the maximum in a taxi.

You could do a minibus island tour. Minibuses have capacity for over seven passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven passengers is the maximum in a taxi.

You could do a minibus island tour. Minibuses have capacity for over seven passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just did minibus 5hr island tour.Good tour saw all the sights. But WARNING, seats are very small and tight. I'am 6'3 and it would have been torture, but lucky for me the back of the bus was empty, so i could stretch. Also if you weigh more the 180, seats will be very cramped, worse than airlines.

We just did minibus 5hr island tour.Good tour saw all the sights. But WARNING, seats are very small and tight. I'am 6'3 and it would have been torture, but lucky for me the back of the bus was empty, so i could stretch. Also if you weigh more the 180, seats will be very cramped, worse than airlines.

There is no standard vehicle in Bermuda. For both minibuses and taxis. I have been in some that are cramped and some that have plenty of legroom. People who are larger should inquire about the legroom for me ( 6') if they you book in advance. I just came back from Iceland, same thing there, no standard vehicle, and took three minibus tours there. Two of the minibuses were comfortable and one was not.

We did a tour with Hidden Gems of Bermuda. They pick up/drop off at the port, feed you lunch and ice cream, take you to tour a cave, swim in a cave lake, jump off a "cliff" (which was just a high rock overhang), and snorkel on a beach. It was a very enjoyable day and they were very careful about safety. We can highly recommend them!