Best Beach Day Pass in Costa Maya?

NYHartChapp

Maya Chan is the same - no flushing of toilet paper. As others have said, this is not just a Costa Maya issue, it is the norm in most of the Caribbean countries we have visited. I am surprised that many say they have traveled the the Caribbean, but never encountered this.

Most festivals, large sporting events, etc in the US use portable toilets that are much worse than the bathrooms we used in Costa Maya. At least they had a flush toilet, soap and running water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I heard from other cruise critic members about Jamie's Blue Reef: http://www.jaimesbluereef.com/. Looks amazing from the pictures - it's AI with loungers, umbrellas, tables, non-motorized water sports, all you can eat, all you can drink for $47 pp. They ask for a $25 deposit as they only take 35 people per day, making it a non-crowded experience. I already sent my deposit.

I will be there week after next-

I'll try to let chack back and let you know how it was.

• 1 month later...

I have been to Maya Chan twice. Always found the bathrooms to be exceptionally clean (entire facility actually) and just like others have stated - no flushing tp, they do have a small waste basket right next to the toilet to dispose of your tp and I never found it to be overflowing, smelly, or anything like that. It's our 'go to' place in Costa Maya.

• 1 month later...
So glad I read this. Our itinerary was just changed to Western Caribbean and I wasn't sure about changing our cruise but now I have. This is definitely not what I want on my vacation. I didn't really want to go on a Western Caribbean cruise before and now definitely don't. Gross:(

Lol, FYI my city is situated in the US and parts are below sea level with no public sewer lines, only septic tanks. I have been in million dollar homes whose owners also request no paper in the toilet..... I truly hope you enjoy wherever you end up going!

Lol, FYI my city is situated in the US and parts are below sea level with no public sewer lines, only septic tanks. I have been in million dollar homes whose owners also request no paper in the toilet..... I truly hope you enjoy wherever you end up going!

LOL! We just had a port stop in Key West and saw exactly the same message in the bar restroom.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put in my reservations for may 30th. To all the places mentioned in this formu to all the places mentioned in this forum. Hopefully they still have openings available. Damn I wish I would’ve thought of a AI beach day before today.

If anybody is reserved for the 30th is anybody interested in giving it up so I can go with my family of 6.:D

I just put in my reservations for may 30th. To all the places mentioned in this formu to all the places mentioned in this forum. Hopefully they still have openings available. Damn I wish I would’ve thought of a AI beach day before today.

If anybody is reserved for the 30th is anybody interested in giving it up so I can go with my family of 6.:D

Please beware of Barefoot beach. We just returned home yesterday from our cruise on Allure. We were in Costa Maya last Friday and had purchased an AI to this beach which included food and drinks. I had one drink and it was very strong so I ddn’t have anymore after that but my DH was drinking margaritas. The last one they gave him wasn’t the same color and was told they ran out of the “other” tequila. He took only 2 sips and said it tasted different and made him feel strange. We left soon after and shared a cab with another couple whose lounge chairs were right next to ours. By the time we walked (a very long walk back to the ship entrance), my DH was staggering, but not slurring, just very quiet. In other words he was not acting “drunk.” When we got to our cabin at 3:45pm he took a shower and laid down. By the time I got out of the shower he was sound asleep on his back. I let him rest and went to the WJ to get a bite, checked on him again and went to a show. When I came back between 8:30-9:00 he was still asleep. I was able to wake him and talk to him, but he fell right back to sleep...until 11:00 a.m.! ...19 hours later! I was awake most of the night checking his heartbeat because he was so still. When he woke up I brought him a piece of dry toast and a cup of tea and he felt so much better. He didn’t get sick nor had a headache. We honestly both felt that “something” was put in his drink and we have thanked God over and over that nothing happened to him or us and we were able to make it back to the ship safely.

We will never go to an all-inclusive unless it is a reputable resort. My DH is not a big drinker and we don’t purchase the drink package on the ship because going to the diamond lounge before dinner for one or two glasses of wine is enough.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also had to laugh as on my grandparents farm, we were thrilled when they finally installed INDOOR PLUMBING! But due to the septic tank issues/country living.....they too would suggest that everyone throw "damp" used toilet paper in the trash bin as the plumbing was NOT very effective. I agree that most all Mexico and Caribbean port restaurants, etc. have this same policy. And it is not as though you have to sit there for hours, right?

Anyway.....thanks for the chuckle and for making me think back to the "outhouse" days when visiting the farm!

Others on Trip Advisor are stating the exact same thing. Vomitting and memory lapse from bad alcohol.... It doesn't look like a coincidence, and I would be very careful of this place.

Thank you for your comments as it was the most frightening experience we have ever had on a cruise at any port.

• 1 month later...
I have been to Maya Chan twice. Always found the bathrooms to be exceptionally clean (entire facility actually) and just like others have stated - no flushing tp, they do have a small waste basket right next to the toilet to dispose of your tp and I never found it to be overflowing, smelly, or anything like that. It's our 'go to' place in Costa Maya.

Did you book directly maya chan or through the cruise line ? What is the price ?