Has anyone done the "Escape Room" during your cruise?

milogurd

We recently did one on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas and really enjoyed it. There were 4 of us and put into a total of 10 to solve the puzzles. We had a great group...I think the people combination could change your experience of it. We would recommend it. Puzzle Break were the people who developed the game we were on. If it is on the Ruby, I would definitely try it on the next cruise we take on her. The things you have to solve can be challenging and you do have to work as a team. If you have never done one before (we had not) it might take a bit to get the hang of it, and you are limited time wise.. I think we had either 45 or 60 minutes. Kosmos makes some home games.. you might want to try one of their easier ones at home to see if you like it. We did that AFTER the cruise and had fun as a group doing that as well. It is something that many will enjoy and some will just not "get it".

On Princess, the time in the room was 30 minutes. We solved it well within the time limit and it was the first time for all of us. The total activity was scheduled for about 45 minutes as you met at a different location where you were given the story line and basic instructions first (during this time, the crew was upstairs re-setting it from the previous group). So 15 minute "meet up and get the introduction" then 30 minutes of the game itself. Princess was using groups of 8, at registration they put our 3 with a family of 5. It all worked quite well. Yes, working together as a team is key!

We recently did one on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas and really enjoyed it. There were 4 of us and put into a total of 10 to solve the puzzles. We had a great group...I think the people combination could change your experience of it. We would recommend it. Puzzle Break were the people who developed the game we were on. If it is on the Ruby, I would definitely try it on the next cruise we take on her. The things you have to solve can be challenging and you do have to work as a team. If you have never done one before (we had not) it might take a bit to get the hang of it, and you are limited time wise.. I think we had either 45 or 60 minutes. Kosmos makes some home games.. you might want to try one of their easier ones at home to see if you like it. We did that AFTER the cruise and had fun as a group doing that as well. It is something that many will enjoy and some will just not "get it".

Last year I participated in Escape from the Future, by Puzzle Break, on Anthem of The Seas, .. the escape was probably a 100 times more complex than Princess...On Anthem we, a total of 12, were given an hour and used the whole room and many objects in the room for clues...according to the moderator who stayed in the room with us only 40% of the teams escape. We pre-reserved the event and they only had 144 spots for 4800 pax.

Princess is simple and straight forward in its presentation, something creative staff most likely put together..whereas RCI's was professionally done with many props.

I loved the unique beginning of the Princess presentation once in the room. Those of you who have participated know what I am talking about. And since that does take time to put together with the CD you can see why all ships might not have it available.

Edited by land lover

We’re just off the Ruby and we tried to do the escape room. I asked two different times at guest services and they had no idea what I was talking about. They brought over supervisors, called other departments, and said no one knew. The best answer they could give was to check the Patter each day.

Guest Services not knowing what we were talking about was pretty common. They seemed to be totally in the dark.

We’re just off the Ruby and we tried to do the escape room. I asked two different times at guest services and they had no idea what I was talking about. They brought over supervisors, called other departments, and said no one knew. The best answer they could give was to check the Patter each day.

Guest Services not knowing what we were talking about was pretty common. They seemed to be totally in the dark.

Check with Cruise Staff (the people who do the trivia games, etc.) Their department is responsible for the escape room.

Just off ourselves. Signups where in the patter the day we got on, the 16th and took place on the 20th. There were sign-ups for at least two activities which made the info a bit unclear as escape was not in the title. It was however in the text.

Ruby Princess, May 12th sailing

When we participated "Glacier Bay day", 5:45pm

In Patter embarkation day..sign ups library 12-2pm

It was the same for us except they added some time at 5 to ? to also sign up and signups were Deck 5 in the atrium/piazza.

Just off ourselves. Signups where in the patter the day we got on, the 16th and took place on the 20th. There were sign-ups for at least two activities which made the info a bit unclear as escape was not in the title. It was however in the text.

Darn, I guess we didn't read the details close enough.The customer services desk had no clue - a few there said that Ruby has never had an escape room. They often seemed to give us answers that were of the 'this will get them to leave for now' variety.

Seemed like they wanted us to just go away and they hoped they wouldn't be on duty when we came back.

Darn, I guess we didn't read the details close enough.The customer services desk had no clue - a few there said that Ruby has never had an escape room. They often seemed to give us answers that were of the 'this will get them to leave for now' variety.

Seemed like they wanted us to just go away and they hoped they wouldn't be on duty when we came back.

I think it is more of a case that they truly had no knowledge of it. Various departments know their own department very well, but do not know about what goes on elsewhere on the ship. So the Cruise Director's staff would no about the escape room, but other departments might not.

Another example I had was that an experienced Cruise Director did not know a dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day. No, he was not trying to send me to the buffet that day. This was during a conversation we had midway through the cruise.

• 2 months later...

We did the Escape room (our first time doing one) on the Emerald last March. Ended up with two women who had done one once. Happy to say we made it out. More importantly, we had great fun.

Has anyone seen this? Sounds like fun, but I hope it does not replace the Escape room.

HIGH SEAS HEIST WITH DETECTIVE JOE KENDA

Calling all mystery lovers. Go on the case with celebrity detective Lt. Joe Kenda, and see if you can solve a heist whodunit. This voyage-long experience begins with the theft of a rare necklace and ends with the unmasking of the culprit. In between is a journey full of puzzles, clues and activities as you narrow down your suspect list with help from Lt. Kenda via video segments. Develop your theories, and uncover the thief. You could win a special prize package… or, at least, bragging rights. Now available on Caribbean Princess voyages and available this summer on Island Princess and Ruby Princess.

RCCL have escape rooms, don’t think it quite fits in with Princess to be honest

Afraid it might take the space of canasta and shuffleboard? They do have it as well as corn-hole. Times are changing and Princess is redefining what “fits in”. Embrace change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the escape room on the Sapphire Princess, it was really good, highly recommend it. We signed up at the beginning of the cruise, it is free, and they send you an invitation to meet somewhere and lead you to the room.

Which cruise was this on and when? I'm on the Sapphire next February. I'd love to do this. I've done them at home in San Diego, as well as a really fun scavenger hunt/mystery, where you didn't escape, but you walked around for a few hours finding clues and solving a murder mystery. I've looked through the sign-ups and haven't seen anything about this. Would you know before the cruise or do you have to sign up on board?

Which cruise was this on and when? I'm on the Sapphire next February. I'd love to do this. I've done them at home in San Diego, as well as a really fun scavenger hunt/mystery, where you didn't escape, but you walked around for a few hours finding clues and solving a murder mystery. I've looked through the sign-ups and haven't seen anything about this. Would you know before the cruise or do you have to sign up on board?

This was offered on the Ruby this summer. No signups until you were on board. We had to scan the Patter to find the signup location and time. For us, it was in the atrium, deck 5, after 1PM (there was no sign). I think others have posted something different, so you need to be proactive to find it.

• 2 weeks later...