Grand Princess Airport Transfers in San Francisco

mdpseattle

We live just south of San Francisco International Airport... since we live near the port we take what ever luggage we want and a taxi (we have some small local taxi services that we enjoy, that are very reliable) back and forth. Generally costs us about $120 including tip each way... worth it to us. We do the same when we are in Europe... have spent a lot more there.. so it really depends on how independent and how much you value your own comfort., whether this is a good deal.

I hate to say this, being a local, using the local subway (BART) from SFO to the San Francisco and back to the airport is not that great... when you get to downtown San Francisco you have to deal with drug addicts and homeless people camping out in the BART stations. Wasn't always like this, but lately a lot in news on this issue. I use to take BART to work daily 20 years ago and it was a pleasant experience; I avoid it now given the current situation.

We also live in San Mateo and I agree with everything said here. We always use Super Shuttle, since a member of our usual party is in a wheelchair and they have vans with lifts in them. Always works out perfect both ways and the drivers are more than helpful. Heck on our last cruise we somehow forgot our biggest suitcase in the van and he came back to find us.

I work in SF and am lucky enough to drive - those that take BART to office share some real horror stories. Such a shame that they let it get this bad.

Question just out of curiousity. If you are paying for the cruise and it is some monies, why not take the easiest way to the port as the cost differential will be minimal considering the entire cost of your trip?

Pooh

My thought exactly. Your on vacation!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. We Lyfted in super early and got through the line and into the port really quickly. We spent the morning on Lido deck working on our laptops and got off the ship last and exited without any traffic difficulty.
That is useful information; I should have included times, too. We reached Embarcadero at roughly 12:30 on our way to the ship, and we disembarked at roughly 10:00.

What is "super early?" Did you not have issues with people disembarking from the prior cruise?

(I wanted to get to the pier earlier than we did...)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

That is useful information; I should have included times, too. We reached Embarcadero at roughly 12:30 on our way to the ship, and we disembarked at roughly 10:00.

What is "super early?" Did you not have issues with people disembarking from the prior cruise?

(I wanted to get to the pier earlier than we did...)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

On advice of my grandmas boyfriend who is elite, we got there around 11 and I dont think we were on board a whole lot later than 12:30 (memory is foggy). But getting in was a breeze.

I'm not sure exactly what time it was when we got off because time wasnt an issue, but we got off in the last possible boarding group, whatever time that was. I was expecting to exit the pier to a clown fiesta of people and surge fares, but no surge fares and getting out was of relative ease (didnt feel much worse than any weekday morning in SF).

I hope that helps!

I really did try searching for this answer, both on the forums here and on the princess site, but couldn't find any information.

How do the cruise transfers work and cost? Is it possible to just purchase the transfer to SFO? I'd take UBER from SFO to the pier, but wondering on the disembarkation transfers.

Thanks!

Yes. we're going in 2 days early and have arranged a car service. We are doing a Princess transfer at the end back to the airport.