New Coffee Card

LARGIN

I traded in my mini bar on my recent cruise on the Royal, both cards showed 12/31/2018 expire date. I used up most of the punches first card and none of the second. Didn’t bother to ask the people working at International cafe if punches will be honored beyond that date, assume they won’t know.

I don’t have any cruises (yet!) booked for rest of 2018, if these cards have truly expired I hate to lose it, but so be it. I’m not going to let a minor issue like this affect my cruising experience or choice of cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I traded in my mini bar on my recent cruise on the Royal, both cards showed 12/31/2018 expire date. I used up most of the punches first card and none of the second. Didn’t bother to ask the people working at International cafe if punches will be honored beyond that date, assume they won’t know.

I don’t have any cruises (yet!) booked for rest of 2018, if these cards have truly expired I hate to lose it, but so be it. I’m not going to let a minor issue like this affect my cruising experience or choice of cruise lines.

So why don't you either sell the card or give it to someone to use? :confused:

We gave several coffee cards away on our recent cruise to Alaska. We always trde in our mini bar for coffee cards. Anyhow... I came home and discovered I have 4 more coffee cards ....We are eyeing a Thanksgiving cruise and a cruise the week before Christmas. We can spread some holiday cheer.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I find I sold my blank coffee cards and have three partially used ones totaling 31 punches. That should be good enough. I'll happily buy the drinks at the IC :) Maybe I should write "EXPIRES DECEMBER 31, 2099" on the back ...

Edited by Wehwalt
autocorrect guessed wrong

I'm not certain what people are saying about a promise about punches never expiring. The terms on the back of the card specifically states "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on the next voyage."

Good point. How long have the cards had a statement on the back similar to that statement?

Several people have stated that Princess specifically stated in writing that the Card punch would never expire. Seems like an odd Princess statement, but they seem very certain.

We are on Island, July 4 SB. Honest opinion from anyone who has sailed Island recently - is the regular coffee as bad as some make it out to be? I have a coffee card as I like specialty coffees, we are debating getting on for my wife more for the brewed coffee. Thanks.

Good point. How long have the cards had a statement on the back similar to that statement?

Several people have stated that Princess specifically stated in writing that the Card punch would never expire. Seems like an odd Princess statement, but they seem very certain.

That has been that way for at least 4-5 years. But I think ever since they went away from the “deck of cards” coffee cards (“queen of steam,” king of cups,” etc.)

We are on Island, July 4 SB. Honest opinion from anyone who has sailed Island recently - is the regular coffee as bad as some make it out to be? I have a coffee card as I like specialty coffees, we are debating getting on for my wife more for the brewed coffee. Thanks.

Do you drink the brewed coffee? If not, why not buy a coffee package for your wife and let her treat you to the specialty coffees using one of her punches?

I’m not a coffee drinker but DW considers the coffee made from liquid concentrate to be substandard. The fresh brewed coffee dispensers on the Royal and Regal are a different matter and the coffee is much better. On the Regal she seldom used the coffee card but on other ships it is a must for fresh brewed and the occasional Americano. Our DW when cruising with us usually has two vanilla soy lattes every day. I’m happy with the complementary tea bags in the HC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

4f2a0a238096a8635e273f797e2583c3.jpg

I have 3 versions of the coffee card. (Still have two unused “playing” cards! Think I can sell them as antiques?)

This is what’s written on the back.

Says my punches can be used on “next” voyage. I would love it if it said it was good forever but , sadly, it doesn’t.

I was on the Island in April, normally I find the regular coffee terrible......but on this trip it was actually not bad, quite drinkable.

Does anyone know the current price of a coffee card on the ship? On my cruise personalizer it says 20 % off . Just wondering if I should purchase it ahead of time. I know at one time they gave a coffee mug with purchase on board

I believe the '20% off' is the difference in the coffee package and if you bought the 15 drinks individually...not sure what price point they used or how brewed coffee was factored in...

Says my punches can be used on “next” voyage. I would love it if it said it was good forever but , sadly, it doesn’t.

The next voyage could be interpreted as the next one your on. Hence, good forever.

But that will change very shortly next year. :(

Just check with Princess. The current cards will be honored until August 2019. The new 'package' will be like the drink packages and on your ship card. About $35.00 for a 10 day. I'm getting pretty sick of all the increases in price, decreases in many areas etc.

Just check with Princess. The current cards will be honored until August 2019. The new 'package' will be like the drink packages and on your ship card. About $35.00 for a 10 day. I'm getting pretty sick of all the increases in price, decreases in many areas etc.

Where did you get the "for 10 day" information? On the Princess site it does say that the number of punches will vary with the voyage length, but all the card purchase info I've seen says the 15 punch/$35 info regardless of cruise length. That's what we're seeing on a 7 night cruise.

It's similar to the drink package except that you limited to 15 Specialty coffees with them storing the punches in their computer system + the fact they they now steal your money if you don't use all of them. :mad:

It should prove interesting to see how many people continue to buy the cards.

It's similar to the drink package except that you limited to 15 Specialty coffees with them storing the punches in their computer system + the fact they they now steal your money if you don't use all of them. :mad:

It should prove interesting to see how many people continue to buy the cards.

Yes, I'm debating about my upcoming cruise...should I trade the mini-bar for all sodas (which strikes me as a waste as it isn't daughter's preferred brand and 18 sodas is far less than the stated value of the mini-bar) and use a blank coffee card from a previous cruise or should we trade for two coffee cards, knowing that there is no way we'd use 30 punches on a 7 night cruise. It might be even more sad that I'm thinking about this.

Yes' date=' I'm debating about my upcoming cruise...should I trade the mini-bar for all sodas (which strikes me as a waste as it isn't daughter's preferred brand and 18 sodas is far less than the stated value of the mini-bar) and use a blank coffee card from a previous cruise or should we trade for two coffee cards, knowing that there is no way we'd use 30 punches on a 7 night cruise. It might be even more sad that I'm thinking about this.[/quote']

Ha-ha.

If it makes you feel any better we traded the mini bar on our last cruise for 2 coffee cards but that was 28 days!!! (We had the drink package so the mini bar was redundant)

Both coffee cards we received are pristine and , since our next cruise will also have the drink package will remain that way. I think I'll just keep the mini bar next time - just in case I feel like having a drink in the cabin instead of going to get it in a bar.

Even though many here are equating the cost of the mini-bar vs. the cost of the options for changing it, we'll likely get the coffee cards.

We don't drink much (still have some of the little bottles from our cruises 2 years ago), don't need any water (traded for water on our last cruise to stock our emergency supplies), don't drink soda. DH drinks coffee (a lot of it) and even though he doesn't object to the taste of the coffee in the buffet...why not get the good stuff? I don't drink coffee, but I do drink tea and an occasional iced whatever and hot chocolate from the coffee bar.

If you don't look at it as a $$ and ¢ transaction, but rather a freebie, it becomes (at least for me)...who cares???

So coffee cards it is.