Printing boarding pass

lauren0309

Does Princess require a printed boarding pass? My printer is acting up not letting me print anything. If I can't get this resolved by the time of my cruise does it matter that I dont have a printed boarding pass? As far as the luggage tag, I guess I 'll have to get them from the porter.

Basically, the Princess reps at the pier want to look at your boarding pass to let you into the check in line, and tell you where to go. I honestly don't know what they would do if you couldn't show them one. I suppose if you could download it to a tablet or smart phone and show them the image that might work. Are you flying in the day ahead? You could always print it out at the hotel along with luggage tags.

You'll be fine. It will probably just take a few extra minutes. If you have any other documentation (e.g., a travel summary or e-mail) that you've already printed with your name and booking number, that would, probably, be helpful.

It happened to my brother. He waited until the evening before embarkation to print his boarding pass. Apparently, Princess pulls access to boarding passes and luggage tags some time (1-4 days?) prior to embarkation.

I just thought of something else, though. You can download the boarding passes and luggage tags as .pdf files, take them on a USB stick to another system (friend? Office Depot?) and print them.

Have a great cruise.

I don't own a printer. I have friends and a son who can print things for me.

There's also printers at our local library and for a small price you can print things at local businesses. It is really not hard to get things printed even if you don't own a printer.

I picked up a great hint here before our last cruise. I downloaded the boarding passes and luggage tags and sent them to my e-mail. Then, when I got to the hotel the day before, I was able to print them. Worst case had printing not been possible, I could have pulled them up on my phone.

Does Princess require a printed boarding pass? My printer is acting up not letting me print anything. If I can't get this resolved by the time of my cruise does it matter that I dont have a printed boarding pass? As far as the luggage tag, I guess I 'll have to get them from the porter.

No, you do not have to have your eBoarding pass to check in.

Tom

Go to a library.

You need the boarding pass along with ID to get into the terminal.

Anyone gone without a boarding pass & if so what happened?

Tom

Tom��

That may be a requirement to get into the terminal in some ports but that is not the case in Seattle. All you need here is your passport or whatever documentation you are using to establish your identity (e.g. passport card, birth certificate,etc.)

Tom

Tom��

I'm on cruise 40 something with Princess and have NEVER printed a boarding pass. I always take the one page booking summary I get as confirmation when I make the original booking. That has your names and sailing dates and suffices to enter the terminal. Usually I sail out of San Pedro but have sailed out of South Hampton recently without the boarding pass printed. After you enter the terminal you don't need it.

New printers are pretty cheap these days.

New printers are pretty cheap these days.

All the really cheap ones are the ink jets where they can sell you the ink at exorbitant prices.

Then if your don't use it to much the jets will clog up & you won't be able to use it at all. :D

Buy a decent laser printer & be done with it.

It'll take a little longer at check in but you'll be fine.

I would use a friend's computer/printer to print mine or get my TA to do it for me.

Took me the same amount of time, the person at the terminal door looks quickly and waves you through. That has been my experience and why I don't bother printing a boarding pass. I print the luggage tags because that does take longer if you need them to look you up and give you one.

It'll take a little longer at check in but you'll be fine.

I would use a friend's computer/printer to print mine or get my TA to do it for me.

Actually, it shouldn't take any longer at all at check-in. There is nothing that needs to be accessed on the eBoarding pass at all to process a passenger and issue the Cruise Card. At least that is the case at Seattle. I can't say about foreign ports, however, so that may be different.

Tom