Packing Lists for the Oasis of the Seas.

My family of 8 will be traveling onboard the Oasis of the Seas July 22nd for my mom's 60th birthday. Some of us have traveled before and some of us haven't. I am trying to find a good packing list to send out via email to everyone. Any advice that anyone would like to share would be helpful also. We have 3 Central Park Balcony staterooms and 1 Boardwalk Balcony stateroom.

Everyone is different. Some don't mind doing laundry onboard (in the sink or paying to send it out) and others do. Some don't mind wearing things twice and others do. And everyone's idea of what constitutes "smart casual" or "formal" is a little different. And everyone has different plans of how to spend their days; some dress for the pool/beach every day, others wear real clothes to walk around in town, and still others do more adventurous excursions like ride horses on the beach or go kayaking or whatever.

With all that in mind, rather than giving 8 people a detailed list of what to pack, I'd give them a list of activities to pack for. Let them know how many nights with each type of recommended dress, and what the cruise line suggests for each type of dress. Remind them of what all your family has planned during the day and what types of clothing will be needed for those activities. Let them know of special requirements, such as long pants for ice skating, or socks for ice skates or rock wall climbing shoes. Let them know there are no self service laundry rooms onboard, but that laundry can be sent out for a fee. If flying, give them a link to the airline's page indicating checked and carry on baggage limits.

Away from clothing-

If there are several people in the room- over the door shoe holder for misc small items

Nightlight

pens/highlighters, paper to write notes/mark cruise compass activities

dry erase boards for the cabin doors to leave each other notes in passing

magnetic hooks to hang lanyards, hats, etc

clothespins

USB charging station- some ships are not allowing power cords anymore, but most items can charge on one USB station

If I'm remembering right the CP balconies have a low and a high light in the bathroom. The low light isn't that harsh, but more than a nightlight. The trick though, assuming you don't just leave the low light on and shut the door, is remembering how to turn on the low light vs accidentally blinding yourself with the bright one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My family of 8 will be traveling onboard the Oasis of the Seas July 22nd for my mom's 60th birthday. Some of us have traveled before and some of us haven't. I am trying to find a good packing list to send out via email to everyone. Any advice that anyone would like to share would be helpful also. We have 3 Central Park Balcony staterooms and 1 Boardwalk Balcony stateroom.

If you're going July 22 of this year, here is your roll call for that week, if you want to communicate with your fellow cruisers!!;)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2537221

Cheers and welcome to Cruise Critic!!:cool: