WIFI NCL Dawn-- baby monitor that is WIFI compatible

HI all!! Does any one know if a WIFI baby monitor will work if i connect it to the ships wifi:D:D

Does the baby monitor support being able to go through a portal page?

Yep, to use the ship's wifi, you need to log the device into the wifi portal. I would suspect that your monitor only has an on/off switch, not a keypad.

Also, how far are you planning to be away from the cabin? The steel room the baby is in will seriously restrict the range of the monitor, as will all the other steel walls, floors, and ceilings between you two.

Yep, to use the ship's wifi, you need to log the device into the wifi portal. I would suspect that your monitor only has an on/off switch, not a keypad.

Also, how far are you planning to be away from the cabin? The steel room the baby is in will seriously restrict the range of the monitor, as will all the other steel walls, floors, and ceilings between you two.

its an app on my phone, i log in through that. thank for the response! we shall see

its an app on my phone, i log in through that. thank for the response! we shall see

What is the wattage of the monitor? That will determine the range, and I suspect it will only be about 15-20 feet, so maybe the next cabin.

What is the wattage of the monitor? That will determine the range, and I suspect it will only be about 15-20 feet, so maybe the next cabin.

its this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZXV3J1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3JZJPF5FY3KDB&psc=1

hoping it reaches next cabin over where Grandmother and grandfather will be :p:p:p

So people take babies on cruises and leave them in cabins alone?

No wonder I never chose to cruise while my children were young. By young, I mean under 21. :)

No, people typically don't. That's why I replied the way I did earlier. I thought this post was a joke. It even has the smiley faces.

An app on your phone to a baby monitor would be going through a service on the Internet. Both the phone and the device would need to be logged in to the Internet at the same time - and the baby monitor would need to get through the login portal to sign in. Doubtful it can work, and double doubtful you want to pay for two devices to be connected and logged in for all that time.

When we took our kids 8, 12, 15 on a cruise. We had 2 rooms. The 12 y/o was autistic. We called our cabin and put the phone on the night stand after we put the youngest in their room to go to bed. We put our phone on speaker phone so we could hear them. Their older brother would pick up the phone and say "I'm in the room. Good night." when he came in the room from the night. This was our version of the baby monitor on the cruise and it worked great.

its this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZXV3J1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3JZJPF5FY3KDB&psc=1

hoping it reaches next cabin over where Grandmother and grandfather will be :p:p:p

Video most likely wouldn't work due to wifi speed limitations and the steel between the camera and your phone. Audio might work, but again, probably not more than 15 feet away.

No wonder I never chose to cruise while my children were young. By young, I mean under 21. :)

The "babies" in our adjacent cabin were our 5 and 13 year old kids.

I was surprised to hear people leave their babies on board in the kids club while they do excursions :eek:

No, people typically don't. That's why I replied the way I did earlier. I thought this post was a joke. It even has the smiley faces.

I think the OP was joking, LP, no parent is going to leave their baby alone in a cabin and no grandparents next door would let them. I know we see some goofy stuff here though. :)

I used to manage a small hotel and if guests ate in our restaurant and they had young children they would dial from their rooms to one of our reception phones, who ever was on duty would keep listening in on the phone.

That works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it really is next door there are a few excellent ones that also don't break the bank, that use Bluetooth instead of/and Wifi.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076C7GTS3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it actually runs on 5v. I use it with a USB battery pack. I have one of the solar battery packs and it powers it for about 8 hours outside.