Where is Captain Tuvo?

Pierlesscruisers

Does anybody know where Captain Michele (?) Tuvo is now? He was on the Star back in October as the replacement captain while the regular captain was on leave. He has got to be the most personable captain I've ever seen on any ship and I'd love to sail on any cruise to any place that had him running the ship. All I have to do is find him!:D

Tom

Does anybody know where Captain Michele (?) Tuvo is now? He was on the Star back in October as the replacement captain while the regular captain was on leave. He has got to be the most personable captain I've ever seen on any ship and I'd love to sail on any cruise to any place that had him running the ship. All I have to do is find him!:D

Tom

I raely use Facebook but read this recent post on the Princess Facebook site that as of 3/14 he was on the Star:

Andrew Goodson Just left the Star Princess Catain Tuvo leads a very happy crew and ship. Best Captain yet!

1 · March 14 at 8:51pm

We were on the Star cruise L.A. to Hawaii with Captain Tuvo Feb 22-Mar 9 and thought he was the best captain we'd ever had. I was always a little curious why so many people post asking who the captain, cruise director, maitre d', etc. is but I'd book a cruise just for Captain Tuvo, so now I get it. FWIW, Andrew Kadillac was our cruise director, and was fantastic. We loved his entire staff, especially crazy Duvall.

Nevertheless, BYE BYE!

We sailed with Captain Tuvo on the Star to Hawaii 1-23-17 to 2-7-17.

Seriously BEST CAPTAIN EVER! So nice. I've never seen a Captain call Bingo before, and he was just wonderful. His terrific attitude permeated the ship. When my husband and I met him in the Piazza or the Horizon Court, he always took a moment to say hello.

Seriously BEST CAPTAIN EVER! So nice. I've never seen a Captain call Bingo before, and he was just wonderful. His terrific attitude permeated the ship. When my husband and I met him in the Piazza or the Horizon Court, he always took a moment to say hello.

He is still on the Star. We sailed with him last week, and we agree---he is priceless ! :)

Patti

We were on the Star cruise L.A. to Hawaii with Captain Tuvo Feb 22-Mar 9 and thought he was the best captain we'd ever had. I was always a little curious why so many people post asking who the captain, cruise director, maitre d', etc. is but I'd book a cruise just for Captain Tuvo, so now I get it. FWIW, Andrew Kadillac was our cruise director, and was fantastic. We loved his entire staff, especially crazy Duvall.

Nevertheless, BYE BYE!

I agree with all of you, he is the best I've ever seen! From the first "Yoo Hoo" to the last "Bye Bye" he was a big change from the other captains and a pleasure to be around. I was the guest of the "most traveled" person on our cruise at the Captain's table for the most-traveled luncheon and it was fascinating to hear some of the stories, etc. that the Captain told about various things. Princess is fortunate to have a man like that working for them and they need to clone him!

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Like 1

Totally agree. Never seen a Captain that was out and about the ship as Capt Tuvo was. Stopped by our breakfast table,

our dinner table and even up in the Crowne Grill. He was everywhere on that ship talking to everybody. Of course it was a 14 day cruise to Hawaii with lots of sea days where he could get away from the bridge more easily. :):)

• Like 1

Just got a email from the Captain this morning for our upcoming to Alaska on the Coral. He will be the Captain on our cruise, so I guess he is moving to the Coral

You're in for a treat then. Every morning briefing by the captain will start out with a "Yoo-hoo" from him and will end with a "Bye-bye"!

When is your cruise starting?

Tom

You're in for a treat then. Every morning briefing by the captain will start out with a "Yoo-hoo" from him and will end with a "Bye-bye"!

When is your cruise starting?

Tom

Our cruise starts June 10

Just one more thing to look forward too!!:)

How long are the captains' rotations? Looks like he is moving to Coral next...curious how long he will be posted there.

I was told by someone recently that he is normally a Staff Captain. I don't know how any line works in this regard but I am assuming that since he is presently replacing ship captains when they go on leave, that me must be in line to get his own command. Perhaps their waiting for a vacancy from either a new ship or a retirement to give him his own ship. I may also be completely wrong on this. For all I know, he may be the new permanent Ship Captain on the Coral. If that is the case, the crew of the Coral must have been leading a very good life to get him! :p

Tom

We took our first California Coastal in October, 2016, on the Star. Captain Tuvo was a complete surprise to us and a total blast. He was genuinely involved with both passengers and staff. (He wore a 10 Gallon Hat for the atrium Horse Racing game and called a shy and unsuspecting coworker over to participate in the calling). He was just too funny. He also gave a very interesting Navigational Presentation and was hysterical in response to a silly question.

He gave such a positive feel to the ship . . . for both the crew and the passengers.

We never thought that we would take a cruise for the Captain, but for Captain Tuvo we would.

• Like 1

We took our first California Coastal in October, 2016, on the Star. Captain Tuvo was a complete surprise to us and a total blast. He was genuinely involved with both passengers and staff. (He wore a 10 Gallon Hat for the atrium Horse Racing game and called a shy and unsuspecting coworker over to participate in the calling). He was just too funny. He also gave a very interesting Navigational Presentation and was hysterical in response to a silly question.

He gave such a positive feel to the ship . . . for both the crew and the passengers.

We never thought that we would take a cruise for the Captain, but for Captain Tuvo we would.

I forgot. "Bye-Bye".

Captain Tuvu truly is in a class of his own.

He was our Captain on a Hawaii cruise on the the Star in October. Only thing is, he cost me money because while I never play Bingo I just had to play when other passengers were talking about how hiliarious he was when he was the caller. :D It was money well spent though because he was funnier than some comedy acts I have seen

My Mother and Sister were very disappointed when they found out that he is not the Captain on their next cruise April 11th on the Star

Not often that people even remember who the Captain is on the cruise and he is probably one of the few who has people disappointed that he is not their Captain. As Peirlesscruises said Princess should find a way to clone him. He said he loves his job and it clearly shows.

• Like 1

We loved Captain Tuvo's announcements during our last cruise and are excited to be on the April 7th Star sailing. Hopefully in November he'll still be on the Coral for our Panama Canal trip!

I had no idea a Captain would be so liked! I hope to meet him within the next few days as we are embarking on the STAR tomorrow in LA. :):):)

How long are the captains' rotations? Looks like he is moving to Coral next...curious how long he will be posted there.

I just got off the Star on Hawai'i itinerary. I had a short conversation with Captain Tuvo about this exact subject. He said captains work four months on and two months off. (Most crew work 8 to 9 months on and 2 to 3 months off.) He said he asks for a different command at least every two years in order to experience new challenges. He said when he returns to active duty after his next time off, next July, he will move to the Coral.

He said the Star goes into drydock next December.

I am of mixed opinions with regards to Captain Tuvo. There is no argument that he was frequently seen mixing with passengers and crew.

Captain Tuvo definitely sets the bar for how a Captain on Princess should strive to be. He absolutely was the best captain we have ever had and commented as such. The crew of the Star took their cues from the top as they were probably the best overall crew we have had. I know several of our crew friends have rotated off since we were on but it really was the happiest and most gel'd crew from the top down. Captain Tuvo was ALWAYS visible and one of the most memorable was him donning a chef hat and getting behind the international cafe to serve pasties along side the crew working there. No job was beneath him. He bussed tables in the dining room, picked up cups in the piazza, and you could tell he treated the crew as family. Truly a class act and a VERY big asset to PCL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...