Best Snorkeling for Beginner: Antigua, St. Kitts or Grand Turk?

We're cruising to the Eastern Caribbean in November, and DH would like to snorkel. We'd be arranging an independent tour rather than just walking to a beach, as we'd like to combine snorkeling with an island tour. He's only been snorkeling twice, so is relatively new to the sport.

We're going to St. John's, Antigua; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Bridgetown, Barbados; St. Kitts; St. Thomas; and Grand Turk. So far my research is showing that Antigua, St. Kitts and Grand Turk are the spots to consider, but any recommendations are welcome.

I realize that the term "best" is subjective, but as a beginner, the ease of the experience rather than seeing a gazillion varieties of fish is important.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

Nice itinerary.

Grand Turk has some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. However, it is offshore and only suitable for those with good swimming skills.

St Thomas has several beach accessible sites as does the nearby island of St John. I don't know how badly last years hurricanes damaged any of the sites. https://www.nps.gov/viis/index.htm

I was disappointed with the snorkeling in Antigua. But I suspect it was the poor choice made by our tour operator. We ended up at a shallow reef filled with apparently poisonous black sea urchins and mostly dead coral.