Pre-Cruise Question --- Grosvenor House London through Princess

Casey12

Question for those who have done pre-cruise hotel at Marriott Grosvenor House London with Princess - -- what time was your shuttle to Southhampton? What time did you get to Southhampton? Was there more than one bus? Did they give you your cruise cards on the bus or did you have to check-in at the pier? Thank you in advance.

We did a 3 day extension in London pre-cruise last year. The bus picked us up around 8:30 or so. I don’t recall how many buses there were but it is a very nice, comfortable bus. You make a stop midway at a nice rest stop to use restrooms, get coffee, etc. We had to have our luggage outside our door the night before just like on the cruise. You check in at the port just like always. You do not get your cruise card on the bus. Princess has to check your travel documents at the checkin counter. Was a very smooth process. The nice thing is you never have to handle your luggage. It arrives at your room on the ship after boarding. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been curious about this same thing. I have a pre-cruise also at this same hotel. For some reason, I assumed we would leave at noon. I would love to leave for the ship at 8:30.

It may have been a little later but it was morning. We had time to have breakfast at the hotel. It’s a couple hours drive to Southampton. Btw, our hotel was The Grange Tower Bridge Hotel. The bus was only for our hotel. We didn’t stop at any other hotel and pick up people.

Please be careful about putting luggage OUTSIDE your hotel room, especially in London. I know you may be asked to do this but I’ve known a number of people who’ve done this and had their luggage stolen. Some tours now say they will collect luggage from inside your room but not sure if Princess do this. Don’t want to worry anyone but I’d hate for you to arrive at the ship and find your luggage is nowhere to be seen. Not a good start to your cruise.

well all these comments are interesting but I was booked on a trip next year to Iceland and Norway and already their is a waiting list for this hotel. Princess could not tell me if more rooms would open nor would they say if another hotel will be used.

I ended up cancelling. Seems to me a year out they should have booked more rooms and perhaps two hotels. I did not like this situation and so I bailed out. I will instead do a Classic California coastal and visit some of my favorite places again.

well all these comments are interesting but I was booked on a trip next year to Iceland and Norway and already their is a waiting list for this hotel. Princess could not tell me if more rooms would open nor would they say if another hotel will be used.

I ended up cancelling. Seems to me a year out they should have booked more rooms and perhaps two hotels. I did not like this situation and so I bailed out. I will instead do a Classic California coastal and visit some of my favorite places again.

I found this interesting. A friend is traveling in August of this year and last summer, she had her choice of 3 London hotels. None were waitlisted.

When I booked my cruise in January for a June cruise, I had 1 choice, the other 2 were waitlisted. I booked a cruise for next summer and am waitlisted and they are only offering 1 hotel next summer. I am guessing they haven't negotiated pricing on the other 2???

I definitely would not have cancelled a Norway/Iceland cruise for California coast. As great as California coast is - it is not Norway/Iceland. I would have just booked my hotel on my own.

This is really my first time using a Princess hotel. Most times do it myself.

I am waitlisted (#3 on the waitlist) for the 2 night pre-cruise package at Grosvenor House almost a year out for my May 2019 Baltic Heritage cruise. Plan to make my own hotel and transportation arrangements if I don’t clear the waitlist.

Is it listed somewhere where you are waitlisted?

Is it listed somewhere where you are waitlisted?

I printed out my Travel Summary and it is listed on it and it indicates I am waitlisted with all the details of the pre-cruise package. It does not list my waitlist #. The Princess Cruise Planner who helped me with my booking stated she could see I was #3 on the waitlist.

I printed out my Travel Summary and it is listed on it and it indicates I am waitlisted with all the details of the pre-cruise package. It does not list my waitlist #. The Princess Cruise Planner who helped me with my booking stated she could see I was #3 on the waitlist.

Thanks - you are right, I can I am waitlisted, I just can't tell the number.

The cruise is a year away so I am not too worried.

How was the pickup at the airport? Was Princess there waiting for you, on time? Just wondering, as I am nervous about this, now. Last year Princess did not show up, to pick me up at the airport in San Francisco, with the Princess hotel package.

How was the pickup at the airport? Was Princess there waiting for you' date=' on time? Just wondering, as I am nervous about this, now. Last year Princess did not show up, to pick me up at the airport in San Francisco, with the Princess hotel package.[/quote']

There was a gentleman waiting holding a sign with our name and we were driven in a very nice MBZ and there was bottled water in the car for us. It was a very comfortable drive to our hotel. It was just my husband and I in the car. It was a very nice introduction to London.

There was a gentleman waiting holding a sign with our name and we were driven in a very nice MBZ and there was bottled water in the car for us. It was a very comfortable drive to our hotel. It was just my husband and I in the car. It was a very nice introduction to London.

Good to hear! Thanks so much😊

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some answers (am in here now):

You have to have your luggage ready at 8 am in your hotel room tagged. You need to meet in the lobby at 10 am for the "3 hour ride" to the ship. Not sure if they are taking into account loading and unloading the bus or what.

The room they put me in is small. I hear this is what they give Princess passengers, though I have a friend who will be here in August and can confirm. Plus there are several other on the roll call I can ask on Saturday. Service is good, front desk staff is nice. If I come back, I prefer other locations in London to stay.

Today will be tourist type things.

There are several electrical plug hook ups in the room.

We just returned and although we stayed at the Radisson the timing was similar. A man was waiting at the airport with a sign for Princess cruises, not individual, we were in fact in a van with a couple for the Grosvenor. On the last day we had to have luggage outside door at 8:30 am and bus was there for pick up at 10:30. It was a straight trip to Southampton with no stops. Check in at the pier was easy and luggage was already on way to cabin.

Have a great trip Coral! Are you doing British Isles cruise or something else??

We just got off British Isles on the Royal and had an excellent time!

Norway! Glad you had a great cruise!

Edited by Coral

For those on the pre-cruise package: Were you able to check in to the hotel immediately upon arrival and go to your room or was your luggage held and you were asked to return later at the official hotel check-in time?

No, there were no rooms available. If there had been, I am sure you would be able to. They did hold my luggage for me. Grosvenor House would email/text you if you want when a room is available.